New Star Trek series - 2017

Caporegime
If we take art as being a product of their time, then there's been pretty much nothing going on with space exploration beyond flinging some rovers on Mars since we stopped going to the moon and finished the ISS.

I think a new generation of sci-fi enthusiasm will come when the hype about Mars gets more realistic, assuming we don't nuke ourselves beforehand.

Caporegime
people need their own imagination like back in the day, you take real world events and shift the story and characters into another setting.

starwars is basically nazis vs alies in space.

Lost In Space s03 just dropped on netflix for anyone who wants proper science fiction lol

Associate
anyone else drop this, i know i watched it while on Netflix cause it was just one click, and could watch it when i wanted. but now i find that it just not good enough to be worth the effort of getting it

Soldato
anyone else drop this, i know i watched it while on Netflix cause it was just one click, and could watch it when i wanted. but now i find that it just not good enough to be worth the effort of getting it

I gave up after series two. If they can't get their act together in two series, it's never going to happen. They still seem to be making the same mistakes over and over, so it's simply not worth my time. Picard had all the same issues (I think I got halfway through that series).

I don't expect Brave New Worlds to be any different as it's from the same Kurtzman Trek stable, and rumours are that it is having all the same production issues that STD and Picard had. It's dead, Jim.

Caporegime
Discovery got worse each series. I doubt I'm going to jump through the hoops to get it on pluto or whatever.

Absolutely not paying for it

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Discovery got worse each series. I doubt I'm going to jump through the hoops to get it on pluto or whatever.

Now, be fair. S2 was an improvement, in the main, on the sprawling mess of S1 (mostly because Anson Mount, plus Doug Jones finding his talent). Then S2 ended in insultingly stupid fashion and S3 decided not to improve on matters...

fez

fez

Caporegime

Nope, haven't bothered with this or Doctor Who. Too little spare time right now so anything I watch has to be decent.

I never really got back in Dr Who after the farting aliens invading London episode. I found it a little too aimed at kids and relied upon "magic" to solve problems. I understand it got better but I have heard bad things about the latest incarnation being overly woke and anti-white heterosexual male, a bit like Star Wrek.

Caporegime
I never really got back in Dr Who after the farting aliens invading London episode. I found it a little too aimed at kids and relied upon "magic" to solve problems. I understand it got better but I have heard bad things about the latest incarnation being overly woke and anti-white heterosexual male, a bit like Star Wrek.
Don't Blink is still one of the best episodes of any tv show :D

I bet it terrified a few kids and the gas mask ww2 episodes.

now it's like a childrens show for educating kids that should be on at 4pm

To get a foot in the door do you work at Cbeebies , move on to CBBC then finally the BBC? it would explain a lot

Soldato
The Angels episode that was part of the Flux current season was really good.

I have enjoyed Discovery up till now. But I'm genuinely bored. Focusing too much on the non binary non gender specific couple is taking up too much time. Adds nothing to the plot or story. Just boring drivel.

Soldato
Dear God the effects are good, the actors I know are good but the script is so emotionally woke it makes me want to reach for a sick bucket every 5 mins.
This show has more references to feelings than it does to science fiction.
Tilly is just a gigantic walking clown, the engineer and Doctor are so holier to thou that I think I'd murder them if I was a ships ensign.

I normally say I'm not gona watch this again and in a bout of boredom I do, but this is to tough to watch. It's just awful.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Dear God the effects are good, the actors I know are good but the script is so emotionally woke it makes me want to reach for a sick bucket every 5 mins.
The castings terrible, I don't know if the actors are just bad or miscast for the roles they play.

There's probably only a few I think are okay.
the old federation bloke who was on the station alone, he seems admiral like or whatever he is meant to be.

The budget idris alba is alright but his character is kinda soft wasn't he initially supposed to be kind of a bad ass, but now they are showing us he's just a big softy ? it's like some woke don't judge a person based on appearance, deep down everyone is woke.
Burnham honestly the character is pretty crap but she doesn't annoy me I don't know if shes miscast or just gets terrible scripts.

Some shows get it so right almost every actor seems to fit and others just seem totally broken I don't get how it happens.

Caporegime
So we have to wait until yet another streaming "service" is launched in the UK ? . If I have to dig my eye patch out of the loft there's not much point in paying for my existing services...

They have done a deal with Sky and will be free if you already subscribe to sky cinema. No idea if it will be available as an addon on its own like netflix is on sky

Back
Top Bottom