Foundation - TV Series (2021)

SPG

SPG

Soldato
I am really enjoying it however the huntress bow and arrow lady is really out of place. No one is angry with a bow and arrow..... No one.

Sgarrista
Commissario
Not a strong finish to the series. Trying to wrap up so much / move the plot on across so many storylines felt like all of it got neglected.

The strongest arc certainly seems to be the Cleons.

And without wanting to sound like a raging racist, it seems nearly every young black female actor in the shows I currently watch are absolutely appalling, and end up playing some emotionally damaged character with exceptionally poor acting skills that really start to grate with the disparity when the other actors in the show get into their stride. Hell even Dawns actor who must be <10 years old portrays his role as a young Cleon better than these 2.

The thought of watching scenes in season 2 with both gaal and savlor as the main two characters is utterly unappealing unless they take some acting lessons in between and really sell the characters.

Caporegime
And without wanting to sound like a raging racist
Racist :p

it's like the token black guy in movies of the 90s and 00s

Back when we were all racist and actors like Whoopi Goldberg, Denzel Washington, Wesley Snipes, Laurence Fishbourne, Forest Whitaker, Morgan Freeman, Danny Glover etc didn't exist

strangely there were probably more "big" black actors starring in movies back then than I could name now.....

where's all the mexicans and latinos? is america racist against them? :p shouldn't there be a few of them in everything by now

are the cleons just white supremacists ?

Last edited:

D3K

D3K

Soldato
Just came across information that the books had no clone cleons... so the best bit of this mediocre show wasn't even written by asimov

Soldato
I got through four episodes, watched the first two, promising, 3rd ep - fell asleep. 4th ep - fell asleep. The next time I'm struggling to drop off I have a go to show.

Soldato
Just came across information that the books had no clone cleons... so the best bit of this mediocre show wasn't even written by asimov

It’s a big story arc told over multiple books with multiple characters over multiple centuries. The show is loosely (by the finest of threads) following the basic outline of the series and using plot devices - like the Cleons - to keep the cast much smaller. GoT started off great and then spiralled downhill once they began to and eventually ran out completely of book material to draw from. Foundation has the book material from start to finish, but it’s largely been discarded from the get-go and unfortunately what they’ve come up with in it’s stead is pretty ropey.

Just the latest Hollywood butchering of Asimov’s (grand in scope/scale but often dry to read) work unfortunately.

Caporegime
That ending to ep 10 was quiet possibly the most contrived and most BS of pretty much anything I've ever watched..
As for the other plot lines? Just why? Who cares? They are so drawn out now....
If this manages to make 8 series ill eat my robotic skinsuit.....
Don't forget we moved on 140 odd years now.... EVRYONE is dead... entire cast dead now....

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Just caught up, that garden scene was absolutely brutal absolutely chilling.

Stunning performance and story.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Yeah nothing like the books but it's it own story I enjoyed the books many years ago so it's a nice spin on them.

Soldato
I enjoyed the series overall. The whole thing has hung on the Cleons plotline. The Foundation and Gayal and Harding plotlines have been a mixed bag. Far too many conveniences in the writing which breaks immersion.

Back
Top Bottom