Reacher - Amazon TV series 2022

Soldato
Hi All,

Looks like Amazon have decided to cast a more Book like Reacher than the Tom Cruise films. Hopefully they stick with making one book per season but so far, whilst this Reacher looks "young" despite being an appropriate age (book Reacher is late 30's-early 40's, actor is 39), it also looks good.

Soldato
Looks good so far - I only hope they follow the books and bring a new supporting cast in for each season as the essence of Reacher is that he's a drifter and never stays anywhere long.

Man of Honour
Read all the books and looking forward to this.

The Tom Cruise films were ok as long as you didn't watch them expecting a Jack Reacher film.

Doubt they'll do one book per season, that would make it a very long running show (26 books) Maybe elements of the books set during his time in the army will be incorporated as flashbacks.

Pet Northerner
Don
Hot dang that's a proper casting!

Shame it won't be one book per season! It'll be like Bosch.

@barmyllama looks like Season 1 is just killing floor, so hopefully they can do a few more seasons :), I love the books - they're so trashy and fun!

Last edited:
Pet Northerner
Don
Bosch used parts from a few books each series.
Season 1 - Based on The Concrete Blonde (Book 3), City of Bones (Book 8), and Echo Park (Book 12)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bosch_(TV_series)

Yeah that was my point, I knew Bosch took from multiple books per season , heavily limiting the number of seasons that could exist.

However the key difference here is that Bosch, unlike Reacher was made with Michael Connelly well on board and signing off on the writing. Lee Child sold the rights to Reacher years ago and has zero say on how the stories from multiple books could be woven into a single series - opening up the potential for crappy writing!

Associate
Yeah that was my point, I knew Bosch took from multiple books per season , heavily limiting the number of seasons that could exist.

However the key difference here is that Bosch, unlike Reacher was made with Michael Connelly well on board and signing off on the writing. Lee Child sold the rights to Reacher years ago and has zero say on how the stories from multiple books could be woven into a single series - opening up the potential for crappy writing!
Sorry read you post to quickly. The Bosch adaption does show how you these shows can work, but it does need top quality writers who understand the source material, whilst not being afraid to make changes. When I first watched Bosch it seemed the standard detective show, full of the usual clichés, but the acting and writing made the ideas seem fresh and it just worked.

Soldato
Series looks good, never read the books might give them ago after I've watched the first season.

I really enjoyed the first Tom Cruise movie I think it was an excellent action/thriller with some really really good film making and practical effects. The car chase for instance is top notch. The second one was a bit average, I expect better from a Cruise movie.

Caporegime
Thing is if you have read any of the books, it was just the absolute wrong casting to have TC play him.

Same with Tom Hanks in the Dan Brown novels. Totally the wrong actor for the part.

Back
Top Bottom