Cash is only used by the poor or elderly

Permabanned
I’m emphatically NOT taking the ****, but a pub lunch with your family for a fiver!!
I can imagine that a pregnant woman constitutes a family, and if she had a coffee and a slice of bread she just may have got away with a fiver, or did everyone buy their own, and you had a beer and a packet of crisps?

I think he or she meant a fiver for the taxi ride, but I can take you to some dumps up here where your Gallic gastronomic sensibilities would be so outraged you'd consider a fiver too dear ;)

Man of Honour
I think he or she meant a fiver for the taxi ride, but I can take you to some dumps up here where your Gallic gastronomic sensibilities would be so outraged you'd consider a fiver too dear ;)

Thanks Chris, I’ve already conceded that I may have speed read the post, and that the poster did mean that the fiver was for the cab ride.
As for my gastronomic sensibilities, I remember being in Bridgnorth, Salop years ago, but I’ve no recall of where I dined.
The only other town in Shropshire that I recall was Shrewsbury, another truck driver and I overnighted there on our way to Anglesey a million years ago, I smoked in those days and went into Safe-Way supermarket to buy a pack.
I remember putting the bite on the checkout girl there, (who called it Sex-Ways), taking her out for a drink, spending bundles and getting nowhere, such is the luck of a 1970s would be Casanova.

Permabanned
Thanks Chris, I’ve already conceded that I may have speed read the post, and that the poster did mean that the fiver was for the cab ride.
As for my gastronomic sensibilities, I remember being in Bridgnorth, Salop years ago, but I’ve no recall of where I dined.
The only other town in Shropshire that I recall was Shrewsbury, another truck driver and I overnighted there on our way to Anglesey a million years ago, I smoked in those days and went into Safe-Way supermarket to buy a pack.
I remember putting the bite on the checkout girl there, (who called it Sex-Ways), taking her out for a drink, spending bundles and getting nowhere, such is the luck of a 1970s would be Casanova.

You should have stopped in Whitchurch, the bints here would have obliged you for a fag or two especially if you feigned a French accent ;) They're a bit more precious in Shrewsbury.

Associate
So starling bank have Introduced new fees..

Personal accounts can deposit 1k in cash per year then after that amount is reached fees are Introduced..

Business accounts 0.3% up to 0.7% now for all cash deposits.

Controlling how they want us to spend/use our cash money.

Personall I don't it. I'm a small business doing lots of small transactions..

Soldato

Personal accounts can deposit 1k in cash per year then after that amount is reached fees are Introduced..

Only a matter of time before they did that. Banks are all the same, absolute shower of bovine excrement....and everyone who works for one too.

Soldato
Be fair. I know plenty of good folk that work for banks. A wage is a wage at the end of the day. As always with these things, it’s the higher ups you should be aiming your ire at. They always find ways to screw you over.

Soldato

I'd imagine the majority of people with personal accounts barely pay any cash in. Most people's wages are paid via BACS, and money transferred will be done via faster payments. Come to think of it, i don't think i've ever paid cash into my Monzo account.

Business accounts are always a bit different, as i think the premise is that there's always some charge for using these whether it's a fintech bank or traditional high street bank.

Associate
I'd imagine the majority of people with personal accounts barely pay any cash in. Most people's wages are paid via BACS, and money transferred will be done via faster payments. Come to think of it, i don't think i've ever paid cash into my Monzo account.

Business accounts are always a bit different, as i think the premise is that there's always some charge for using these whether it's a fintech bank or traditional high street bank.
Yes I get this. But they are really pushing cash away especially for personal accounts as paying in over 1k incurs a fee so personal cash spending will slow up. And my thought as always is, once no cash and then card fee's will eventually applied for every transaction.

Soldato
Yes I get this. But they are really pushing cash away especially for personal accounts as paying in over 1k incurs a fee so personal cash spending will slow up. And my thought as always is, once no cash and then card fee's will eventually applied for every transaction.
Offset by the fact organisations will save a fortune by not paying G4S and other muppets to dress up as Action Man to transport cash to people paid enough they're incentivised not to nick the cash.

Soldato
And my thought as always is, once no cash and then card fee's will eventually applied for every transaction.

I've had this debate with someone else on these forums (might even be in this thread), transaction fees for using cards already exist and have existed for many-many years. They're typically paid for by the retailer though and are highly likely already included in the price of the product you're buying.

Associate
I've had this debate with someone else on these forums (might even be in this thread), transaction fees for using cards already exist and have existed for many-many years. They're typically paid for by the retailer though and are highly likely already included in the price of the product you're buying.

Yes retailers pay, but I can see end user paying soon. I'm on the fence with it all. Can't decide. Just to much forcing everywhere at the moment.

Sounds like a smart move on starlings end. Cash costs a lot for companies to deal with. Even more so for the likes of starling which don't have direct staff to deal with this. £1k a year for an online only bank is fair

Soldato
When you see moves by the U.S. to do things like track bank accounts for anything over 100 for TAX PURPOSES, you can see why people would want to use cash.

But anyway... the tone of the OP's post and "I'm more important than everyone else, how dare you inconvenience me!!" is just stunning. You muppet.

Caporegime
Yes retailers pay, but I can see end user paying soon. I'm on the fence with it all. Can't decide. Just to much forcing everywhere at the moment.
does anyone really think retailers pay it out of their own profits
what they going to do make us pay it twice, dout anyone makes a loss from shop lifters either if they did most business would go under.
legit customers surely most pay for it

If shop lifting disappeared do you think prices would go down, or would profits go up

Soldato
Retailers aren't charities. Of course the cost is getting past onto you. How else would they pay for it? They don't have another magical pot of money :confused:

The cost of the lighting, heating, sick leave, holiday pay - all of it is passed onto the Customer.

Back
Top Bottom