Doctor Who

Soldato
Not sure if it's me or not but I'm completely lost story wise, it started strong but I can't see any relation between this episode and the previous "chapters" continuity also seems completely out the window.

It's now at the point that I don't care anymore.

Last edited:
Soldato
This. Wouldn't be surprised if this happens in the last episode :

She makes a 'infinity Sonic Screwdriver' and suddenly six stones appear, in go said stones and one sonic blast later it will be like the flux never happened.
:p;)

Soldato
This. Wouldn't be surprised if this happens in the last episode :

She makes a 'infinity Sonic Screwdriver' and suddenly six stones appear, in go said stones and one sonic blast later it will be like the flux never happened.
:p;)

she steals the one ring and throws it into the volcano :)

plot is a little scatty but will explain a bit about the angels.

Soldato
https://deadline.com/2021/11/female...g-crime-claims-british-politician-1234880662/
“There seems to be a call from a tiny, but very vocal, minority that every male character or good role model must have a female replacement,” Fletcher continued. “In recent years we have seen Doctor Who, Ghostbusters, Luke Skywalker, The Equaliser, all replaced by women.”

I think he missed the point - yes doctor who was a moral male role model, but I think any kick-back is more associated with the reaction to a poor quality woke alternative/script,
had the acting been on point, no one would have cared (nikita, lucy lu, resident evil)

Soldato
Village of the Angels - fantastic episode!!

Buuuuuut, this has highlighted that JW is just a **** Doctor, she can't get away with the defence that it is the writing that is letting her down. She just doesn't have the presence, authority and knowledge of a being that is meant to be thousands of years old and has seen almost everything.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Replace amazing with awful and I'm with you, but so far I'm pretty much saying that for every episode as I just don't rate it at all. I keep watching in the hope it will improve but I've been disappointed every time so far.

I've finally stopped watching it and I don't miss it one bit. There is so much good TV these days that I would rather watch one of the dozens of good new shows every year or one of the hundreds I have missed over the years.

Thats whats so ironic about these old shows. They trade off people nostalgia and hope of a return to form whilst thumbing their nose at the core and historic fanbase.

Soldato
Not sure if it's me or not but I'm completely lost story wise, it started strong but I can't see any relation between this episode and the previous "chapters" continuity also seems completely out the window.

It's now at the point that I don't care anymore.

Just enjoy the drama, er, I mean the tension, don't try to think about the plot because I'm not sure there is one. Visually entertaining if nothing else and if you disengage your brain, which you should because its certainly not needed here.

Soldato
I think people are hating because it's cool to hate. Flux has been great so far.

Oodles of timey wimey stuff, harking back to the Doctors past, UNIT, Weeping Angels, companions are at a manageable level and no longer 'fam' but are actually useful. Thaddea Graham (Bel) is a little annoying, i can't really understand her, don't know if it's her accent or that she speaks quietly.

And JW, actually enjoying her playing the Doctor this series now.

Soldato
Why? Not salty at all, just an opinion.

There is so much good TV, why would people continue to watch something week after week that is supposedly so bad?

Constant threats of dumping the show, but the same people are still here :)

Much like the walking dead and discovery threads.

Soldato
The problem i'm having with Flux is its like they are trying to throw everything thats ever worked in the past at these episodes to try and make them good, its like some kind of "best hits of Doctor Who" montage.
Not working for me :(

Back
Top Bottom