Poll: Winter 2021/22 - Will we see lots of snow?

What will we see this winter?

• Snow blizzards and minus 50 degrees

Votes: 60 15.5%
  • Drizzle and wind

Votes: 241 62.4%
  • Hurricane Pancakes

Votes: 72 18.7%
  • Highest xxxx since records began

Votes: 78 20.2%

• Total voters
Man of Honour
Monday looks potentially interesting for those on higher ground in the North depending how it pans out. Some high ground individually could see extreme amounts of snowfall.

Soldato
That's a hell of a cutting wind today, avoided the hail so far

IMG-20211204-130020.jpg

Man of Honour
That's a hell of a cutting wind today, avoided the hail so far

IMG-20211204-130020.jpg

I’m well aware that there’s a place named Camelford in Cornwall, used to see the signs for it when I was trucking oil into Indian Queens Power Station, but I really hoped that sign referred to Camels learning to water ski.

Soldato
I’m well aware that there’s a place named Camelford in Cornwall, used to see the signs for it when I was trucking oil into Indian Queens Power Station, but I really hoped that sign referred to Camels learning to water ski.
Yeah camelford is near me but not my favourite place, busy road going through it and i have never met a nice person from there.
Camel ski is in Camel estuary, i park at polzeath and do a walk to Rock (Padstow on other side a 3 quid ferry away) and back, about 16k steps my phone says definitely blown cobwebs away today

Soldato
Nice day today got a bit breezy as the afternoon went on. Had a frost last night I think thats the first of the winter its finally knocked the dahlias on the head they continue flowering until the frosts.

Soldato
Waking up to storm Barra, torrencial rain amd high winds looking quite nasty.
Apparantly a bomb cyclone formimg out there and massive swell tomorrow, so going to head out early to the beach in full waterproofs (the sort some start threads on to walk to argos in;) ) it will be a blown out mess but i lile to see the power and get footage

https://magicseaweed.com/news/swell-alert-next-weeks-european-meltdown/12636/

Soldato
Yeah camelford is near me but not my favourite place, busy road going through it and i have never met a nice person from there.
Camel ski is in Camel estuary, i park at polzeath and do a walk to Rock (Padstow on other side a 3 quid ferry away) and back, about 16k steps my phone says definitely blown cobwebs away today

Nice walk though, lovely part of the UK :)

Man of Honour
Very little of interest on the models in the next little while - some interesting stuff evolving in the predictions for the 24th onwards but far too far out to be reliable (EDIT: Also best described as anomalous so actual outcome could be relatively random).

If it came off like the models are hinting there would be significant cold pushed out over the UK and Scandinavia into the new year but I think talk of a pattern change, etc. is vastly premature.

Man of Honour
Basically rain, mild rain, rain and more mild and more rain. So just like every year, wonder if it'll be the traditional pre xmas flooding as well.

I don't know enough to understand it - not sure anyone really can say with any certainty - but the latest model updates has less typical pattern warming of the stratosphere over the arctic at the end of the run - the question is how it evolves and what the strato-troposphere connection would be.

That assumes it will hold up on subsequent model runs but if so it will almost certainly produce extremes of weather somewhere of some sort.

There is also suggestion the jet will be pushed well south of us around that time which tends to help with regard to cold weather.

Soldato
I used to take quite an interest in weather modelling, albeit passively, but it stirs up such irrational behaviour in those who have it as a hobby that I gave up. An example would be the "winter is over" calls after a poor set of runs in November followed by "there's a 1963 flavour about it" after a favourable set. Honestly it's quite bizarre. :confused:

Man of Honour
I used to take quite an interest in weather modelling, albeit passively, but it stirs up such irrational behaviour in those who have it as a hobby that I gave up. An example would be the "winter is over" calls after a poor set of runs in November followed by "there's a 1963 flavour about it" after a favourable set. Honestly it's quite bizarre. :confused:

I skim TWO, Netweather, etc. forums but don't bother getting involved, it really does get quite odd and sadly at times bitter which is a shame because some really do have a deep understanding but utterly incapable of constructive and educational dialogue with those of lesser knowledge or taking onboard where they could build on someone else's understanding, etc. etc.

Soldato
Sticking with my original drizzle and wind, the wind has been the standout thing, bit of a reprieve today, may even get in the ocean (still on my very long sick leave) may try Newquay, always afew surf schools out and i like company
Back to 40mph plus tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom