Pokemon Go

Associate
Surprised people are still playing this game
To be honest I don't play it in the same way I used to at all. I used to play it a lot, seeking every opportunity to play rather obsessively. Now it's more a case of playing when I'm on the bus or the train to spin stops and doing remote raids from my house. Not really the way the game was originally intended to be played at all lol. I think adventure sync helps a lot because it tracks all my movement without playing the game so I can still hatch eggs and get walking distance candies etc.

Associate
How do the raids work now? I recall in the past it was just battling the spot to get your pokemon ontop which usually lasted about 2 mins on a busy spot.
Now you have remote raid passes which you get once a week. Easiest way I find is to use a relevent discord/facebook channel and then you can battle in a raid together with people from around the world. I hated the older style because my area is very dead for players, mostly just full of bots. So I never managed to do the 5* raids before because I was always alone or with one other player.

Soldato
You can also buy remote passes, 3 for 250 coins. They're not worth spending real money on but if you get your 50 coins per day from gyms, it's reasonable.

Speaking of gyms, now it's just a case of once someone takes a gym, it can hold up to 6 defenders from 6 accounts. The strength of the defending mons decays over time with higher CP mons decaying faster. The decay stops at around ~20% CP remaining. Fighting the gym removes about 1/3 of their strength for each victory. Once they fall below ~20% strength they are knocked out rewarding the defending trainer with 1 coin per 10 minutes of defend time up to a maximum of 50 coins in a day. Defenders can top up the strength of their mons by feeding berries.

Back
Top Bottom