Poll: Saudi Arabian Grand Prix 2021, Jeddah - Race 21

Rate the 2021 Saudi Arabian Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Thought for the day : If Max had yielded at Copse, title would have in all probability already been decided in Max's favour.
But on the contrary, if Max had yielded on many of Hamilton's perfect overtakes, Hamilton would have a bunch more points no? Dunno, my memory is too poor to go over all the historicals.

I made the mistake of looking at the F1 comments on Instagram. Sheesh I know we're going to be a bit biased towards Lewis in here but my gawd the Max fans on there are living in another universe. Talking about how Lewis hit Ocon on the restart and should have a penalty etc. lol. They've certainly drunk the Kool-Aid (or Red Bull :rolleyes: )

Soldato
I honestly don't know which way I want it to go :cry:

Clean drive by both, Max wins and the Max/RBR fans go nuts. Merc will take it on the chin (at least publicly) and the Lewis/Merc fans have a massive moan but in the end have had many wins and it had to end at some point.

Or Lewis wins and Max/RBR go into complete melt down not to mention that old git Marko.

It's gonna be sour as on social media which ever way it goes!

Soldato
There's one scenario... Lewis 9th, Max 10th.

In that case Lewis would take the title with one more point than Max, UNLESS Max got the fastest lap in which case they'd be even on points again and Max would take it by dint of more wins.

True, but that's not Perez trying to nick it off Hamilton.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Whichever way it goes, the fall out is going to be biblical. I'd say less so for Mercedes unless there's an obvious on-track incident whereas I see RB trying to discredit the win by any means.

My cousin is a devout Max fan and his reaction at the last race was hilarious.

Soldato
... and what are the odds on that after the ****show last Sunday?

At the Yes Marina circuit I'd say quite high. It will just be a basic F1 race, a little overtaking but nothing too spectacular even if we see a race for the lead.

RB need to set their cars up for a race, rather than qualifying like you they seem to have been doing recently and used to do in the Vettel days. IIRC Alonso is on of the few drivers on the grid that in past said "give me a car that can race", I think it was in reference to the stupid aero wing mirrors one of his teams tried to implement at the time.

Soldato
Thought for the day : If Max had yielded at Copse, title would have in all probability already been decided in Max's favour.
Or if Lewis hadn't kept the magic button on in Baku it would be pretty much decided in his favour :p

That out of all of them will be the day he'll look back on as the day it was lost if he doesn't win on Sunday. 25 points down the swanny.

Soldato
Earlier in the season I gave up pretty much all hope on #8. It looked like Max had built up a healthy lead and because he was driving so well I was going to take him winning the WDC quite nicely.

Now that it can go either way I feel like a bag of nerves again and not sure I can sit through the race. If Max had just kept it clean the last few weekends I wouldn't have cared about him winning the championship. But as it stands now and with the behaviour He and Red Bull have been displaying - I really can't bear the thought of them winning anything this year.

Caporegime
Earlier in the season I gave up pretty much all hope on #8. It looked like Max had built up a healthy lead and because he was driving so well I was going to take him winning the WDC quite nicely.

Now that it can go either way I feel like a bag of nerves again and not sure I can sit through the race. If Max had just kept it clean the last few weekends I wouldn't have cared about him winning the championship. But as it stands now and with the behaviour He and Red Bull have been displaying - I really can't bear the thought of them winning anything this year.

I was never a fan of Lewis but Horner and the Max family are just rancid people so watching them burn is enjoyable. Watching Wolf Vs Horner is akin to watching a Doctor fighting it out with a village chav. The next season of Netflix is going to be amazing regardless of the result on Sunday.

Soldato
There's one scenario... Lewis 9th, Max 10th.

In that case Lewis would take the title with one more point than Max, UNLESS Max got the fastest lap in which case they'd be even on points again and Max would take it by dint of more wins.

True, but that's not Perez trying to nick it off Hamilton.
Could you imagine Pérez being in first place by 10s and told pitstop to get new tires to get the fastest lap and losing a race to get max to win the championship in that scenario

Last edited:
Associate
I honestly don't know which way I want it to go :cry:

Clean drive by both, Max wins and the Max/RBR fans go nuts. Merc will take it on the chin (at least publicly) and the Lewis/Merc fans have a massive moan but in the end have had many wins and it had to end at some point.

Or Lewis wins and Max/RBR go into complete melt down not to mention that old git Marko.

It's gonna be sour as on social media which ever way it goes!

what about the scenario where max just makes no attempt to make the corner and takes them both out? (This is the most likely I feel, even if he is 3 car length back) and it’s decided (or not) by the stewards. This will just be so bad for F1.

If the above happens I don’t think I will bother watching F1 for another decade.

Soldato
I was never a fan of Lewis but Horner and the Max family are just rancid people so watching them burn is enjoyable. Watching Wolf Vs Horner is akin to watching a Doctor fighting it out with a village chav. The next season of Netflix is going to be amazing regardless of the result on Sunday.

I find Wolf just as bad at times, the RBs really seem to wind him up and bring out the worst in him, but he wasn't past moaning when Ferrari were doing well either. Otherwise he's ok, whereas Horner is just a tit.

Soldato

Agreed. In fact he could've kept his foot in it, gone way wide onto the runoff and kept the position with almost certainly no punishment or even really a comment. Instead he didn't leave much room (enough, but little margin for an/the error on Hamiltons part) and well...

Not allowed. It broke the rules and so the terminology used on these boards is cheating. They got away with it due to the red flag. Masi didn't bother referring anything to the stewards, he was quite inept this race as he has been a few times this season.

It is my understanding that the stewards can look at incidents regardless of whether the race director asks them too, and if they make a decision it overrides him, but they are probably not going to do that for most things unless it's a major incident.

Was it against the rules? There used to be a distance under safety car, and is still on restarts, but I thought the delta replaced the distance rules when generally behind the safety car?

Surely if it was against the rules Horner would be whinging and raising a right to review, wouldn't affect the WDC but could affect the WCC which is worth ~$10m...

Caporegime
Not allowed. It broke the rules and so the terminology used on these boards is cheating. They got away with it due to the red flag. Masi didn't bother referring anything to the stewards, he was quite inept this race as he has been a few times this season.

There's nothing that suggests that Merc broke any rules. Bottas did a lap time of 2:07.440 which looks comparable to other drivers. There is a minimum time they're supposed to set, but that's all. So long as Lewis slows sufficiently, and Bottas doesn't slow in a dangerous fashion there's nothing to investigate. Max was also making comments about not being within 10 car lengths, but the drivers have to reach the lead driver first before forming up and when they did reach him they were clearly within 10 car lengths.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom