Poll: Saudi Arabian Grand Prix 2021, Jeddah - Race 21

Rate the 2021 Saudi Arabian Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
On a separate subject...why was Bottas so slow/why did it take him so long to pass Ocon?

If Bottas pulled his finger out, then Max's penalties might have meant something. How can he be slow incredibly slow in the race compared to Lewis all the time?

Caporegime
On a separate subject...why was Bottas so slow/why did it take him so long to pass Ocon?

If Bottas pulled his finger out, then Max's penalties might have meant something. How can he be slow incredibly slow in the race compared to Lewis all the time?

Try working in a place that doesn't want you anymore. It is hardly good for the moral in the mind. He is just cruising because he knows he will never be able to win unless Lewis DNF. It will be better for him when he gets to join a new team.

Soldato

Bottas has been known to pull his finger out on a Saturday, on a Sunday, not so much.

Caporegime
Try working in a place that doesn't want you anymore. It is hardly good for the moral in the mind. He is just cruising because he knows he will never be able to win unless Lewis DNF. It will be better for him when he gets to join a new team.

I find it hard to believe these guys feel that way. Why would he not really go for second?

If your hypothesis is true, why did he bother getting Ocon at the last moment?

I highly doubt he is just intentionally making himself look dog slow compared to Lewis because he can't be bothered. These guys don't operate that way.

Permabanned
This is some pretty low tier bait posting it has to be said, at least refer to particular incidents if you genuinely want some sort of discussion on the topic

If it was the case Hamilton was forced into an error then they wouldn't have warned him about his driving at all as it would be unavoidable, but they did.

Soldato
Why is pointing out that Mercedes have the overall faster car this season so controversial, or " trolling"
It's clear Mercedes are having no trouble catching RBR and passing them.... :)

I don't get it, seems obvious at this point, I just hope RBR is somewhat competitive in the final race so it's entertaining at least.

You didn't do anything of the sort. You took a swipe at Hamilton's driving standards off then slagged Bottas off. Obviously baiting, so I'm calling it out.

Back under your bridge with you.

Soldato
Be was cited for article 'e' NOT 'd', therefore DQ is not a possdible penalty.

Please read the full sporting regs.

Nope. Try again.

Maybe one of you could just post what the available punishments are for "Breach of Article 2 (e) Chapter IV Appendix L of the FIA International Sporting Code." and put the argument to bed.

Otherwise it feels like this 'you read it', 'no you read it' spat could go on for quite a while :p

Soldato

Because he is exactly the opposite of Max. Safe, predictable and moves out of Lewis's way. Ultimately, thoroughly boring to watch.

Permabanned
You didn't do anything of the sort. You took a swipe at Hamilton's driving standards off then slagged Bottas off. Obviously baiting, so I'm calling it out.

Back under your bridge with you.

Bottas fan are you? It's his last season at Mercedes for a reason.

Hamilton was warned for his driving standards, fact. Sorry, but again how is pointing out that Hamilton isn't blameless "baiting"?

Really doesn't take much, does it? :cry:

Man of Honour
Maybe one of you could just post what the available punishments are for "Breach of Article 2 (e) Chapter IV Appendix L of the FIA International Sporting Code." and put the argument to bed.

Otherwise it feels like this 'you read it', 'no you read it' spat could go on for quite a while :p

e) It is not permitted to drive any car unnecessarily slowly, erratically or in a manner deemed potentially dangerous to other drivers at any time.

No mention of a maximum 10s penalty there either..

Soldato
e) It is not permitted to drive any car unnecessarily slowly, erratically or in a manner deemed potentially dangerous to other drivers at any time.

No mention of a maximum 10s penalty there either..

Is there any history or precedence of other punishments dished out for this particular article that you know of? I can't see anything obvious on Google which would back up the Stewards assertion that 10 seconds is the standard penalty for 'this type of incident', it seems hard to find much/anything that has been dealt with under the same article.

Transmission breaker
Don
Bottas fan are you? It's his last season at Mercedes for a reason.

Hamilton was warned for his driving standards, fact. Sorry, but again how is pointing out that Hamilton isn't blameless "baiting"?

Really doesn't take much, does it? :cry:

He was not official warned though? He was told it was "borderline" over the radio which is laughable given the situation, and choice of words.

Borderline is legal, just right on the edge.. Which means he was not breaking any rules..

Soldato
Sure we can clutch our pearls and say Max would never risk a DQ but he did brake check, he admitted to it, the telemetry shows it, and still he got no material punishment. It didn't quite work because Hamilton got away without losing his wing, but there's no doubt that Verstappen deliberatly did it to try and crash Hamilton out of the race and WDC.

Max never said he “break tested” him. He braked to avoid the DRS line because he would have given Lewis DRS plus the lead had he not applied the brakes the way he did. He deserved the penalty but it was the minimum penalty he could receive and tbh given how much drama and accusations had been going from both teams it’s probably for the best.

I’m sorry this upsets you but trying to force your opinion onto me/others because you strongly feel this way about something is absurd. Unless you can prove without reasonable doubt Max with intent set out to crash into another driver for personal gain I’m never going to believe that, on the other hand I can’t prove my opinion on this and you’re free to disagree with my take too. That said before someone considers bringing up and 80s and 90s events they were clearly deliberate and very different.

Man of Honour
Is there any history or precedence of other punishments dished out for this particular article that you know of? I can't see anything obvious on Google which would back up the Stewards assertion that 10 seconds is the standard penalty for 'this type of incident', it seems hard to find much/anything that has been dealt with under the same article.

Montoya way back in his McLaren days got thrown out of qualifying for something similar, and had to start from the back of the grid. More recent than that? Nothing that I can think of as it is seriously frowned upon in all forms of motorsport (except possibly BTCC... ;))

Man of Honour
He was not official warned though? He was told it was "borderline" over the radio which is laughable given the situation, and choice of words.

Borderline is legal, just right on the edge.. Which means he was not breaking any rules..

It was comical given that Imola, Spain and Brazil were absolutely fine according to him. :rolleyes:

Permabanned

True, but it was still a warning though, so not totally blameless.

No & no. Get back under your bridge before making a bigger fool of yourself.

Ha, very amusing. Can't force your opinion onto me so now you try and insult me. How dare I not agree with you...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom