Poll: Saudi Arabian Grand Prix 2021, Jeddah - Race 21

Rate the 2021 Saudi Arabian Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
The problem is that Max isn't his own worst enemy.

What would have happened yesterday if Max didn't act like a massive ****? Lewis would have won the race at a trot and Max would probably have come second. What did happen? Max nearly ended Hamiltons race a few times and would have probably won the championship as a result. He came second, Hamilton first, so same outcome as if he raced fairly and he was honestly unlucky not to ruin Hamiltons race.

Thats the problem with the lack of punishment. Max knows what hes doing and its gaining him an advantage time after time. It allows him to defend from indefensible positions on the track. It allows him to potentially take out a rival in the title race or ruin his race. Its not without risk to his own race but on the balance of things he is making the right decisions to stack the odds in his favour. Its just a shame its straight up cheating.

Max' default defence now is to guard the inside line and then "wander" to the outside running rival off track (and usually doing same himself). That's not racing, that's dirty and dangerous.

Man of Honour
Only allowed if breaching certain articles in the sporting regs not any and all articles.

The article in the regs Max was actually sanctioned for breaching, is a, standard 10 second penalty.

Please stop.

The regs state:

d) Repetition of serious mistakes or the appearance of a lack of control over the car (such as leaving the track) will be reported to the Stewards and may entail the imposition of penalties up to and including the disqualification of any driver concerned.

Permabanned
Down to Max's own actions ie "move out the way or I'll crash into you". Law of averages says that driving like that will occasionally leave Max worse off, yet it's always everyone else's fault (according to Max and Horner).

Right, so Max is now responsible for Hamilton's driving as well as his own.... That's convenient.

There are some places where Mercedes should have done better (notably Baku), but it's always the Hamilton car that's faster, rarely Bottas, so it's not just the car. This year's Mercedes is a lot fussier. When they make it work, it's great, when it doesn't work, it has to be dragged around the track by Hamilton. It's faster when it's in the zone, but much harder to get there, hence Mercedes struggling more this year to get the points. Also the Red Bull and it's engine is significantly better than it's been for the last few years.

If your trying to use Bottas to make Hamilton look good then you're failing. He's rubbish. :D

Honestly, this is nothing more than the delusions of most Hamilton fans who still believe it's Hamilton dragging around an inferior car

Associate
When Max handed the place back the second time, why was nothing made of him using DRS to immediately repass Lewis?

After Spa 2008 I thought you couldn't gain an advantage from giving the place back (slip stream/DRS)
Waiting two corners seems to be in my head but I could be wrong!
It was like everyone knew it was coming so it kind of got overlooked.

The race itself was a total mess, I also hate how the teams go running to masi they sound like spoilt kids!

Caporegime
That's disingenuous. The red flag means Max didn't have the chance to voluntarily hand the place back to avoid it being sent to the stewards.

Um, he should have done it immediately. Watch how Bottas went wide against Ocon on the last lap on that corner and immediately let Ocon back past.

If you cut a corner, you could just give the position back straight away. Max just went off the track, came back and pushed Lewis off his line even more and then continued onwards in 1st.

Soldato
When Max handed the place back the second time, why was nothing made of him using DRS to immediately repass Lewis?

After Spa 2008 I thought you couldn't gain an advantage from giving the place back (slip stream/DRS)
Waiting two corners seems to be in my head but I could be wrong!
It was like everyone knew it was coming so it kind of got overlooked.

He would have been. I guess they happened too quickly to actually have time to investigate, but ultimately they gave him a 5 second penalty anyway.

Honestly, this is nothing more than the delusions of most Hamilton fans who still believe it's Hamilton dragging around an inferior car
I think it's been pretty obvious since the first race that this was going to be a titanic season and they're clearly both spurring on each other to drive better and better as the races go on. If you can't see that then I feel sorry for you. They're both driving beautifully (when they're not playing games).

Permabanned
Ah, a new Troll. Hi!

Why is pointing out that Mercedes have the overall faster car this season so controversial, or " trolling"
It's clear Mercedes are having no trouble catching RBR and passing them.... :)

I don't get it, seems obvious at this point, I just hope RBR is somewhat competitive in the final race so it's entertaining at least.

Caporegime
In Ted's notebook he said that he would use a Martin Brundle quote to sum up the weekend in a sentence...
"Max doesn't like to yield does he?!"

:)

It isnt just not yielding though. Its just braking too late knowing he won't make the corner so he can stay ahead.

That's just cheating.

Soldato
Right, so Max is now responsible for Hamilton's driving as well as his own.... That's convenient.

When you deliberately crash into another car and then claim it's the fault of the other driver for not getting out of the way, then yes, you are responsible.

If your trying to use Bottas to make Hamilton look good then you're failing. He's rubbish. :D

When even the Max fans are saying he's a dangerous driver who cheats, you know you're the delusional one. You might even be Horner levels of delusion.

Permabanned
When you deliberately crash into another car and then claim it's the fault of the other driver for not getting out of the way, then yes, you are responsible.

When even the Max fans are saying he's a dangerous driver who cheats, you know you're the delusional one. You might even be Horner levels of delusion.

Why are you so upset? Because I pointed out Hamilton was warned about his driving? It happened, he's not perfect. He's been very aggressive himself over the years, just not lately thanks to Mercedes dominance.

Max has been very aggressive, no doubt about that but they have no choice. They don't have the pace to catch Mercedes, once they lose track position it's basally game over.

Soldato
Why are you so upset? Because I pointed out Hamilton was warned about his driving? It happened, he's not perfect. He's been very aggressive himself over the years, not not lately thanks to Mercedes dominance.

Max has been very aggressive, no doubt about that but they have no choice. They don't have the pace to catch Mercedes, once they lose track position it's basally game over.

What makes you think I'm upset? I'm just correcting your factual inaccuracies.

Man of Honour
Im so pleased they’ve recently started playing the FIA radio. It’s made them sound even more inept. We’d have missed such gems like:

There are too many buttons, stop shouting at me :p

and

would you mind moving you’re grid spot, if that’s ok with you? :p

Soldato
This… can you imagine Max having a teammate as good as Rosberg in a dominant car.

I know sometimes it ended in tears between Hamilton and Rosberg but, more often than not they knew they needed to maximise points against each other.

It ended in tear between Max and Sainz and Max and DR

Anyone else noticed Alonso pitted for softs on lap 44, hoping to get fastest lap? Those 2007 demons still run deep :p

Probably in your head more than FA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom