• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Graphcial glitches on new system.

Associate
As you can see from the video I'm getting these glitches. Also yesterday while playing BF my system completely locked and lost picture. I built it on Monday and played games since no issues at all till Wednesday evening these problems started.

In this video you can see the issue plus the FPS gets really bad. First days of playing I was getting 260 plus FPS. It goes down to 30 in this.
https://streamable.com/c7n4hj

263155889_281204177279751_1777606040093410792_n.jpg.c3512dcdf65cbf68d74f4b85985d3b6a.jpg

Samsung 980 PRO M.2 1 TB
Lian Li Strimer Plus 24-Pin
Lian Li Strimer Plus Triple 8-Pin
Lian Li UNI FAN SL120 RGB
ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A
NZXT Kraken Z73 320m
Lian Li O11Dynamic XL
G.Skill Trident Z Neo, DDR4-3600, CL16 - 64 GB Quad-Kit

Intel Core i9-12900K 3,20 GHz (Alder Lake-S) Sockel 1700

These parts are from my old pc

Corsair HX 850w platinum psu

MSI 3080ti suprim x.

Western digital 1tb m.2

6tb seagate

I'm running Windows 11 like I did on my old pc and I didn't have these issues at all. Again this only started yesterday evening. I also have the nvidia drivers updated.

Soldato
The latest Battlefield game? That's a broken mess so that's not exactly a good point of reference.
Does MSI afterburner work on W11? Interesting to see what the temps are doing and watching the core clocks. Slows downs like result from throttling because the something on the card was overheating.

I don't know about your PSU, was that recycled from your old computer? It could be under powered for a 12900K3080 Ti combination (PSU's do get worse as they get older).

Edit
Sorry I couldn't see you screenshot very well on my phone but now I can see you have MSI running (or some other monitoring tool, looks like FRAPS)

Watching that video I can see you temps drop by about 6 degrees just after the stutter at the start of the video (going from 72c to 66c). That's a sign something is overheating and the card is adjusting clocks sharply to save itself from cooking.

Tbh I would RMA it, there are fixes for some of these cards using thermal pads but you must have paid a kings ransom for that PC with that spec so don't waste time.

Last edited:
Associate
when you system locked on bf did all your usb devices also shutdown ie lights on mouse and keyboard all go out

or was it just a loop crash with black screen and sound ( thats a common one )

Back
Top Bottom