Poll: Saudi Arabian Grand Prix 2021, Jeddah - Race 21

Rate the 2021 Saudi Arabian Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Question: In situations where the red flag is shown, the race order should be determine from the last full completed lap.

So why was Ocon put on pole? They didn’t complete a full racing lap after the standing start.

So that Horner wouldn't bitch about Max being put behind Hamilton.

Soldato
I love angry Hamilton, he channels it entirely into pace.
When he gets fired up he turns into a different driver, he turns himself up to 11, it sure is impressive to watch.

Whats great was seeing how much this win meant to the team, I havnt seen them that fired up for a race win in a long time. The release and emotion that you saw see on camera when Lewis crossed the line then Bottas crossed it taking 3rd, and again when they met Lewis in the winners pen.

Soldato
Even easier, if you have to give a place back, you can’t overtake for a full lap afterwards

Unless the driver crashes, unless they go off track, unless they get a puncture or technical failure, unless they come into the pits, unless they deliberately go slow (perhaps backing up the pack to they stack a pit stop). See how many issues there are with that? I get the general idea though.

Soldato
Unless the driver crashes, unless they go off track, unless they get a puncture or technical failure, unless they come into the pits, unless they deliberately go slow (perhaps backing up the pack to they stack a pit stop). See how many issues there are with that? I get the general idea though.
Ok, if a driver has to give a place back, he can’t use DRS for the whole lap. Bit like when it’s deactivated after safety car.

Soldato
That works for me. It's like a punishment in addition to giving the place back, as they may be coming up to back markers. Lead car gets DRS the one who gave the position back doesn't. Serves them right for messing up in the first place.

Soldato
The lead driver shouldn't get to make any decision about when to give the place back. It should be given back immediately (or as soon as safely possible)
I would go that if you have to give a place back it must be done by the end of that lap and you can’t use DRS for the following lap, and if you fail to give the place back by the end of the lap you automatically get a drive through

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I would Kevin Keegan love it if Max tried something stupid and took himself out.
Can you imagine how many protests RB would lodge?

giphy.gif

Commissario
The lead driver shouldn't get to make any decision about when to give the place back. It should be given back immediately (or as soon as safely possible)
I think it's more important that communications are fixed. The FIA should tell the team of the driver who is following that the place has to be given back BEFORE they tell the team of the driver who has to give the place back. That way, there's a fighting chance that the guy behind will actually know it's going to happen.

Soldato
I think it's more important that communications are fixed. The FIA should tell the team of the driver who is following that the place has to be given back BEFORE they tell the team of the driver who has to give the place back. That way, there's a fighting chance that the guy behind will actually know it's going to happen.

It's never been a problem before (just like when backmarkers are being shown blue flags). The car in front finds a good spot within a few corners, pulls off the racing line, and then it's obvious to the car behind (and everyone else) what is going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom