Poll: Saudi Arabian Grand Prix 2021, Jeddah - Race 21

Rate the 2021 Saudi Arabian Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Max is going to really hurt someone, I have no doubt if he gets half a chance he will take out Hamilton on Sunday
He won’t be the first or the last to deliberately take out a title rival to secure the championship so I would expect it at the next race it is his best chance of winning looking at the recent performance of car and drivers.

His attitude and performances this year have been pretty shocking more so the lack of real sanctions from the officials and his team to discourage such stupidity.

Soldato
People have to understand there are standard penalties for various incidents.

Stewards cannot vary the penalty in different situations because, for instance, the guy in third is so far behind because they just cannot keep pace with the front two.

Ten seconds for that incident is the most that can be applied under the rules.

Stewards cannot suddenly decide to change it to 35 seconds or 47 seconds, or whatever the gap to the next person is.

Have seen it many times in the past when a driver is given a 5 second penalty early in the race, and they then spend rest of the race making sure they are more than 5 seconds ahead of guy behind before the end, so the penalty makes no difference.[/QUO

Stewards cannot vary the penalty in different situations because, for instance, the guy in third is so far behind because they just cannot keep pace with the front two.

Stewards cannot suddenly decide to change it to 35 seconds or 47 seconds, or whatever the gap to the next person is.

Have seen it many times in the past when a driver is given a 5 second penalty early in the race, and they then spend rest of the race making sure they are more than 5 seconds ahead of guy behind before the end, so the penalty makes no difference.

Curious if you could link the part which states break testing carries a maximum 10 second penalty ?

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Di Resta is such a terrible pundit.

Presented with concrete evidence that Max braked, sped up and braked again but no… Lewis is at fault.

What a joker.

Man of Honour

Presented with concrete evidence that Max braked, sped up and braked again but no… Lewis is at fault.

What a joker.

To blame Hamilton for that one was just bizzare. It was clear as day what Max was playing at.

How on earth did Hamilton’s wing survive Ocon’s wheel on it and running into Max’s rear tyre.

Soldato
[

What a joker.
They were both playing chicken with the DRS zone so yeh they are both at fault just Max was messing around more. Its hilarious that some people here think that what Lewis was doing was totally acceptable as if in any other race or any other part of the track he wouldn't have been past him in an instant.

Enough of the games really its obvious they are both well and truly in each other heads and that the title fight coming down like this has made both teams behave poorly.

Soldato
There needs to be some rule changes next season to avoid this mess. Scrap the free tyre change during a red flag and introduce something where if you're told to yield a position, you can't overtake for (x) corners/laps, or the car told to yield must leave a minimum time gap before racing again.

Associate

loads of other penalty’s could have been applied. Personally I would have been happy with a grid penalty for the next race.

it’s clear nobody want to interfere with the result. verstappen Isn’t even bothering to try and keep it on the track now when challenged.

I think it’s clear that if he doesn’t put it on poll next week and race off into the sunset then he is going to just take Lewis out when challenged for a position.

Soldato
The FIA need to take a long, hard look at the rules over the winter and have effective penalties for any driving that’s likely to cause a serious accident.

In the meantime, Verstappen and Horner need to be marched into the Race Director’s office next Friday morning and read the Riot Act. Wheel to wheel contact in the corners is one thing, but we can’t have brake checking at high speed.

Soldato
I'm surprised nothing was done about veretappen eventually yielding the lead than taking it straight back.

I can't remember but I think ham got 25 seconds time penalty for that on kimi, equivalent of a drive through.

Edit* just checked, it was for cutting the chicane and gaining an advantage. Verstappen did that twice.

Soldato
I'm surprised nothing was done about veretappen eventually yielding the lead than taking it straight back.

I can't remember but I think ham got 25 seconds time penalty for that on kimi, equivalent of a drive through.

Edit* just checked, it was for cutting the chicane and gaining an advantage. Verstappen did that twice.

Hamilton got hit with a 20second plus penalty in 08 i believe for giving a place back then overtaking straight away afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom