Arizona officer fired after fatally shooting man in wheelchair

Commissario
Now if only the police officer could have walked past the wheelchair then taisered him from the front (safe distance of course)
That would have required him to move faster than a walking pace, that's too much effort to try and avoid killing someone.

If someone is in a wheelchair with a close in weapon, it's not exactly hard to stop them, a couple of shopping trolleys on their side is going to slow them down/stop them whilst keeping you at a safe distance.

Caporegime
My point was people say its "only a knife" When its a deadly weapon, you can get stabbed once and die.
You know there's a closing distance before the knife can be used right?
when it's a wheel chair unless your trapped is it really that much danger?

someone said they go about 5mph, the average person can sprint at 15mph.

he doesn't even seem to be directly going at anyone

I bet you can walk around a car or table a lot faster than someone in a wheel chair can roll around it.

you could even stand on something with height like a car roof.

if he's able to stand from the chair then try sure shoot... he's clearly got a death wish.

this guy didn't really seem like he was intent to injure anyone or wasn't really capable

Commissario
I’m confused, someone got murdered by the police and there have been no riots or looting in protest, no neighbourhoods destroyed :confused:
Possibly because the action taken by the force was was almost immediate, there was no attempt to cover it up or deny anything could possibly have been done wrong?

Those are the things that tend to lead to "civil unrest" in any country, when an arm of the government seems to be able to get away with killing people without any oversight ore repercussions, most people, including the vast majority of those that attended the BLM protests didn't want any trouble, they just wanted the police in general to be accountable for their actions, especially when they've resulted in the deaths of people who were not a threat.
The Police in many instances in the US said "**** you" and used it as an excuse for more brutality such as maiming those pesky reporters, the likes of the "Legal observers" (a specific group of lawyers who are explicitly allowed to monitor protests under several states laws, and wear distinctive clothing with ID), or just random people sitting on their own properties.
That tends to be what leads from protests to riots.

Soldato
I’m confused, someone got murdered by the police and there have been no riots or looting in protest, no neighbourhoods destroyed :confused:

He wasn't black. If it was a black in a wheelchair it would be totally different. The usual suspects would have the place in flames and all the businesses would be offering 100% discounts on all stock.

Man of Honour
Yeah but 250 were shot, how many were stabbed, how many attempted stabbings and shootings were there, how many physical assaults? Like there's a lot of **** between being shot dead and nothing at all happening in a routine Police interaction. There's plenty of videos on Youtube of Police not being shot dead, but being very nearly shot dead.

If those stats are accurate, giving birth is a much more dangerous endeavour than being a cop in the US.

Soldato
at the very least USA Officers need more training on how to more disable, disabled people, like the 8 hour day on pushing people in disability scooters over. was no threat to the Officer and shot in the back/side many many times while moving at very low speed.

it's like maybe they're trained in a way that if anyone poses any slight threat of breaking their skin, "stop" em, til they stop.

looks wrong to me.

edit, it's very extreme what happened to this poor chap, but he could have stopped.
edit2, no drop the knife or else, that's wrong imho.

Last edited:
Soldato
What a third world toilet the US is. Why do so many on here cream themselves about all things American?

Loads of good things are done in America and those are what people like to talk about.

The lower care for their citizens and the corruption and the race based issues are depressing stuff so not very enjoyable topics to get into.

Soldato
Imagine being able to murder someone by almost emptying and entire magazine into someone in a wheelchair and only have to face getting fired from work. Makes you think just quite how badly do you need to act and have overwhelming evidence against you to face any real form of consequence. I don't know how heavy those scooters are but could they not have just got behind him and tipped him out of it onto the side? The shooter looked physically strong enough to at least try something before opening fire on him from 2 meters.

Utter madness.

Soldato
Yeah but 250 were shot, how many were stabbed, how many attempted stabbings and shootings were there, how many physical assaults? Like there's a lot of **** between being shot dead and nothing at all happening in a routine Police interaction. There's plenty of videos on Youtube of Police not being shot dead, but being very nearly shot dead.
roughly 2.5% of US police officers acquired injuries through being assaulted in 2019 (Latest year I can find numbers for) again totally wrong but hardly justification for being so trigger happy you gun down a dude in a wheel chair! I'm not denying it as a dangerous job but just as one side give the impression of all Cops running round gunning people down the other side gives the impression of them all dodging bullets and knives on a daily basis. When the reality is only around a quarter of US cops ever fire a weapon outside of the training range and interestingly white men particularly those from a military background are much much more likely to do so...

Back
Top Bottom