The Matrix 4

V F

V F

Soldato
You know the sad thing, we've seen so many big trailer reveals that it feels like there wont be much left to the film when it's finally viewed. I remember trailers used to be so small it kept everything hidden for the suspense and hype. When they used to be 30 - 50 seconds.

Soldato
You know the sad thing, we've seen so many big trailer reveals that it feels like there wont be much left to the film when it's finally viewed. I remember trailers used to be so small it kept everything hidden for the suspense and hype. When they used to be 30 - 50 seconds.
Really?
Trailer 1 ran for 2 mins 53
Deja Vu runs for 1 min 43.

Allowing for the same material appearing in both, then take out the "old footage" from Deja Vu you're looking at collectively, what - 4 mins, just over?
I'd hardly call that "big trailer reveals". Even if the film had a rather low running time of 90 minutes, and you've seen 4.5 mins of footage from the two trailers, you've seen precisely 5% so far.

Soldato
Does the look of this new film seem different to anyone else? Not sure if it is the colour grading, the new cameras they are obviously using, more CGI or just a different lighting style but something feels quite different?

Man of Honour
Does the look of this new film seem different to anyone else? Not sure if it is the colour grading, the new cameras they are obviously using, more CGI or just a different lighting style but something feels quite different?

Lighting is sharper and cleaner with an overall less grainy or grimy look and feel.

Soldato
Lighting is sharper and cleaner with an overall less grainy or grimy look and feel.

It looks like there is a blue tint over everything and lots of blue references when NEO has forgotten about the matrix refelecting the blue pill. But some of the shots look very cheap like a budget movie to me, it is quite odd.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I watched the first trailer, that is enough for me. Avoiding anymore spoilers. Been a long time since I got a little excited about going to the cinema.

Now to avoid this thread until I go watch it :D

Caporegime
The dejavu trailer, i honestly thought was a fan edit and was surprised it was WB official....

the hype is building its certainly one of the more "remake" films that i actually want to see.

Soldato
I'm kind of looking forward to seeing this when it comes out, but also a bit nervous about whether it'll be any good. So much will depend on how the plot is written, whether it makes sense, and whether it follows the now well-trodden path of completely devaluing the original films in order to make the new reboot/remake/resurrection/whatever work. Will definitely be waiting for some reviews before deciding whether to spend time & money going to see it.

The fact that the original Neo and Trinity and one of the original directors are coming back is definitely a good sign for me though.

From the trailers the style does look a bit different, with less bullet time and more explosions, as well as the general lack of the original dark grimy look as mentioned. Not sure I really like the look of the special effects. May or may not all work in the whole film I guess.

Soldato
I wasn't sure about this when I watched the first trailer. However after seeing the new trailer today I've changed my mind, I actually found myself getting excited to see this!

Back
Top Bottom