• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Selling GPU to CEX

Associate
I've got a mint Power color Red Devil 5700 xt boxed. Wonder what cex would offer me? Looking at site for generic 5700xt it's below five hundred so not sure to just sell on ebay.
AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB GDDR6
WeSell for £850.00
WeBuy for cash £552.00
WeBuy for voucher £637.00

That's went up a fair bit recently I think. Tempted to take mine out of my PC as I don't PC game at the moment (PS5 these days) as I got it 16 months ago here **B Grade** Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT Nitro+ for £300.

Soldato
WeSell for £850.00
WeBuy for cash £552.00
WeBuy for voucher £637.00

That's went up a fair bit recently I think. Tempted to take mine out of my PC as I don't PC game at the moment (PS5 these days) as I got it 16 months ago here **B Grade** Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT Nitro+ for £300.

Click through, you`ll find its a lot less than the front page figure

WeSell for £670.00
WeBuy for cash £435.00
WeBuy for voucher £502.00

Man of Honour
Do they still check if the card hasn't been opened? Do they offer more for unopened cards I wonder?
Nope they buy everything as used afaik, doesn't matter if it has been opened, they won't give you more for unopened as they have to open the box to test it anyway.
You don't even need the original packaging, I sold them a 1070ti in a GTX470 box.
It was quite funny to see the lads face when he had a 3080FE in his hands, it was like he was holding the holy grail
Yeah I took a graphics card in and realised it was the second most expensive thing I've ever held in my hands after a train ticket! Took a photo of me handing it over the desk.

Associate
The price is used as I understand it. No difference for BNIB.

The price at cex has been at that for a while. So I'm sure you knew the value before purchase.

Why don't you sell in on MM for rrp. Or raffle it off with proceeds going to a charity?

Or simply sell it to cex as you had planned, double your money.
Decided to keep it. Wanted one for soo long I was letting greed get in the way of me actually being able to enjoy gaming again.

However, I haven't checked the prices of any gpus since may/June time, nor did I think they where worth soo much. I literally got an alert from Telegram and checked out. Wasn't until I received it my mate on discord said about selling it.

Associate
Decided to keep it. Wanted one for soo long I was letting greed get in the way of me actually being able to enjoy gaming again.

However, I haven't checked the prices of any gpus since may/June time, nor did I think they where worth soo much. I literally got an alert from Telegram and checked out. Wasn't until I received it my mate on discord said about selling it.

Get it mining on Nicehash when you're not using it. That should assuage your greed as well as let you game :)

Soldato
I recently traded a couple of low tier cards I'd bought used around 2 years ago that were now sitting around.
Total spent on the pair of cards.... approx £100 back then.
Cash value now was >£200 but I choose to take vouchers for a really clean PS4 Pro + a couple of exclusive games I can't get on PC and Xbox.

The markup can look excessive, but you get a 2 year warranty. If it breaks, you get a replacement if they have one, or the current value.
That's some deferred cost soak right there given they are dealing with used items after a quick test.
Plus you can ask to visually inspect the item rather than relying on some fleabay photos and if there is an issue you can deal with a human.

Overall, it's reasonable, though the trade in to sale price of the xbone all digital is a little extreme.
They also offer next to nothing for the series S so I assume they have a healthy trade in volume of those.

Soldato
I jsut cba these days, last pool I was involved in was the ocuk pool a while back, nicehash just make stuff easy, a bit of Afterburner tweaking and off you go....

Soldato
They keep driving up their pricing on lower-end cards though. A GTX 970 is now £200, up from £170 a couple of days ago (and £105 a year ago). Even a GTX 780 is now £150.

Associate
Hm, I had saved some of their previous prices and the FE prices have fallen. Sort of.

The 3080 FE is down to £1700 from £1800, while the 3070 FE is the same as £1200 but their buying prices has gone down from £840/£960 (cash/voucher) to £780/£900. 3090 FE and 3080 Ti FE have dropped £100.

So in some cases they are just hedging their bets. Or the recent FE drop has resulted in more sellers.

The one I had been keeping an eye on is the 1050 (2GB non-Ti version - I thought it might make a good tide over since I was dumb enough to sell my 1060 6GB for £90ish September 2020, as it's a good card to have spare) which has gone up to £140 from about £90 when I first had this idea in Sept'21. That is some inflation!

Associate
Hm, I had saved some of their previous prices and the FE prices have fallen. Sort of.

The 3080 FE is down to £1700 from £1800, while the 3070 FE is the same as £1200 but their buying prices has gone down from £840/£960 (cash/voucher) to £780/£900. 3090 FE and 3080 Ti FE have dropped £100.

So in some cases they are just hedging their bets. Or the recent FE drop has resulted in more sellers.

The one I had been keeping an eye on is the 1050 (2GB non-Ti version - I thought it might make a good tide over since I was dumb enough to sell my 1060 6GB for £90ish September 2020, as it's a good card to have spare) which has gone up to £140 from about £90 when I first had this idea in Sept'21. That is some inflation!

Perhaps it could be down to the Christmas sales season slowly coming to the climax or maybe the refreshed 2060 12GB or just maybe just, Intel have million + Graphic cards to drop in the new year :cry::cry::cry: MORE likely just the same old Crypto price drops.

Back
Top Bottom