Google Pixel 5

Ico

Ico

Associate
Casting will go up to whatever resolution the TV/media is capable of, or whatever the app itself allows. In Prime's case, it casts to 1080p max. I believe BBC iPlayer is also capped at 1080p. YouTube can go 4K if the TV allows it. Basically you're not limited to whatever phone you're casting from.

The LG app can't grab 3rd party streaming content hence why it's limited to local files. Prime and iPlayer themselves will need to support the DLNA standard but big chances they won't spare the resources and will focus on the Chromecast standard instead.
Thank you good to know. Full HD is good video quality ill grab chromecast when ill need it.
I presume when ill use MHL adaptor it still wont show Iplayer content on TV is that correct cheers

Last edited:
Soldato
Thank you good to know. Full HD is good video quality ill grab chromecast when ill need it.
I presume when ill use MHL adaptor it still wont show Iplayer content on TV is that correct cheers

Pixel 5 (or any Pixel phone) doesn't allow display output via USB so the MHL adapter won't work. Google is trying to get everyone on Chromecast.

Soldato
Received warranty replacement Pixel 5 today (after realising that maybe the FPS isn't inherently **** and I just had a defective unit) and who'd have guessed- new phone works flawlessly and FPS works every time!

Soldato
Received warranty replacement Pixel 5 today (after realising that maybe the FPS isn't inherently **** and I just had a defective unit) and who'd have guessed- new phone works flawlessly and FPS works every time!

That's interesting, yeah sounds like you definitely had a faulty model. My P5 FPS has been perfect for the year I've had it. Always works great. Glad you got a working one!

mine was good until lately the speed has just been terrible, sometimes so unresponsive like i click the change app button twice to jump from current app to previous one, it does nothing, so i click again, and then it jumps twice that im back on the same app.

also it constantly powered on and off the other day. i had to click the power button on and off lots and that solved it, apparently they can become stuck down. will be looking to replace it assuming it has more than 1 year warrenty when directly bought from the googles?

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Arggg Not linking Android 12 at all.

Its just a cluttered mess with no way of changing anything from what I can find.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
The clock.
The massive buttons
The Notifications area, smaller than the massive buttons.

I just do not like it.

Back
Top Bottom