Poll: Saudi Arabian Grand Prix 2021, Jeddah - Race 21

Rate the 2021 Saudi Arabian Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
But the ones who hate on ham because of his "appearance" will at all cost back anyone but hamilton regardless, unless its some other new driver with similar "appearance" as him

I hear this argument far, far more than I ever see it. I'm not doubting a small minority hold racist views in 2021 but reading the same thing if you dislike Lewis you must be x/y or z is ridiculous.

Lewis will go down as one of the greatest drivers ever, but people can also dislike or disagree with him for a lot of (constructive & reasonable) reasons.

Soldato
Max was dangerous today... Pushing to the limits again with track limits, but the "letting by" incident was stupid. He slowed down and was weaving... if you want to let someone past you pull clearly to one side. On the subsequent "let by" I thought you had to give back for at least one corner?

But yeah, very messy and the racing limits I find very confusing... Driver on the inside has the racing line / you cant crowd a car off the track... These two rules can't both be in place. I think the latter should be the only rule so get yourself more than half a car length inside or out you then have the right to stay on the track and must give room on outside or inside.

Soldato
There's no way he'd expect to get away with that kind of thing. Most likely would be disqualification. With all the data these days, super hard to get away with intentionally causing an accident.

He gets away with this kind of **** almost every race. How did he get punished for doing a high speed brake test (one of the most dangerous things you can do on a race track) this race? A ten second penalty added to the end of his race that made no material difference to anything, and shows Max that he can get away with this kind of cheating behaviour and suffer no consequences.

Everyone knows what he did, Max even admitted to it, he was found at fault by the stewards with the telemetry, and his punishment was a joke that did nothing. Max doesn't care about getting caught, because he gets no punishment anyway.

Soldato
I was going through all the stuff Helmut Marko has been saying in the past 6 months. I'm not surprised Verstappen thinks he should win at all costs.

Soldato
He gets away with this kind of **** almost every race. How did he get punished for doing a high speed brake test (one of the most dangerous things you can do on a race track) this race? A ten second penalty added to the end of his race that made no material difference to anything, and shows Max that he can get away with this kind of cheating behaviour and suffer no consequences.

Everyone knows what he did, Max even admitted to it, he was found at fault by the stewards with the telemetry, and his punishment was a joke that did nothing. Max doesn't care about getting caught, because he gets no punishment anyway.

I think he braked to avoid being the first past the DRS line but made a stupid decision to force Lewis further to the left to make the final turn more difficult for him. I don't think for one second Max intentionally set out to ruin both of their races, but I think Max needs to seriously think about his driving method once this season is over or he's going to end up in a lot more trouble for his reckless driving.

We're too quick to harp back to Senna and Prost, Schumacher & Hill/Villeneuve and imply these things are done with intent to end races.

Max can be dangerous but he isn't driving with intent to endanger others.

Soldato
He has gone from being too aggressive earlier in the season to being just desperate and dangerous.

Watched the CH4 coverage, in all honesty I don't think they should have anyone commentating with ties into a competing team. DC was terrible and kind of just went quiet after awhile like he had been told to wind his neck in off mic or something.

Man of Honour
Looking at the table I see it is tied on points but Verstappen has more wins. Presumably all he needs to do is a Schumacher-Hill and clean Lewis out in the final race to win the championship.

Soldato
Hamilton is the better driver but Verstappen wants to win at any cost, so much so he's prepared to take stupid risks and potentially endanger lives. Its a scrap in his eyes and he's prepared to gouge the other guys eyes out, metaphorically speaking. Not cool.

Soldato
Nah, that would let RB moan and moan and moan.

It would be more poetic if Max puts himself out with a silly error or a back markers gets involved.

I’d rather see Lewis and Merc beat them fair and square, especially with the last few races.

What would be perfect for me would be a botched pitstop/loose wheel nut. Just to see the Verstappen vs Redbull fallout. Imagine him losing the title due to a Redbull mistake.... :o:cry:

Associate
Max was dangerous today... Pushing to the limits again with track limits, but the "letting by" incident was stupid. He slowed down and was weaving... if you want to let someone past you pull clearly to one side. On the subsequent "let by" I thought you had to give back for at least one corner?

But yeah, very messy and the racing limits I find very confusing... Driver on the inside has the racing line / you cant crowd a car off the track... These two rules can't both be in place. I think the latter should be the only rule so get yourself more than half a car length inside or out you then have the right to stay on the track and must give room on outside or inside.

Aye if your going to slow down you do not do that on the racing line, doing so is dangerous.

Caporegime
Just watched the race. What a race. I love not caring who wins the WDC.
What sets this finale up so importantly is that max is down on pace vs Lewis bit could win with a torpedo move!

10/10.i almost docked a point for damn bottas beating Ocon on the line. But still 10!

Man of Honour
2.4G is a significant amount of force; certainly not what would normally be used to ease off and let another car past.
I'm not saying Verstappen is a cheat - only he knows if that was his intention - but his actions cannot be considered as safe, rational or "normal" for an F1 driver.

What concerns me is that the penalties applied are inconsequential. A penalty is designed to impact the result, thereby discouraging the behaviour. The penalties yesterday don't do either of those things, which could be seen as a worrying precedent.

I rated the race 1. Not to do with the result, or the excitement levels, but due to the way it was run by the Race Director and Stewards.
Mid race bargaining with the race director, poor application of the sporting rules, poor appropriation of penalties, excessive use of VSC all add up to a poor experience.

Of course, none of this "he cheated" stuff is new (Senna/Prost, Schumacher/Hill, Schumacher/Villeneuve etc)

It certainly sets up the end of the championship, doesn't it?
The two contenders starting on almost exactly equally terms; if you were the event organiser then you couldn't write a better script for the finale.

Soldato
10 seconds added on for break testing on a fast straight.

Well we have to punish him as it is a very serious thing he did, however we can't effect his race result or drop him a few places on the grid for next race...

What a joke

Caporegime
People have to understand there are standard penalties for various incidents.

Stewards cannot vary the penalty in different situations because, for instance, the guy in third is so far behind because they just cannot keep pace with the front two.

Ten seconds for that incident is the most that can be applied under the rules.

Stewards cannot suddenly decide to change it to 35 seconds or 47 seconds, or whatever the gap to the next person is.

Have seen it many times in the past when a driver is given a 5 second penalty early in the race, and they then spend rest of the race making sure they are more than 5 seconds ahead of guy behind before the end, so the penalty makes no difference.

Soldato
Max races like I do on my racing sim on my computer, damage off and bump everyone off the track, until I’m in first place, the difference is peoples lives aren’t in danger when I do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom