Poll: Saudi Arabian Grand Prix 2021, Jeddah - Race 21

Rate the 2021 Saudi Arabian Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Just watched the highlights on channel 4. Awesome race! So many crashes, so much confusion, and just great that Lewis finally ended up overtaking Max and winning it, especially with a damaged front wing. Funny how Max left the podium early without celebrating.

Soldato
2.4g braking force is massive. I didn't realise it was that bad. That is not a gradual slowdown.

What was Verstappen trying to achieve?

Surely the stewards should ask that question. Hamilton was truly lucky in that case he didn't completely lose his front wing.

Soldato
2.4g braking force is massive. I didn't realise it was that bad.

Surely the stewards should ask that question.

Verstappen wanted to take Hamilton, or both himself and Hamilton, out of the race so he could go to the last track with a significant points lead that meant he didn't have to finish any higher than fifth or sixth place to win the title, irrespective of where Hamilton finished.

Soldato
Max is a dirty **** without a shred of sportsmanship in his body. I hope he never wins another race throughout his career because he doesn’t deserve it.

I have to say I'm on board with this drastic statement - Max is gaming the system, he can't quite take Lewis on the track so is doing stupid **** like 2.4g breaking when he shouldn't do.

Lewis deserves this championship by simply being the more sporting driver.

Soldato
He was trying to let Lewis past in the way that worked best for him. That's all. It was dangerous because Max's judgement is dreadful most because he was trying to cause an accident.

He slammed on his brakes with Hamilton behind to let him by?

Dunno, I don't think he had any intention at that point of letting Hamilton by, once he realised Hamilton was gonna have the run on him with DRS.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

2.4g braking force is massive. I didn't realise it was that bad. That is not a gradual slowdown.

Surely the stewards should ask that question. Hamilton was truly lucky in that case he didn't completely lose his front wing.
He wanted to end both their race, but failed.

I was hoping that Lewis would go in to the final race ahead on points to prevent any shenanigans but I guess everyone can see Max for what he is… someone that’ll put you out of the race if it means you don’t beat him.

Soldato

My take on that is that Hamilton is not attempting to make the pass. He very suspicious of Max's "tactics" knowing he can't risk a DNF, with Max having an 8 point lead. At that point he doesn't know that Max is trying to hand the place back as he hasn't got the message.

In essence he's racing Max as if he's a petulant teenager in a Forza Motorsport lobby. That speaks volumes.

Soldato
Not the first time Max has taken the car behind out.

watch

Soldato
Verstappen wanted to take Hamilton, or both himself and Hamilton, out of the race so he could go to the last track with a significant points lead that meant he didn't have to finish any higher than fifth or sixth place to win the title, irrespective of where Hamilton finished.
There's no way he'd expect to get away with that kind of thing. Most likely would be disqualification. With all the data these days, super hard to get away with intentionally causing an accident.

Associate

Max knew Hamilton was faster and had better tyres, when he was right behind I think he saw an opportunity to try and take Hamilton out of the race, which would have meant he only needed P2 in the last race to guarantee the championship. Penalty was comically lenient but unfortunately not surprising.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom