Mountain Biking

Caporegime
Surely you just need pockets with zips or put them in a bag.

Till they get ripped, or the zip fails, or you forget to zip your pockets up(which I do often) . If I'm riding with my bum bag, I'll clip them on but at bike parks/when the cars at the bottom of the hill I'll quite often ride without a pack.

Soldato
Got myself a new (old) full sus MTB, 2013 Orange 5 AM. Some of the groupset components have been replaced over the years for worse so looking to replace with a 1x set up.
Looking forward to getting out and down some trails! Have had a rubbish couple of years with my health and need to spend more time outside, there's only so much walking and gardening I can do!

Edit: any recommendations on a wide-narrow chainring?

Soldato
****, Stiniog closed today for snow. Hoping it stays off / melts by Saturday otherwise our day is off!

If it is closed, we're thinking about hitting Coed-y-Brenin for The Beast. Anyone done it? Didn't you mention it at Inners, @Hedge?

Soldato
****, Stiniog closed today for snow. Hoping it stays off / melts by Saturday otherwise our day is off!

If it is closed, we're thinking about hitting Coed-y-Brenin for The Beast. Anyone done it? Didn't you mention it at Inners, @Hedge?

I cant remember tbh, all I know is its been yeeeears since I rode in Wales but Coed-y-Brenin was great back then. Weather is likely to be a problem this month.

Soldato
You also have Penmachno, that's always open and one of my faves.

Yeah, we loved Gwydir, it was fantastic. But it's known to be wet if not the wettest in the UK, so I think we're gonna wait until the warmer weather next year.

The beast might be a bit too much, maybe Llandegla or one of the smaller loops at Coed-y-Brenin.

Soldato

Got the vid up of the day at Farmer Johns, was great fun and the weather was just right up until the end of the day when it got a tad windy and spitty.

Associate
Odd to see myself in a video, but nicely put together!

On an unrelated note, had the trail centre message me today that they've found some keys that match my lost ones... now whether they work after being outside for the last 10 days is another matter, but its something at least!

Soldato
Stiniog today, is it always so windy @SpudMaster?

40mph at the top and hailing at one point lol. Couldn't hit any jump really and still nearly blown off the trail a few times.

Mint place though, would like to do it when it's less windy :cry:

Soldato
Stiniog today, is it always so windy @SpudMaster?

40mph at the top and hailing at one point lol. Couldn't hit any jump really and still nearly blown off the trail a few times.

Mint place though, would like to do it when it's less windy :cry:

Never been there in 40mph winds thankfully! Been a few windy times in the past but the majority of times I've been the wind has been fine.

Atleast it wasn't cancelled :)

Soldato
Stiniog definitely on the list to do sometime soon looks like a laugh.

Ive been making a few changes to my 2013 lapierre zesty over the last few months to try and modernize things slightly. Set of 160 fox 36 grip 2s to replace the float 32s, a matching 140mm 2017 fox x2 to replace the float ctd shock, a longer 150mm pnw loam dropper to replace the old 100mm reverb stealth, and some offset bushings to try and slacken things out a little. Only had a few short rides at FOD but it feels pretty good so far.

Would love to upgrade to a yeti sb140 but the price of new bikes is insane at the moment so going to try and hold out for a year or two.

On the other hand ive struggled to get out much in the last few weeks, so I built myself a few features to practice on at home. Feel a bit like a kid again building ramps ha.

The kicker seems really good fun. Not had a chance to try it with the adjustable lip yet but flat it feels great. The drop, I totally underestimated everything and when I tried it I cleared pretty much all the down ramp and bottomed out on the flat, so a little adjustment needed! The dirt jump is great fun too just waiting for it to dry up so I can take a load more soil up and make it 2-3x the size.
20211124-144135.jpg

20211020-161725.jpg

20211003-135856.jpg

Its all pretty shonky but is providing decent entertainment!

Soldato
It was windy wasn't it?! :p Still looks like you had a good time though. That rock section on Black Powder isn't so bad tbh, just go straight down the middle and off the little drop. Looks worse at that top than it actually is :)

Aye I know mate. The right side looked way worse tbh. But I just didn't wanna chance it in the wind. We're gonna go back when it's less windy

Back
Top Bottom