Poll: Saudi Arabian Grand Prix 2021, Jeddah - Race 21

Rate the 2021 Saudi Arabian Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour

https://www.fiaformula2.com/Latest/CVKBVCge7HXWyGnSdaQ5n/statement-incident-during-fia-formula-2-feature-race-jeddah said:
Full statement:

The FIA advises that incident occurred during the FIA Formula 2 Feature Race start today, 05/12/21, in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, involving car #10, Théo Pourchaire, and car #14, Enzo Fittipaldi.

The drivers were immediately attended to by emergency and medical crews. The drivers were conscious and extricated by the attending medical crews. Both have been transferred by ambulance and helicopter to King Fahad Armed Forces Hospital, Jeddah.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Not much of a fan of F1 these days but I'm tempted to by a pass just to watch this race. Looks like it'll be complete carnage!
That's a pretty sick attitude really. I hope there's no carnage, at these speeds it could be deadly.

Soldato
Let’s examine his potential 8th place start…

[..]

The safe bet would be to take the penalty and guarantee a finish, because on paper those in front pose almost no challenge. A p3 finish at minimum isn’t bad considering there would be no doubts with a new gearbox.

Judging by all three F2 races you certainly wouldn't want to be starting in the middle of the pack here if you can avoid it.

You've got a valid point, but we'll only know after the race (actually only after Abu Dhabi, as he'll have to use this gearbox there too). If Verstappen started eighth then, assuming it's a straightforward race (big ask based on the F2 feature race cluster****) Hamilton would have had a points lead going to Abu Dhabi. From third they might be able to interfere with Hamilton's race if he can jump Bottas at some point.

I guess Red Bull have to have faith in the limited checks they can do at the track.

Soldato
This is going to be a complete lottery, could quite realistically see results anywhere from Max sealing the title to Lewis taking a substantial point lead to Abu Dhabi.

Soldato
FIA always talking about safety, then they take the money and race at a track that's obviously not fit for purpose due to how many accidents there are.

Man of Honour
Anyone else think Sir Frank would have hated the minutes silence? A minute's noisy engine revving and cheering a bit more his style.

Soldato
They’re still struggling to remove the cars. Bodes well doesn’t it. Money over common sense.

I don't understand why they don't have paid Marshalls rather than relying on volunteers. Money a bit too tight?

Yeah, I feel this could be a memorable race, for all the wrong reasons

Which should make it an interesting watch then, unless you are talking about serious injuries rather than just SC and red flags and controversy for non-serious things.

That's a pretty sick attitude really. I hope there's no carnage, at these speeds it could be deadly.

I don't know, that is what got me into F1 when I was kid around 10-11 years old. Loved seeing the pile ups at the start and drivers running back to get in the spare cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom