• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Halo Infinite GPU Performance

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
GeForce RTX 3080: The New Flagship

Starting at $699, the RTX 3080 is the perfect mix of fast performance and cutting-edge capabilities, leading Huang to declare it NVIDIA’s “new flagship GPU.”

Designed for 4K gaming, the RTX 3080 features high-speed GDDR6X memory running at 19Gbps, resulting in performance that outpaces the RTX 2080 Ti by a wide margin.

It’s up to 2X faster than the original RTX 2080. It consistently delivers more than 60 fps at 4K resolution — with RTX ON.

https://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2020/09/01/nvidia-ceo-geforce-rtx-30-series-gpus/

He even said it in the reveal. ;)

Soldato
Not really a shock that a game optimised for AMD hardware runs well on AMD hardware really. Shame the performance is so lacklustre though. Coming from Destiny 2 looking smooth at 120fps and having to cap at 60 for this is rather annoying.

Soldato
nice, a topic i can feel right at tome

pretty disrespectul performance on ampere

its so bad. their flagship 80 tier GPU can't even push 60 fps at 4k, while rx 6800xt gracefully pushes 70+ fps

Pc performance is terrible, the consoles are achieving twice the performance compared to equivalent amd pc hardware, nevermind Nvidia - it's even worse for Nvidia, the the Xbox series consoles run better than an rtx3090 despite those consoles being equal to an rtx2070 and to top it off those consoles have an ryzen 3700x cpu which runs the game 20-30% slower than a newer CPU.

Put that all together and the game essentially is only achieving 50% of the performance it should be on PC, take all those bars on those graphs and DOUBLE THEM and that's the performance this game should have on PC

Last edited:
Permabanned
Pc performance is terrible, the consoles are achieving twice the performance compared to equivalent amd pc hardware, nevermind Nvidia - it's even worse for Nvidia, the the Xbox series consoles run better than an rtx3090 despite those consoles being equal to an rtx2070 and to top it off those consoles have an ryzen 3700x cpu which runs the game 20-30% slower than a newer CPU.

Put that all together and the game essentially is only achieving 50% of the performance it should be on PC, take all those bars on those graphs and DOUBLE THEM and that's the performance this game should have on PC
well, upcoming year will see the release of ddr5 assisted zen 4 cpus with monstrous 3d cache, alongside with 4080-4090.

those should put you above series x. these kind of PC ports will increase as the gen continues on. newer and stronger hardware is always an excuse for devs to make even worse ports

just check out god of war pc requirements, at original preset (exact ps4 graphical settings), they say that a 1060/570 is required to have 1080p @30 fps. if they did deign to optimize the port, at least a 1050ti could've easily achieved that. it is what it is, PC is a luxury space and u have to upgrade stuff to be on top of stuff

Soldato
OP
GOW will support FSR and DLSS though. I haven't seen either in Halo Infinite yet. Although someone in the beta stated that Halo Infinite did have FSR support during the beta. So, I can only assume it will come out at some future point.

Associate

Its even worse on battlefield 2042, can tell some companies only think of pc gaming as an afterthourght or something.

Soldato
I think the main issue is that it's a game made around Xbox One, and then just scaled upwards, which will always give you poor returns on the higher end, call it a reverse Cyberpunk. It happens all the time. That's why the options you get are all very 'dumb' scaling options of existing settings (i.e. higher res shadows, textures, etc.) but no real differentiating features otherwise, at least not at launch - there's RT promised in the future, whenever that is. Furthermore we've had articles come out and talk about what a shish show working with their tools & engine was to the point that they almost switched to Unreal in the middle of development. Add all that together and you have the soup that's Halo Infinite at launch, it's just a bland sloppy mess.

Caporegime
Performance seems pretty good to me so far, op fps seem a bit of to me, at least with what I am seeing at 3440x1440 21.9, which is more demanding than 2560x1440 16.9

Great game so far, nice to have a good FPS with a good story again! Have to agree with DF, it is a stunning game on the whole, lighting seems a bit of at times but no surprise given the tech. they use for it, LOD/draw distance pretty poor but then again, most games have **** draw distance/lod!

Some random screenshots with FPS overlay

ZEcPMUc.jpg

QGefPbs.jpg

F1Itjxr.jpg

IVDmC0L.jpg

KLkYZmv.jpg

w7jA41c.jpg

eHNU5T7.jpg

9CRaKS3.jpg

80pJzei.jpg

GeHrSEW.jpg

Gc0z1YV.jpg

u5C5AGx.jpg

joVr0gp.jpg

KMqIPsX.png

uMDnzWG.jpg

RMWgkJB.jpg

WZmremw.jpg

qQaYTlB.png

dsAm08X.jpg

BigN9li.jpg

N0alAZ9.jpg

n1GGR9A.jpg

znr5DXz.jpg

Think I'll hold out for the supposed ray tracing love this will get though, as it is defo a game that will really shine with RT goodness :cool: Think DLSS to come too? Would like to have a constant 100+ fps on the outside areas which should be doable with dlss.

Last edited:
Soldato
GOW will support FSR and DLSS though. I haven't seen either in Halo Infinite yet. Although someone in the beta stated that Halo Infinite did have FSR support during the beta. So, I can only assume it will come out at some future point.

GOW latest pc trailer for all that missed it and nvidia features and new changes for pc.

Last edited:
Associate
Poor performance in the open world for me. Seem to match the computerbase results around 80fps max settings at 1440p.
I tried df optimized settings which is slightly better at 10-15 more fps but still not great. Doesn't feel smooth, I think it's some animations running 30fps.

Soldato
Poor performance in the open world for me. Seem to match the computerbase results around 80fps max settings at 1440p.
I tried df optimized settings which is slightly better at 10-15 more fps but still not great. Doesn't feel smooth, I think it's some animations running 30fps.

some animations are 100% 30fps as confirmed by digital foundry

Soldato
OP
Interesting, thanks for posting this information.

Back
Top Bottom