Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
To be fair most of them are the typical 'bought and and can't fit it so I'll leave it 1 star' type reviews. But it's the IP rating that concerns me. I'm wondering whether to pay an electrician to install proper lighting that I know I won't have to touch (except bulbs) or try and do it on the cheap... and potentially have to pay for it again in a year or so.

It's probably a stop gap solution for now. The shed doesn't have power and it'd be a hassle to get it there but if that light proves unreliable then I'll bite the bullet and get power put in.

The IP rating doesn't really worry me. We had an IP44 rated light on our previous shed (which we replaced with this new shed) and the light was still working fine after being out in the elements for 5 years in a spot that's quite exposed.

Man of Honour
The IP rating doesn't really worry me. We had an IP44 rated light on our previous shed (which we replaced with this new shed) and the light was still working fine after being out in the elements for 5 years in a spot that's quite exposed.
Fair enough, I've ordered one so will give it a go. I should really get a sparky round to put an extra socket in the garage and run two PIR cameras. Plus I also want CCTV so may speak to a security company so that they can run the network cable from the house to the garage too.

Caporegime
Does it have a Tado thermostat as well? What's the interface between the TRVs and the boiler?

This whole system seems fantastic if I'm understanding it correctly, it's just a shame it's been brought to market just as gas boilers are being outlawed.
Each TRV communicates wirelessly with the boiler via the wireless extender that plugs into boiler. Any TRV can on its own call for heat from the boiler.

Gas boilers making way for heat pumps should only make them more relevant in terms of efficiency and not over working the heat pump. They should still work with heat pumps.

Man of Honour
First hardback purchase in a very long time but can't wait for the paperback, hope we get a decent conclusion. As for why didn't I go for a digital version, I only have chance to read at work while on breaks and had to get a physical copy.

I got the digital and loving it so far, didn't get a re-read in before but will be going back through once i've finished this! Such a shame its finishing & they seem to be quitting the amazon series a few books early, I don't see how they can really fit anything beyond babylon's ashes in.

Soldato
I got the digital and loving it so far, didn't get a re-read in before but will be going back through once i've finished this! Such a shame its finishing & they seem to be quitting the amazon series a few books early, I don't see how they can really fit anything beyond babylon's ashes in.

I think the series is going to stop at that natural end point of book 6, just leaves all the protomolecule stuff unexplained for the TV show watchers unless they cram it in poorly GOT style.

Soldato
I spy a kamado.

Haha I was going to say the same
Ha it's acccctually a YNNI or whatever it was. Same same though and for the XL was about 900. Was the only one I could get delivered to me in 2020 but yea, love it! Very pleased with that. That and the Ooni out there serve me very well.

I can't look past that Jared Leto joker canvas....... it's not to my taste lets leave it at that. :p
Haha yes, I love that one, but it's not to everyone's taste. Which is fine! I change them up pretty frequently. I'll no doubt put something else up soon but hey. Horses for courses and all that. My aunty is a realllly good full time artist, I keep angling for a painting of hers for the house I'd love there :p just don't fancy the 5k+ price tag! She said years ago she'd donate one to the house, so...

Something else arrived today, and I have an inability to not put things up immediately.

b629YhW.jpg
Before. Excuse the towel to clean the dogs feet and my dirty outside. I've been playing/ gardening :p

k48tUzb.jpg

After! Very pleased with it. Though I did just spend over 100eur on frigging bulbs! Needed light over the table (soon to be replaced but chairs are new) and light over this end (something going in this space hopefully next week) so this was a good choice. I really like how it's looking and my touch on the place since being a bachelor pad :p

Soldato
jireujs.jpeg

First hardback purchase in a very long time but can't wait for the paperback, hope we get a decent conclusion. As for why didn't I go for a digital version, I only have chance to read at work while on breaks and had to get a physical copy.

Also the only way for quite some time to discover the ending with season 6 being the 'final season' on Amazon.

George R. R. Martin said:
Interplanetary adventure the way it ought to be written

What, finished?

Soldato
Got some knives (the dreaded colour ones!), I'm surprised by how sharp these things are, specially the purple one can slice through paper clean with no effort whatsoever.
Context - I've never bought knives, I don't even use them often :rolleyes: hence buying cheapy ones my expectations where low and it was a pleasant surprise!

IMG-20211203-201316.jpg

Last edited:

Kei

Kei

Soldato
Nifty scan the pc :p I presume its for house insulation and stuff where it can save a lot of money. Also will show which neighbour has a 'farm' in their attic :o
Electronic repair work is the main reason behind buying it. House insulation is the secondary purpose.

Scanned my pc with it just for fun. The eagle eyed may spot the pcie power +12V cables get ever so slightly warmer than the grounds.

You can see which side of the radiator the hot water comes in.

Soldato
Ha it's acccctually a YNNI or whatever it was. Same same though and for the XL was about 900. Was the only one I could get delivered to me in 2020 but yea, love it! Very pleased with that. That and the Ooni out there serve me very well.

Haha yes, I love that one, but it's not to everyone's taste. Which is fine! I change them up pretty frequently. I'll no doubt put something else up soon but hey. Horses for courses and all that. My aunty is a realllly good full time artist, I keep angling for a painting of hers for the house I'd love there :p just don't fancy the 5k+ price tag! She said years ago she'd donate one to the house, so...

Something else arrived today, and I have an inability to not put things up immediately.

b629YhW.jpg
Before. Excuse the towel to clean the dogs feet and my dirty outside. I've been playing/ gardening :p

k48tUzb.jpg

After! Very pleased with it. Though I did just spend over 100eur on frigging bulbs! Needed light over the table (soon to be replaced but chairs are new) and light over this end (something going in this space hopefully next week) so this was a good choice. I really like how it's looking and my touch on the place since being a bachelor pad :p

Your Christmas tree is wonky.

Back
Top Bottom