Your Favourite Cheeses Over The Festive Period

Soldato
Those of you looking for a good cheddar, have a look at this 60 month from Davidstow. It's absolutely epic.

I'm not going to have time this year, but I do like to head to La Fromagerie in Maylebone to buy Christmas cheese. I struggle to shoiw restraint when it comes to buying cheese. I can't pretent that i'm bothered by that :)

This year I think we'll have some Cropwell Bishop Stilton, 60 month Davidstow Cheddar, Mont D'or, a good ripe Brie. I'll leave the choice of goat's cheese to my other half as I'm yet to find one that I can't despise.

Soldato
Mexicana is a nice treat for me, some brands are seriously spicy these days! I'll no doubt get some Brie and Stilton too, used to have plenty of other cheeses in the fridge over Xmas, but better half has been vegan for 2+ years.

Man of Honour
Snowdonia cheeses Black Bomber cheddar, vintage cheddar, vintage Red Leicester. All delicious.

Other than that, just whatever takes my fancy.

Has some locally produced sheep and goat cheese this year, along with a couple of frenchies, brie and camembert, an emmenthal and an absolutely beautiful stichelton.

Last edited:
Soldato
I had to go to Sainsbury's last week and saw a cave aged cheddar so picked some up. It's possibly the most disappointing cheddar I've ever had. I'm not joking when I say that Babybel has a stronger taste. I may as well have eaten the wax it came in, that would have had more flavour.

Back
Top Bottom