*** Oculus Quest 2 Owners Thread ***

Associate
From the Oculus Store? Happy to @Etheco as you asked first, but all I can seem to do is search and refer current Facebook friends.

Yeh I think we would need to be fb friends temporary for you to send it, if you feel happy today that. If you want to trust me?

Same here please :)

If doodah doesn't refer you I can once I have it setup, would just need to be fb friends to send the referral.

Soldato
i use contact lenses in mine.
btw i am really short sighted so need contact lenses to get anythong out of vr... but long sighted folk i hear do have better luck in vr without correction.

another option could be a cheap pair of glasses... just get ones with the smallest frames and lenses that you can.

PS seeing as everyone else is shilling their referals... i also can refer anyone who wants £23 odf store credit

Soldato
Where the heck do i get my refereal link? I can only see the one in the mobile app but that only allows me to send it to a friend?

Edit: ah nvm i just sent it to a friend and copied it.

Anyone need a referral? :D

Last edited:
Permabanned
Does anyone have issues with tracking being lost occasionally? Sometimes i'll put it down for a few minutes, put it back on and the tracking is completely screwed, to the point of not being able to confirm the floor level correctly. Doesn't do it very often, but enough to be annoying.

Hmm interesting how different peoples opinions are on airlink vs vd, I myself have found airlink slightly better especially for oculus games!

I haven't tried VD, airlink is working fine for me. Not had a single issue with it once I upgraded my router.

Soldato
Does anyone have issues with tracking being lost occasionally? Sometimes i'll put it down for a few minutes, put it back on and the tracking is completely screwed, to the point of not being able to confirm the floor level correctly. Doesn't do it very often, but enough to be annoying.
It use to but the recent update seems to have fixed it for me. I use to get the same a lot but it never does it now.

I also read that if you change your surroundings too much it will make you to redo your boundaries.

Associate

I haven't tried VD, airlink is working fine for me. Not had a single issue with it once I upgraded my router.

Probably a bit obvious, but after I put off and on again I always use the "reset view" button and dont have any problems, maybe worth trying?

Permabanned
Probably a bit obvious, but after I put off and on again I always use the "reset view" button and don't have any problems, maybe worth trying?

No, that doesn't help.

I've even restarted the headset and after the restart I had the same problem, then later the issue magically disappears, it's weird.....

Might be lighting related I guess, maybe I need brighter lights. :eek:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom