Poll: Saudi Arabian Grand Prix 2021, Jeddah - Race 21

Rate the 2021 Saudi Arabian Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Earlier in the season I gave up pretty much all hope on #8. It looked like Max had built up a healthy lead and because he was driving so well I was going to take him winning the WDC quite nicely.

Now that it can go either way I feel like a bag of nerves again and not sure I can sit through the race. If Max had just kept it clean the last few weekends I wouldn't have cared about him winning the championship. But as it stands now and with the behaviour He and Red Bull have been displaying - I really can't bear the thought of them winning anything this year.
This is where I'm at.

A few races ago, if Max had won, I would have said "fair enough, he' earned it. Yes, he's pushed the limits of what's acceptable a couple of times but what World Champion hasn't?"

I was actually discussing it back in October with some friends and said that if Max wins this season, it will be more legitimate than Rosberg's title.

Now if he wins, especially if there are some shenanigans at the final race, I'll find it hard to accept.

Soldato
Could you imagine Pérez being in first place by 10s and told pitstop to get new tires to get the fastest lap and losing a race to get max to win the championship in that scenario

Wouldn't matter. IF Lewis had fastest lap he would need to be in 10th place minimum to be allowed to get it. So If he was in 10th and Max was racing in 11th or lower, Lewis would win the championship anyway. If Lewis was 10th with fastest lap and Max was 9th, Max would win the championship owing to more wins. So the fastest lap does not matter in the title race.

Associate
what about the scenario where max just makes no attempt to make the corner and takes them both out? (This is the most likely I feel, even if he is 3 car length back) and it’s decided (or not) by the stewards. This will just be so bad for F1.

If the above happens I don’t think I will bother watching F1 for another decade.
Most likely Max would be disqualified from the championship.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Are there any other sleeper agents that Horner can activate during he race this weekend or is it just Gasly?
Don’t forget about Tsunoda. The guy makes me nervous at the best of times, I’m not sure I’ll be able to look if Lewis has to pass him this weekend.

Soldato
Don’t forget about Tsunoda. The guy makes me nervous at the best of times, I’m not sure I’ll be able to look if Lewis has to pass him this weekend.

Also have to watch out for Mazepin of course. Not because of any Red Bull association of course, just that he will probably literally be asleep.

Soldato
Thought for the day : If Max had yielded at Copse, title would have in all probability already been decided in Max's favour.

Here's another what if... Lewis hadn't made an unusual blunder and forgotten to turn off the brake heating button before the Baku restart (after Max had a tyre failure crash on the fast pit straight?). Lewis gave away a massive 25 points that day, finishing 15th, after overcooking his brakes into T1 and not making the corner.

Soldato
I was never a fan of Lewis but Horner and the Max family are just rancid people so watching them burn is enjoyable.
Verstappen family (or Jos anyway) might be fair enough, but I think it's a bit harsh saying Horner is "rancid". He comes across as delusional, or selective in the truth, like most team bosses (a bit more than most), but Helmut Marko is far worse.

To be honest both Horner and Wolff could do with shutting up, as could the engineers in discussions (and now negotiations!) with Masi.

Caporegime
Not allowed. It broke the rules and so the terminology used on these boards is cheating. They got away with it due to the red flag. Masi didn't bother referring anything to the stewards, he was quite inept this race as he has been a few times this season.

It is my understanding that the stewards can look at incidents regardless of whether the race director asks them too, and if they make a decision it overrides him, but they are probably not going to do that for most things unless it's a major incident.

Masi does not HAVE to refer anything to the stewards.

The terminology used in the rules is that "the race director MAY refer incidents to the stewards".

And yes you are right, that if they feel it is worthy, the stewards can investigate and rule on any incident they wish to, be it referred to them or not.

As you say, hardly ever happens though.

Caporegime
Just noticed that Max is now the driver with most wins without a WDC. Obviously the ever increasing number of races/season plays into that, but even by %won he's only behind Moss if you ignore drivers that only took part in a small number of races.

Soldato
Any self respecting proper F1 fan has propably gone home bored with this obviously hypocritical and bias forum and they tend not to place any credence to some media hacks musings...

Soldato
Here's another what if... Lewis hadn't made an unusual blunder and forgotten to turn off the brake heating button before the Baku restart (after Max had a tyre failure crash on the fast pit straight?). Lewis gave away a massive 25 points that day, finishing 15th, after overcooking his brakes into T1 and not making the corner.
What if Lewis stopped driving into the rear of Max's car in his desperate attempts to overtake..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom