8) loaded game
9) tutorial
10) exit tutorial
11) CTD
12) tried the tutorial
13) cant look left or right only up & down
14) reset settings
15. Nothing
16) looked online steam forum has 4 pages of people not having horiznatal mouse control :(

Cant make this up!

Soldato
I was getting Direct X errors after the patch (the game was rock solid before it) but the latest Nvidia drivers seems to have sorted it so far but not play a whole lot to confirm it.

Soldato
Done 40 hours now and had very few issues crashing wise. I mean it makes a change from playing cod lol so enjoying it, something else to grind.

Caporegime
Awful hitreg tonight, I felt I was shooting people in the back with rubber bullets!

Oh and so much for patching hovercraft's and tanks spawning at the top or climbing the skyscrapers :rolleyes:

J.D

J.D

Soldato
fix is to delete your bf2042 folder in documents & then it works :/ but then you got redo your settings do that CRAP tutorial but worked for me now

I've not played BF2042 so I can't try this myself but it shouldn't be too hard to figure out how to save the progress on the tutorial and settings or, finding the problematic file itself to delete so you don't have to nuke the whole folder.

Soldato
I've not played BF2042 so I can't try this myself but it shouldn't be too hard to figure out how to save the progress on the tutorial and settings or, finding the problematic file itself to delete so you don't have to nuke the whole folder.

yeh i thought that too. i tried to delete each folder on its own, no dice, it appears to be multiple files that cause the issue in multiple folders, but the tutorial progression is saved in your settings file which is the file that you NEED to delete/modify.

unfortunately to add to this, the settings file variables are terribly named. & you have to read trough this kind of crap
FBCHUNKS p _]

reading he file through code analyser everything, everything is printed on one line with windows & Linux endings..
then you get this so useful!

V4eÁ u ParachuteAutoDeployAirSpawn 1 MinimapRotateWithView

J.D

J.D

Soldato
yeh i thought that too. i tried to delete each folder on its own, no dice, it appears to be multiple files that cause the issue in multiple folders, but the tutorial progression is saved in your settings file which is the file that you NEED to delete/modify.

unfortunately to add to this, the settings file variables are terribly named. & you have to read trough this kind of crap
FBCHUNKS p _]

reading he file through code analyser everything, everything is printed on one line with windows & Linux endings..
then you get this so useful!

V4eÁ u ParachuteAutoDeployAirSpawn 1 MinimapRotateWithView

Ah I see, not so easy afterall.

Hopefully with the bad response to the game, all these fixes come a lot quicker than what happened with BF4.

Soldato
What I really don't like is the fact there is so much kit available to screw any attempt at flanking, being sneaky and generally trying to out smart the other team. Sneak round the back for your squad to spawn on you....nope, you'll be spotted by beacons everywhere or your own team mate spawning and shooting where you stand. Find a clever route through all the mayhem?...doesn't matter.

Associate
To fix mouse left and right you don't need to delete whole folder, just delete lines that say ConceptYaw in them as someone suggested but it screws up Heli controls, can't turn left now with mouse in heli (I swopped roll with yaw), only right, deleted cache and rebound still broke.

AK with silencer and extended mag for me is better than M5 now, spray is easier to transfer being slower, better range and damage.

Back
Top Bottom