Poll: Saudi Arabian Grand Prix 2021, Jeddah - Race 21

Rate the 2021 Saudi Arabian Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Can you imagine how many protests RB would lodge?

giphy.gif

Can you imagine Hill interviewing Horner afterwards? :D

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Wouldn't get the point if he doesn't finish in the top 10.
I think that’s what @MooMoo444 meant. I.e Perez is trying to set fastest lap so that Lewis doesn’t get the bonus point.

If you’re outside the top 10 then you don’t get the point but you can prevent others from getting it.

Soldato
I think the only scenario where the bonus point has any effect would be if they were 9th + 10th? The points gaps between every other position is more than 1 so a single bonus point wouldn't make any difference.

Soldato
I think that’s what @MooMoo444 meant. I.e Perez is trying to set fastest lap so that Lewis doesn’t get the bonus point.

If you’re outside the top 10 then you don’t get the point but you can prevent others from getting it.

If Lewis and Max had taken each other out, Perez wouldn't need to rob the FL point as Lewis wouldn't be finishing top 10

Soldato
Yeah the FL point is highly unlikely to come into play baring some bizarre set of circumstances! Lewis and Max wouldn't ever be in 9th and 10th at the end unless they had a crash together with 5 laps to go or something and both needed to pit! and if that happens we'd get some comedy with Bottas and Perez having to park up to bump whoever needed the points up the field!

Soldato

There isn't a single scenario where it matters if perez took the point off him to make them go back to tie on points he'd already be outsocring max. Hence my point about it not mattering.

Soldato
I think the only scenario where the bonus point has any effect would be if they were 9th + 10th? The points gaps between every other position is more than 1 so a single bonus point wouldn't make any difference.

Wouldn't matter as ham would be scoring 2 to maxs 1 and win the champ by 1 point. Fastest lap is now irrelevant and if ham was behind with fastest lap he'd lose on count back of victories.

Caporegime
Question: In situations where the red flag is shown, the race order should be determine from the last full completed lap.

So why was Ocon put on pole? They didn’t complete a full racing lap after the standing start.

Not to mention Ocon was only there because of Max's cheating (ie returning to the track and pushing lewis off his line).

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

There isn't a single scenario where it matters if perez took the point off him to make them go back to tie on points he'd already be outsocring max. Hence my point about it not mattering.
Well… if Lewis and Max crash out whilst Lewis holds the fastest lap of the race, then it very much would matter. Hence the hypothetical.

Nevermind, Jesus.

Soldato
I just laughed at Toto's headphone smashing reaction!

We all like a panto villain and Max is living up to that.. RBR and Max are both feeding off each other at the moment, I used to love RBR for their innovative and creative style, but for the last 2 years they've just pushed the political cry baby tactics too far and they've made the sport more about who can cry the most rather than truly letting things speak on track.

Of course all teams can get political, it's just the scale/nature of RBR that stand out to me.. Especially Horner he used to be quite credible but lately he's been insufferable..

Soldato

Wouldn't matter as ham would be scoring 2 to maxs 1 and win the champ by 1 point. Fastest lap is now irrelevant and if ham was behind with fastest lap he'd lose on count back of victories.

There's one scenario... Lewis 9th, Max 10th.

In that case Lewis would take the title with one more point than Max, UNLESS Max got the fastest lap in which case they'd be even on points again and Max would take it by dint of more wins.

Associate
The only point I can see the FL point being relevant is if Lewis is going to finish 9th and Max 10th.

Max, Lewis and Bottas will have to try and set fastest lap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom