Nest Doorbell Christmas Season Themes Now Live

Soldato
As the title states.

In settings you can now scroll down to 'Doorbell theme' under the 'Spoken language' option and select from the following options...

Hanukkah - also known as the Festival of Lights, is a Jewish festival (started in the evening of Sunday 28th Nov and ends in the evening of Monday 6th December)

New Year's Eve
Christmas
Kwanzaa
- Kwanzaa is an annual celebration of African-American culture that is held from December 26 to January 1

Winter

Soldato
For 2021, though, Google is now expanding Nest Doorbell ringtones beyond just the doorbell itself. This year, the ringtones will also be heard inside the home with the visitor’s announcement feature, meaning Google Assistant speakers and smart displays, such as the Nest Hub or Nest Audio, will play and display a themed announcement of who’s at the door.

Soldato
OP
No, its free and works on my nest speakers

Yes the melody does work on the nest speaker, I was being told porkies yesterday. I don't get visitor announcements option anymore as mine is the wired version rather than the battery one. If I had Nest Aware I would get visitor announcements feature back but for now it just says a generic "someone's at the door".

Caporegime
Ah yes I get "someone's at the front door" and the chime sound. (new battery doorbell).

Might pay for the nest subscription for a month over Christmas while away.

Soldato
Yes the melody does work on the nest speaker, I was being told porkies yesterday. I don't get visitor announcements option anymore as mine is the wired version rather than the battery one. If I had Nest Aware I would get visitor announcements feature back but for now it just says a generic "someone's at the door".

I wouldn't fret, i don't find nest aware particularly good tbh! I've got most visitors with the max 300 images captured and it can still get them wrong/mixed up.

Soldato
OP
I wouldn't fret, i don't find nest aware particularly good tbh! I've got most visitors with the max 300 images captured and it can still get them wrong/mixed up.

I'm not worried about it for that reason. The main advantage with the Nest Aware is not being limited to activations that occurred only in the last 3 hours and possibly not having 24/7 recording which I think is a bit of a cheek not being included in the base subs package.

Caporegime
I'm not worried about it for that reason. The main advantage with the Nest Aware is not being limited to activations that occurred only in the last 3 hours and possibly not having 24/7 recording which I think is a bit of a cheek not being included in the base subs package.

I'm gonna be using the free trial over Christmas. Might just sign up to Odd month when away from home

Back
Top Bottom