Poll: Saudi Arabian Grand Prix 2021, Jeddah - Race 21

Rate the 2021 Saudi Arabian Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
When have we ever taken the stewards decisions as gospel? The level of inconsistency from them over the years has been comical, that’s in favour and also against most of the teams on the grid, this just highlights it more.

Who knows what they would have penalised him with if Lewis did just go past and he hit him as he went by.

I’m going to leave this here as we seem to have a massive difference in opinion.

Soldato
He literally had so much time to pass him and decided to do it last minute at which point he realised it was too late, there’s literally nothing more to say.
Too late for what exactly? Max was supposed to give the place back so he should get off the line, ease off in a safe manner and not do anything until the guy is past. Not sit in the middle of the track, ease off, then stamp on the brakes and swerve just as Lewis wants to go past. He's dangerous and needs to be penalised properly for it. As it stands now he can freely run Hamilton off the road in the next race and win the championship doing so. Utter shambles.

Man of Honour
Would the punishment have been the same had Hamilton broken a wheel I wonder. FIA have said previously they don’t consider the outcome, only the incident. Could have ended the championship right there with that braking. Maybe it crossed Verstappens mind…who can say.

Soldato
laughable - 10 second penalty for what is in effect Dangerous driving, along with a 5 second penalty for cutting the corner at turn1/2

So 15 seconds of "penalties" which in reality means absolutely nothing...

Penalties are by definition - "(in sports and games) a handicap imposed on a player or team for infringement of rules"

Exactly where is the handicap in this instance.....

Soldato
I just think anyone who tries to defend Max at this point either has an association or interest with RB or just hate Lewis. Mostly the latter.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I honestly think merc should pay bottas a nice bonus to be a torpedo and take max out next race.
"his parting gift"
Nah, that would let RB moan and moan and moan.

It would be more poetic if Max puts himself out with a silly error or a back markers gets involved.

I’d rather see Lewis and Merc beat them fair and square, especially with the last few races.

Associate
Judt watched the post race stuff, its obvious when Max has been a right #### because Horner is being very conciliatory about Lewis and trying to play down pure dirty driving yet again. Just embarrassing.

I can see it would be great for someone else in F1 to win , its like the end of the Schumacher era or the Rossi era in Motogp , but not like this.

Associate
So after all that there was a brake check :cry:

Lewis was probably playing a few little games too, but I think there was also a genuine element of confusion given the poor communication and how the races had been stop start with VSC every couple of minutes. Can't really excuses Max's actions either way though, it's just dangerous driving.

He needs reeling in at this point, sadly that's never going to happen with the team he has around him as they're desperate for him to win by any means. He began as an overly aggressive driver at times, but it's leaning more and more towards simply being a dirty driver at this stage, all the while being constantly encouraged and reinforced by the team blowing smoke up his arse as if he can do no wrong. He needs that Nikki Lauda type figure that Mercedes had to really challenge the driver's decision making and call them out on their ego and BS.

There's almost a sense of inevitability with him and Lewis at the moment, I can honestly see this ending up with a double DNF in the last race through some more shocking defending/overtaking and Max taking the championship.

On a side note, what a terrible circuit, it just seemed downright dangerous at times with zero room for error. The second red flag incident shows how bad these street circuits can be, especially one as fast as this. I normally enjoy a good Mazipin joke but I'm glad he's ok, those unsighted/zero reaction time type crashes really aren't fun to watch.

Transmission breaker
Don
The Dutch fans on twitter blowing up about a FIA bias when referring to the 10 seconds penalty. When what actually happened is that Max received two separate penalties that actually had no effect on the race outcome at all...
Massive facepalm...

Soldato
I just think anyone who tries to defend Max at this point either has an association or interest with RB or just hate Lewis. Mostly the latter.

No i dont even think pepple who hate ham are backing max, i thnk all that genuine hate ham for not his "appearance" wont be defending max at all.

But the ones who hate on ham because of his "appearance" will at all cost back anyone but hamilton regardless, unless its some other new driver with similar "appearance" as him

Associate
I'm not sure where to start with that race
I think Masi well and truly lost control ultimately - he should have spoke to Merc FIRST and advise what was happening, then break the news to Red Bull.

Hamilton would have done Max in the end just on tyre life.
As a Grand Prix, that was utter nonsense to put it politely....

Further my 2 cents for *that* incident: Max brake-tested him.
Let him past yes but didn't have to do so immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom