LG 38GN950-B

Associate
Paired this monitor with an Asus TUF 3080Ti. Being plagued by the Display Port deep sleep issue.
I am the only one being bothered by it or there is a setting which disables this?

Associate
Can't say i've had this issue at all - connected via a RT3090 with DP cable.
thanks mate. Just a couple of questions if you have 1 minute to spare.
Do you have a second monitor or is this the only one?
And do you see any options under General, along the lines of Display Port Deep Sleep, or something like that.

I have a second monitor connected and once the monitors wake up from sleep, 38GN950 will take some extra time to wake up, and once it does, windows will do the sound that they detected new hardware, nvidia will produce a popup to notify that a new GSYNC monitor was detected, plus my icons and windows will be all over the place

Associate
thanks mate. Just a couple of questions if you have 1 minute to spare.
Do you have a second monitor or is this the only one?
And do you see any options under General, along the lines of Display Port Deep Sleep, or something like that.

I have a second monitor connected and once the monitors wake up from sleep, 38GN950 will take some extra time to wake up, and once it does, windows will do the sound that they detected new hardware, nvidia will produce a popup to notify that a new GSYNC monitor was detected, plus my icons and windows will be all over the place

I have another monitor connected (LG27GN950) via DP also. When my monitors go to sleep they wake up quickly but.... i have had the 27" do the same slow wake up! sometimes i needed to power cycle it to get it to come on! Although very few times, when i'm on the pc i have them go to sleep after 30mins and they seem to power on fine. In my settings on the 38" i have Automatic Standby set to 4hours.

Associate
Hi guys, just wondering do you ever switch off the monitor?
When I switich off my computer it just go to power saving mode or something (light off), and then when I start my computer again it switches back on (light on).

Associate
I have one issue which I want to fix. I connected USB cable to monitor. Next I connected to pc. After connecting I hear the sound and I don't have any errors in device manager. But LG software shows that cable is not connected. What shoud I do?

Associate
I'm not 100% sure but I don't replaced it and it worked before. I didn't change cable. This cable is a little bit short and it has almost the same length as the display cable. So I think it's original. There is a way to check it?

Associate
Hi Everyone!

I am really satisfied with the monitor's hardware, however I have a few issues with the firmware and contacted LG via their Facebook page as they have no other possibilities to contact them, except Twitter, however, they just deleted my comment/question. So, without further ado:

- It is not possible to fully turn off RGB. No dice. Even with all the options to turn off RGB enabled (in OSD and software) the RGB lights up for 5 seconds when the monitor wakes up, which is annoying as it lights up my entire room.

- Input ratio options (Full Wide, Original & Just Scan) do not work. The image is always stretched across the full screen no matter what input resolution is set or whatever option chosen, which looks horrendous (especially in BIOS/UEFI) and the Windows loading screen looks awful as well.

I paid premium for this model and did not expect such buggy firmware.

Back
Top Bottom