Greenlizard0 PL & Championship Football Thread ** spoilers ** [3rd - 6th December 2021]

Caporegime
People still forgetting the AFCON I see. We're a very good team, collectively and individually, but losing Salah for over a month will cost us points and possibly the title.

Harsh on Wolves really, we were so sloppy in the final third that its questionable that we did enough for the 3 points, Wolves did enough to warrant a draw but thats a few matches now where Wolves seem toothless up front. They need some more prolific forwards if they are going to progress.
Nah, Jota should've scored two and they were lucky to nick the ball off Salah's foot on the line. We deserved the win and it should've been 3/4-0.

Don
**** me, that was painful. We had a lot of possession and enough chances to have won the game a bit easier but that was a lifeless performance from us. If Wolves were managed by Pulis or Fat Sam they'd get far more stick than they do because they are genuinely the most boring football side in my living memory. They deserved to lose that way for their embarrassing timewasting throughout the 2nd half.

Big Div proving once again that he's a ****ing hero. Loved the way he took his shirt of to reveal a "**** you @Mark1989" t-shirt!
City will win it. ACON will ruin it for Liverpools chances.
AFCON is likely to result in Salah and Mane missing just 2 PL games (vs Brentford and Palace). Although it will be harder without them, we should have enough to win those games.

Soldato
Finally a win, forget what that actually felt like, still going to be 4 points short of where we really needed to be by the send of December, we really needed to be on at least 14 points by January 1st to give us a hope of staying up

Don
People still forgetting the AFCON I see. We're a very good team, collectively and individually, but losing Salah for over a month will cost us points and possibly the title.
As above, they're likely to be able to face Chelsea and will then only miss Brentford and Palace. The rest of January is cup games.

Caporegime
**** me, that was painful. We had a lot of possession and enough chances to have won the game a bit easier but that was a lifeless performance from us. If Wolves were managed by Pulis or Fat Sam they'd get far more stick than they do because they are genuinely the most boring football side in my living memory. They deserved to lose that way for their embarrassing timewasting throughout the 2nd half.

Big Div proving once again that he's a ****ing hero. Loved the way he took his shirt of to reveal a "**** you @Mark1989" t-shirt!

AFCON is likely to result in Salah and Mane missing just 2 PL games (vs Brentford and Palace). Although it will be harder without them, we should have enough to win those games.

In fairness to Wolves, we were doing our best Burnley impression on Traore. Was really quite pathetic

(But yes very dull and very delighted with their time wasting. Hitting the advertising boards and walking back on the pitch to fall over again, awful.

Man of Honour
Given the strength of the top 3, it would take a brave man to call the title at this stage. All 3 teams will experience some issues along the way.

Don
In fairness to Wolves, we were doing our best Burnley impression on Traore. Was really quite pathetic

(But yes very dull and very delighted with their time wasting. Hitting the advertising boards and walking back on the pitch to fall over again, awful.
About time we done something like that. I've complained for years that we're the most naive side in Europe and our failure to use ****house tactics has cost us so many times in the past. All Wolves had was the hope of Traore isolating somebody on the break - I have no problem just taking him out and giving them a free-kick 50 yards from goal.

Caporegime
Given the strength of the top 3, it would take a brave man to call the title at this stage. All 3 teams will experience some issues along the way.

Chelsea will fall away. People have found out how to deal with 5AB Chelsea now. It will between City and Liverpool again. Depending if Liverpool can keep their first 11 fit I would put money on them but more than Likely City and their imba squad will prevail.

Caporegime
Liverpool are still miles away from 19/20 defensively and going to have more games like Brentford/West Ham where they get caught out if the forwards can't keep exceeding expected performance.

Chelsea have been relatively lucky to date in quite a few fixtures, also feels like teams don't treat them similarly to City/Liverpool at the moment.

City will have the odd wobble but I think they'll take it again, got players like Silva back to their best and obviously joke squad depth.

About time we done something like that. I've complained for years that we're the most naive side in Europe and our failure to use ****house tactics has cost us so many times in the past. All Wolves had was the hope of Traore isolating somebody on the break - I have no problem just taking him out and giving them a free-kick 50 yards from goal.

I don't mind doing it in certain ways but Thiago threw in a horrible one that was lucky he didn't catch Traore. Certainly agree we have been too naive at times, Thiago/Fabinho certainly not shy of avoiding that problem though lol

Soldato
FFS

Southampton 1-0 up with a few minutes left to play against 10 man Brighton. Excellent, may as well go and get a drink.

Come back to the PC and see it's finished 1-1.

Utterly garbage at holding a lead this team.

Sui

Sui

Soldato
FFS

Southampton 1-0 up with a few minutes left to play against 10 man Brighton. Excellent, may as well go and get a drink.

Come back to the PC and see it's finished 1-1.

Utterly garbage at holding a lead this team.

2nd game in a row that we’ve finished with 10men on the pitch because of injury, 2nd game in a row Maupay has got a last minute goal for a draw! Played West Ham off the pitch last week but couldn’t score for **** :)

I wish Origi hadn’t scored today, I want Potter to sign him :D

Soldato

Haha I was at work so I've not been able to watch today's game. I'll check our highlights later.

I did see Origi got the winner, I half expected some stick here due to stick I can give him ha.

From bbc live report appears mane had a shocker?

Soldato

Ohh the irony Baz. Talks about not using such tactics but in the same breath goes on about kicking our biggest threat off the park :rolleyes:

Ignore I hadn't had my morning coffee :cry:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom