Keeping up with the Markles

Soldato
Just edited my post, I don't think she is that it's the people who dislike her that's all they really have against her.

It's Daily Mail level of hating someone they don't actually know, based purely on what she looks like, sounds like etc.. Which is why it's really great to see her battle the DM and win consistently.

I have no real opinion on her as a person because I do not know her, however anyone that takes on the British tabloid press should be encouraged and applauded. It's an outdated, vile institution and a lot of the bile in this thread has originated from years of exposure to it.

Caporegime
She only "seems kind of mean" because of the drip-drip-drip of constant attacks against her in the press, since she married Harry.

If she was genuinely mean, why would anybody be her friend?
Hasn't she already been shown to be a complete hypocrite and a bare-faced liar? I think those are decent reasons not to like her.

Mind you, I don't like Harry either. William and Kate are by far the more respectable couple.

Harry and Meghan just want to milk their royal status for all its worth and feather their own nests.

Man of Honour
It's Daily Mail level of hating someone they don't actually know, based purely on what she looks like, sounds like etc.. Which is why it's really great to see her battle the DM and win consistently.

I have no real opinion on her as a person because I do not know her, however anyone that takes on the British tabloid press should be encouraged and applauded. It's an outdated, vile institution and a lot of the bile in this thread has originated from years of exposure to it.

I was trying to think of how to post something like this, but being aware of my hair trigger typing style I was agonising about how to not look like a vindictive vigilante, when Bingo!, along comes Dirk, and drops it straight into the pickle barrel!
Well said Dirk.
Can you imagine getting on a plane somewhere to return to U.K. and the only papers available were The Sun or The Mail?
It would make Sophie’s Choice look simple.

Last edited:
Soldato
Plus a secret "substantial" amount of money. But it's good optics to seperate the two and say it's purely a matter of principle with a token amount of money involved.

"Her spokesperson described this payment as substantial and said it will be donated to charity."

Its on this page...

Caporegime
Soldato
The publicity she generated for herself will be worth millions.

She leaked her own letters and then sued over it. She engineered the whole thing to elevate her public persona and win sympathy.

Now, of course, come the Netflix deals and other such deals where she and Harry will be using their royal titles and connections.

How do you know this?

Caporegime
How do you know this?
It was part of the court case. The entire letter was carefully crafted to read well "if leaked". She then, apparently, briefed all her friends about the contents of the letter and gave the green light for them to talk to the media about it.
I don't really care, to be honest. I'm not a royalist. I just can't stand Harry and co, because they've already shown themselves to be pursuing their own self-interest, and not interested in serving the country that gave them the most privileged upbringing you can imagine.

If they both end up disgraced and unable to fulfil their roles, then perhaps we'll have to have a discussion about the role of the monarchy or its very future.

Soldato
It was part of the court case. The entire letter was carefully crafted to read well "if leaked". She then, apparently, briefed all her friends about the contents of the letter and gave the green light for them to talk to the media about it.

I don't really care, to be honest. I'm not a royalist. I just can't stand Harry and co, because they've already shown themselves to be pursuing their own self-interest, and not interested in serving the country that gave them the most privileged upbringing you can imagine.

If they both end up disgraced and unable to fulfil their roles, then perhaps we'll have to have a discussion about the role of the monarchy or its very future.
Apparently or did?

Caporegime
Apparently or did?
Did brief her friends about the content of the letter as they then gave interviews to magazines and such (including authoring books) that referenced its existence and content, prior to her Dad finally leaking it.

Markle herself claims not to know that her friends would be giving interviews or including references to the letter in authorised accounts of her life :p

Sure, sure. She made sure to tell all her friends about it, and let them write about her, and then says she had no idea they would mention the letter.

She's not stupid, I'll give her that. She's clearly got some skill in manipulation.

Soldato
Did brief her friends about the content of the letter as they then gave interviews to magazines and such (including authoring books) that referenced its existence and content, prior to her Dad finally leaking it.

Markle herself claims not to know that her friends would be giving interviews or including references to the letter in authorised accounts of her life :p

Sure, sure. She made sure to tell all her friends about it, and let them write about her, and then says she had no idea they would mention the letter.

She's not stupid, I'll give her that. She's clearly got some skill in manipulation.
But you said she "apparently" briefed so now she DID brief them?

Make your mind up.

Considering she leaked it herself to the public youd think one of if not the biggest news outlets in the world would know about it instead of losing in court.

Back
Top Bottom