Anyone renewed their passport recently? Time until it arrived?

Soldato
Renewed mine in March 2021 and it took 8 days. My parents and I renewed together. Mum’s application was sent to Liverpool and Dad and mine - Glasgow.

Do it online and take photos on a pale unpatterned background. If got no plain wall, stick bit of wallpaper with back facing.

Just hope I am able to use passport without the need of testing, self isolating etc.

Soldato
Mum just renewed hers. Took about a month from the online application to receiving the new passport, though she's still waiting for her old passport to be returned and it's starting to look like it's been lost in the post.
My story very similar - about a month from online to receipting. Thought old one had been lost but it showed up last week, so something like 2/3 months?

Don
Mine took a month a couple of months back. There was an article in the news a couple of weeks back about delivery delays due to TNT failings (they have the contract to deliver them). Mine was delivered by the post office.

Soldato
Mate of mine asked me the other night., so rather than posting a new thread I thought I'd post here. He needs to get his passport renewed, thing is his old one expired way back in 2001, he still has the old one at hand, so does he apply for a renewal or does he make a completely new application?

Soldato
Mate of mine asked me the other night., so rather than posting a new thread I thought I'd post here. He needs to get his passport renewed, thing is his old one expired way back in 2001, he still has the old one at hand, so does he apply for a renewal or does he make a completely new application?
Does the same mate need your assistance on whether boxers go on before trousers?

I mean, RTFM. It isn't complicated.

(but the answer is roughly yes, and he'll have to send off his old passport; so no affidavit from a doctor or professional or whatever)

Soldato
Does the same mate need your assistance on whether boxers go on before trousers?

I mean, RTFM. It isn't complicated.

(but the answer is roughly yes, and he'll have to send off his old passport; so no affidavit from a doctor or professional or whatever)
I countersigned my ex’s nieces and nephew’s passport applications as I worked at a bank call centre and there’s a “bank official” on the list. Whatever that entails, I have no idea! I doubt that the passport office checks every single passport application. As my employer never received anything from passport office to confirm that I work there as asked the staff in post room.

A friend countersigned another friend’s children even though he didn’t have a position in the list. They got issued without issue, in 2019. Looks dodgy as hell if the surname does match the applicants, mother’s maiden name or previous surname.

Back
Top Bottom