Poll: Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 2021, Yas Island - Race 22

Rate the 2021 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix out of ten. If you want. I can’t be arsed.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Transmission breaker
Don
Pure fantasy

You are deluded if you truly believe that. Any team would be doing the same in the same position.

It's not just the championship itself, it's win bonuses for all the race/factory staff, extra income, HUGE PR benefit with having another WC in the team. If you do not believe they are considering a "professional foul" to win, you are simply not in reality.

They will not do anything that cannot be plausibly written off as a racing incident, and will use the precedent set in other races to stand (legally if needed!!) to ensure they claim a victory.

Associate
My concern is more that if Max is ahead and about to be passed, his only option is to stop the overtake no matter what - anything else surrenders the championship; he's nothing to lose but reputation from this and it isn't like ho would lose any of his fans from doing it.

Soldato
News just in, the BBC have announced the BBC SPOTY final shortlist is to be delayed until after the F1 result this weekend! So Lewis still in with a chance. Sit ye down once more Emma Raducanu. (Although I still secretly want Mark Cavendish to win, though worryingly his name is not mentioned in the potential list as yet :( )

Doesn't make much sense. What does Lewis personality suddenly improve if he wins the Championship? If it's going on sporting achievements, Raducanu's is the greater achievement than wining another WDC.

Man of Honour
They come together, Max is DNF with terminal damage. Lewis has gets a puncture and needs a new nose. Limps around the entire lap and pits for new tyre and wing. Ends up 20th and miles behind.

The rest of the race is Ham in hammertime and he brings it home in 10th on the last lap.

Scenes.

Soldato
Pure fantasy

I agree with this. I think others are letting RB get to them.

I don't believe any team is or has planned deliberately take someone out in recent F1. They may have the attitude of refusing to give any quarter and if they tangle then so be it, but not deliberately aiming to crash from the onset. Just as likely to damage your own car and allow the rival to drive off into the sunset.

Transmission breaker
Don

I don't believe any team is or has planned deliberately take someone out in recent F1. They may have the attitude of refusing to give any quarter and if they tangle then so be it, but not deliberately aiming to crash from the onset. Just as likely to damage your own car and allow the rival to drive off into the sunset.

If Max is behind and has no possibility of a clean overtake, and knows Lewis will be driving off into the sunset, he will make a dive and that will be the end of it, it either pays off, or it does not. It's a better chance than letting him drive away.

If he is ahead and about to be overtaken, he will push Hamilton off the circuit (which is has done a number of times) and if Hamilton does not yield they will hit.

Either one is a gamble worth taking, as they are effectively already on the back foot and have nothing to lose.

I am not expecting (as I said before) Ticktum levels of nuttiness, but it WILL 100% be on the cards behind closed doors at RB. To deny that is to simply not understand what's at stake here.

Soldato
If he was disqualified, he'd have been immediately black-flagged and unable to finish the race. No appeal can reverse that.

That's why the stewards would never dq till after the race, when an appeal was possible. They are too afraid to do it. When was the last time we've ever seen a F1 driver be dq'd and black flagged? And it wouldn't matter as long as Max knocks Hamilton out, because he'd still win the WDC.

You think stewards would disqualify Max from the whole WDC when they did nothing of note for a blatant, proved, and admitted brake check and collision? Max would have to literally take a gun from his race-suit and start taking shots at Hamilton.

Last edited:
Soldato
Monza has to be the most blatant for me.

Came on the radio immediately and said "that's what happens when you don't give space" even though he was diving up the inside of a hairpin :p
Lewis crashing into Max was the most blatent to me. The result of which it is clearly where Max's comment came from..

Soldato
That's why the stewards would never dq till after the race, when an appeal was possible. They are too afraid to do it. When was the last time we've ever seen a F1 driver be dq'd and black flagged? And it wouldn't matter as long as Max knocks Hamilton out, because he'd still win the WDC.

You think stewards would disqualify Max from the whole WDC when they did nothing of note for a blatant, proved, and admitted brake check and collision? Max would have to literally take a gun from his race-suit and start taking shots at Hamilton.
I saw this one, Filipe Massa and Giancarlo Fisichella are the last drivers to be black flagged. They were shown a black flag in the 2007 Canadian Grand Prix for exiting the pit lane when the red light was still on.
Two in one race...

Soldato
Nice to hear a balanced non sensationalist talking head piece on this years championship battle and the race to come.

I think some in here could really do with taking onboard some of his points!!!!:p

I havnt watched any of his videos before, I've been missing out.

Soldato
You are deluded if you truly believe that. Any team would be doing the same in the same position.

It's not just the championship itself, it's win bonuses for all the race/factory staff, extra income, HUGE PR benefit with having another WC in the team. If you do not believe they are considering a "professional foul" to win, you are simply not in reality.

They will not do anything that cannot be plausibly written off as a racing incident, and will use the precedent set in other races to stand (legally if needed!!) to ensure they claim a victory.

Absolute pure fantasy

Soldato

Exactly....

Transmission breaker
Don
Let's just see what happens :)
I am confident that any team/business in this position will take full advantage of the rules to achieve a goal.

The rules being applied this year have clearly shown they can "get away" with any number of things that will ensure they win the championship on the race on Sunday despite committing a "foul".

Of course, they will set out to win by the book, but as things change and if they get desperate, the other plans will appear

It's fact, and I don't need you to believe me to know that :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom