• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Lisa Su - you can find consoles, you are just not willing to pay for them!

bru

bru

Soldato
Err......unless I'm very much mistaken AMD don't sell consoles, so its really not their fault.

Still a stupid thing to say though.

Soldato
What's the bet that the ps5 will still not stay in stock all of 2022.

I'd almost take a bet that the ps5 pro will launch by the time ps5 can stay in stock for longer than 10 minutes. The only two reasons I'd be hesitant to do a bet is I don't know what a ps5 pro would launch, I can guess it's 24 months from now because of what Sony did last time and also there is a significant enough risk of a new global recession within the next 24 months could reduce demand

Caporegime
Don't tell people the truth, you will be acused of being a Nvidia Fanboy!
Ah, fanboys. To be so emotionally invested in a company and to get literally nothing in return, except the /rolleyes of everyone else in the room...

Won't even get a discount, or even a Christmas card from Lisa/Jensen. They get nada :p Why spend so much energy and emotion defending an amoral corporation as if it was your Mum's honour.

Wouldn't be so bad if they'd actually acknowledge valid criticisms and unfavourable facts, but anything that shows their chosen megacorp/messiah in a bad light must be refuted, by any means necessary. Ruins so many threads, here and elsewhere.

Associate
And those ******* DEFINITELY aren't your friend!! :D
Yes, we all know who Nvidia look after; for a company without fabs to have nearly 2/3 margins is quite impressive (for their shareholder), or worrying (for us consumers).
teHh8wQ.png

Anyway, I do agree that all these corporations are only looking out for themselves.

Where I differ is that this excuses the kind of monopolistic and anti-consumer stuff which Intel and Nvidia have engaged in.

Now, the reason may very well that AMD's marketshare was nowhere near high enough to pull off any of that kind of stuff, but until they too do so I am more inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt.

The argument "they are all the same" is also often used with politicians and I have always found it dangerous. For instance "they are all the same" plus "therefore I might as well vote for who is the most fun" gave us that last US president. They might all be out enrich themselves and those they know but this is no reason to elect an obvious sociopath and while the other choice might have been boring, in the end they just demonstrated the curse "may you live in interesting times". Those who say "things cannot get any worse" should quickly realise that "yes, they can!".

That's why I am cautious of AMD's greed and lament their times of "innocence", but that doesn't necessarily mean rewarding Intel or Nvidia. I also consider what will happen when it is time for my next purchase; if Intel are going to offer predatory pricing a la Atom contra-revenue* then I will take into account what this might mean for my purchases in 5 years or more. After all, dumping's motivation isn't to loose money or benefit the consumer.

* one of the best example of corporate doublespeak in the IT in recent(ish) times.

Caporegime
The one company that literally doesn't even bother with their UK customers ahahah.
Yup that leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

Had wanted an all-AMD setup, as I didn't much care about RT, and really fancied a 6700XT or better.

But lo, AMD be like, "Not for you UK peasants! Pay 2-3x RRP or go without!" So I thought to myself, "Haven't had an nV card for a while, but the last one I had kicked arse (GTX460). Let's see if I can get an FE... oh I can, job done!"

And thus ended my dream of an all-AMD setup, but I cared not, for my wallet did cheer my heart by being less empty.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Forget GPUs worry about ssd storage, stalker 2 requires 180gb space

https://www.thegamer.com/stalker-2-180gb-xbox-microsoft-store/
This kind of stuff is only an issue to those who like dozens of games installed at once. I typically have a handful or there abouts and 1tb has never come close to being full :D

Good thing is SSD prices keep coming down. Can always get a relatively cheap nvme that can run most games just as fast and leave fastest nvme for latest games that might make use of the extra speed.

Agreed, AMD are not your friend. All these companies just want one thing and one thing only, your money. That's it.
Yeah, been saying this for a long time. This is why I have no loyalty to any of them. I buy what I fancy and what’s best for me my wallet. Simples :D

Caporegime
Forget GPUs worry about ssd storage, stalker 2 requires 180gb space

https://www.thegamer.com/stalker-2-180gb-xbox-microsoft-store/

UE5 FTW!

image.png

Associate
This kind of stuff is only an issue to those who like dozens of games installed at once. I typically have a handful or there abouts and 1tb has never come close to being full :D

:D

I think thats how most people work tend to only play 1-3 games myself and the kids play a few but none of them are large other than fifa

Soldato
The one company that literally doesn't even bother with their UK customers ahahah.

Yeah this has been an eye opener this time.

There's really no excuse for it. The AMD website was awful, and we're talking a tech giant. Then their distributor decided to boycott the UK - why would a billion dollar company accept this?

It makes no sense.

Nvidia also, their website/shop is bad too. At least they supplied the UK though, and pretty well as it turned out.

Back
Top Bottom