Forza Horizon 5 - Mexico

Soldato
How does the multiplayer eliminator mode work? I keep collecting cars but i dunno what I'm meant to do besides that. They have numbers too.

It's a last man standing competition, with a bout of head to head eliminations (you honk your horn to initiate this when near to a rival), then it goes into a race to a finish point.

The higher the number the better the car.

That's my limited understanding of it.

Soldato
Doesn't it tell you the first time to enter one? I cant remember, i skipped the intro.

Eliminator is basically a battle royal. You start with access to the entire map but the playing area shrinks every few minutes, ending with a scramble to the finish line when there's only a few cars left. As the playing area shrinks, you have to find the best (highest numbered) car you can. you can also challange other players during that time and if you win you'll have the option to either take their car or upgrade yours by a level (from 1 to 10), but if you lose you're out.

Associate
Can anybody explain to me how to create a convoy and then select a few specific tracks to race versus friends?

This option was definitely in FH4, but I just cant seem to do it in FH5. Instead I am having to drive around to a specific track and manually select PvP each time and race that track once. Then I go off and find the next track..

Surely theres a better option than that?

Associate
Convoy is in the online menu when you go into the menus if i recall. Select convoy then you can add friends.

Regarding Eliminator it is super bugged. I have played it a few times including xince the update but i can never see any other cars, they are always invisible to me. I have heard nearby cars at times and have been challenged to the duels but just can't see them. Seems to be an issue for some players. About right for the game, super slick in the main but then super bugged with many other basic parts (eg; since the last update if i make a convoy i can see my friends cars and bump them etc but they can't see me).

Associate
Convoy is in the online menu when you go into the menus if i recall. Select convoy then you can add friends.

Thanks - What I wanted to know was how to create a Custom Adventure, which was an option in FH4. Looks like Playground Games have removed this feature, according to various online forums. Not sure why they actively remove features most players want.

Instead you have to either select blueprint tracks one by one or drive to a track and then select the race for your convoy. Makes multiplayer racing somewhat tedious..

Caporegime
Just me or is this holiday update half assed? Before the series the note was about putting snow tyres on, there's barely anywhere you need to use them.....

A few candy canes, trees and snowmen aside it feels exactly the same as series 1. I appreciate it's Mexico but a bit of snow in the open world would've been nice.

Soldato
I'm finding the BMW X5M FE a blast for winning road races even in multiplayer. I've beat Mcalaren's, Lambos, you name it. Just needs a bit more top speed but off the mark it's a proper rocket. I was giggling to myself just launching past them.

It has really decent grip too.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
I'm finding the BMW X5M FE a blast for winning road races even in multiplayer. I've beat Mcalaren's, Lambos, you name it. Just needs a bit more top speed but off the mark it's a proper rocket. I was giggling to myself just launching past them.

It has really decent grip too.

My go to at the moment is the Ford Puma FE rally car. Add off road tyres the auto upgrade to S1 and it flies over all terrain. Hardly a dream car but fun to drive.

Associate
Can someone help me please, my lad wants this on pc but everywhere lists it for xbox one xbox x and pc on the same thing, how does this work? And is it the correct version to order for pc?

Last edited:

Ree

Ree

Associate
And the game is crashing to desktop just after you press the button on the main screen.. noice. Just had three in a row not even attempting a fourth GG.

Ree

Ree

Associate
I went and had dinner then tried after and it let me in so I free roamed for a bit then I got an infinite loading screen when I tried to jump to my house. What a mess this is.

Caporegime
Like with 3 and 4 (I may be getting old), I am still confused how to progress in the campaign. I typically do new individual races across the different categories, and this seems to unlock more chapters in Horizon Adventure but my campaign progress looks like I've just started the game.

Back
Top Bottom