• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Can you reverse a PCIe cable to make build neater? HX1000 + 3090

Associate
Hi everyone. Just in middle of doing a build and could do with some quick help.

I have the HX1000 and a 3090 Suprim
The Suprim requires 3x connectors.
I will run 3 cables, however the ones in the box come with a daisy chain on them (that I won't want to use the daisy part)
Rather than having to tuck 3 of these away in my case could I; plug the main end into my GPU and one of the other ends (6pin plus daisy) back into my PSU.
I.e can the cable be reversed so that I can hide all the daisy's by the PSU? Or are they designed to only allow the current to flow one way?

Hope this makes sense and I can get a quick answer. Just seems silly to have to have so much mess near graphics card.
Also 12V or Multi for the switch on this PSU?

Associate
I don't think you can no.
I haven't tried but I'd expect the pin configuration will actually stop you plugging it in the other way round. Some have square pegs and others are chamfered. The pcie and PSU ends are very likely to not be the same on purpose.

Associate
OP
https://imgur.com/a/U2ovQQf
U2ovQQf
U2ovQQf

Thanks for the help people. I bought 2 extra Corsair PCIe cables as I had got the RM850X thinking I was going to buy a 3080TI, as that only came with 2 PCIe Cables.
Then in my madness, when I bought the 3090 I required 3 cables. I was going to send them back, but decided to open them up and they do look better (and thinner) than the ones that come with the PSU.

Need to decide if I can live with it not being the prettiest, or of to change out.
Saying that, after spending all day wiring it all up, I'm unsure if I fancy tackling all those wires again. Forgot how long they take to build.

I'm yet to switch it on, so fingers crossed it works and I ain't messed up somewhere.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
U2ovQQf
U2ovQQf

Thanks for the help people. I bought 2 extra Corsair PCIe cables as I had got the RM850X thinking I was going to buy a 3080TI, as that only came with 2 PCIe Cables.
Then in my madness, when I bought the 3090 I required 3 cables. I was going to send them back, but decided to open them up and they do look better (and thinner) than the ones that come with the PSU.

Need to decide if I can live with it not being the prettiest, or of to change out.
Saying that, after spending all day wiring it all up, I'm unsure if I fancy tackling all those wires again. Forgot how long they take to build.

I'm yet to switch it on, so fingers crossed it works and I ain't messed up somewhere.

Looking at Corsair website and the pipes go to the left. I have installed to the right. Does this matter? Going to be a headache to undo it again and flip due to fan wires

Associate
Why not get 3 of these pcie 180 degree connectors. Will make tidying much easier.. or maybe i'm not understanding what you are trying to achieve

UgYSK9M.png

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Why not get 3 of these pcie 180 degree connectors. Will make tidying much easier.. or maybe i'm not understanding what you are trying to achieve.

Thanks bud. Never seen those. Looks like a good idea to tody up. Spot on.
My only other thing I mentioned was the pipes from the AIO on the right hand side in my pic. Saw on Corsair website them hanging to the left.

Looking at photos online and people have them either way, so just going to stick with how it is, as don't want to start rewiring it all.

Anyways. Fresh copy of Windows 11 and many update, drivers etc to go. should be fun and thanks to everyone who has contributed to the thread

GPU_VGA_8Pin_6Pin_PCIE_U_Turn_180_Degree_Angle_Connector_Adapter_Board__04464_zoom.jpg

Associate
don't know muich about AIO (never used them) but i'm sure either way is fine. The main point of concern is to make sure the radiator inlet/outlets are not below pump level i believe which isn't in your case

Soldato
U2ovQQf
U2ovQQf

The two different cables in your pic is triggering my OCD lol. Get some nice sleeved extensions and have the cable combs train the cables for a better asthetic look?

Back
Top Bottom