Far Cry 6

Soldato
I tweeted them about this, but no reply.
Just had this back From Ubisoft.

Please try one of the following two workarounds:-
a) Changing the keyboard language to US International.
b) Copying the contents of the bin_plus folder in the install location to the bin folder.

Did not work for me.

Associate
Just finished the main story after 109 hours of play. Had two crashes in all that time.

As usual with Far Cry games, some of it is pretty repetitive but I enjoyed it overall. Well worth the £30 I paid for it.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Just finished the main story after 109 hours of play. Had two crashes in all that time.

As usual with Far Cry games, some of it is pretty repetitive but I enjoyed it overall. Well worth the £30 I paid for it.

Nearly there for me. Currently 83% in, had one crash in that timeframe so far. Got it free with an SSD so well worth it, would have paid the £30 on MM if I didn't get the drive.

Associate
OK Completed the main story last night. Enjoyed that, not explored the other stuff to do yet but in no hurry. Have RDR2 and HZD to choose from now!

Ah I just finished a re-play of HZD and enjoyed it more than the first time. Great game. I also just started RDR2 but I think my RX6800XT just died. :eek::mad:

Associate
Oh, rma or just doesn't like the strain of the game?

RMA - no output after waking the PC from sleep. I've tried reseating, clearing CMOS etc. but no joy. I don't have another power supply or mobo to try but I've got a RX6900XT on the way so I'll see if that works. If it does I'll RMA the 6800XT and probably sell the replacement when it arrives.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
RMA - no output after waking the PC from sleep. I've tried reseating, clearing CMOS etc. but no joy. I don't have another power supply or mobo to try but I've got a RX6900XT on the way so I'll see if that works. If it does I'll RMA the 6800XT and probably sell the replacement when it arrives.

Ahh yes good idea, hope it works out for you!

Soldato
Nearly there for me. Currently 83% in, had one crash in that timeframe so far. Got it free with an SSD so well worth it, would have paid the £30 on MM if I didn't get the drive.

I think I'm at about the same stage.. good game but feelings about the same. my biggest issue is theres not a lot of point in all the different guns, I've just used an MS16 all teh way through as it works well as a sniper with a laser sight too, even under fire, I find I most often have time to headshot enemies before I take enough damage to die. A couple of clothing enhancements like faster health regen and faster movement while crouched and less movement noise lets you quite easily stealth most situations, especially if you take the time to take out alarms.

Soldato
Just finished it and have the same issue, most of the guns are pointless, as are the different ammo types. They seem to have spoiled a lot of the weapons from 3/4/5.

Once you can get an MS16L with armour piercing ammo, suppressor and 4x sight that's virtually the only weapon you need. Silent single shot kills on everyone.

On previous games it was always the .50 sniper that I aspired to, but didn't like it much this time, found the SVD a better option for those extreme range shots.

The autocrat is the only pistol I bothered with and I hardly used it. Seemed op for such an early game weapon.

Final slot RAT4 for anti-chopper duties.

Lmgs seemed pointless, not enough dmg for the kick and noise - same goes for vehicle mounted guns, they seem rubbish this time out.

Liked the shotguns, but as I play stealthy I didn't carry one often.

Didn't even try the SMGs or bows!

Whole game felt way too easy on the 'harder' skill level, with it pretty much a guarantee that I'd capture each base without even getting spotted. The 'special forces' didn't appear any more of a challenge than the normal troops, they just had a slightly different noise when I headshotted them.

Enjoyed it despite the usual FC gameplay repetition but they really need to improve NPC ai to make it more of a challenge. Oh and the pointless 3rd person sections in the camps were just weird, why did they do that?

Back
Top Bottom