Random 3D printing chatter

Soldato
Well... ordered most of the parts I need from AliExpress.... won't be here till Jan 30th though urgh :( ( Bearings/pulleys/cables/belts all not available from OcUK lol)

And a few pieces form the rainforest. (GT2 belt fibreglass reinforced, and a set of pulleys).

Belt Driven Z-Axis with top mounted rotated motor. Going for 5 bearings across the top instead of only 4. I ordered enough parts for two kits in case I get another printer and want to do the same.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4243512

Soldato
Managed to get the Creality Wifi cloud box running OctoPrint (OctoWRT). Took some doing due to problems, but pretty impressive given they are about 10 dollars new now.

I need to figure out how I'm gonna overclock the box though.

Soldato
Just seen the Mingda Magician X for 299 (50 off (dollars) on their official website. Pretty darn impressive spec list for that price. ABL, dual gear extruder as standard, can print tpu/abs etc right out the gate. Dual Z. Touch screen interface.

Commissario
The Prusa MINI+ with all the gubbins that I ordered on the 18th November is finally being processed. I know it said 1-2 weeks lead time but I was sort of expecting to actually have it within a fortnight. Very keen to get it, just frustrating it seems to be taking forever. I still know nothing about 3D printing so it's going to be an experience.

I see they've fixed the pricing discrepancy now so that the orange/black and the black versions are the same price when one includes the filament sensor and both the sheets.

Associate
Well... ordered most of the parts I need from AliExpress.... won't be here till Jan 30th though urgh :( ( Bearings/pulleys/cables/belts all not available from OcUK lol)

And a few pieces form the rainforest. (GT2 belt fibreglass reinforced, and a set of pulleys).

Belt Driven Z-Axis with top mounted rotated motor. Going for 5 bearings across the top instead of only 4. I ordered enough parts for two kits in case I get another printer and want to do the same.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4243512

Got mine setup last night but havent tested it out yet. Didnt think about longer stepper cable for the Z motor so that was a brainfart. Had to make one up last night and was late by time I had it done.

Soldato
I'm totally sold on input shaping in klipper, amazing.

These are the results of the ringing torture test with 5,000mm/s2 accelerations.... Left is no input shaping, middle is manually measured input shaping, right is the fully automated calibration from today since my ADXL accelerometer arrived, not only is the ringing completely gone (faintly there still on the manual one if you look closely) but there's significantly less smoothing going on than in the manually measured one - you can see how crisp the edge of the X is for example.

IMG-1740.jpg

Associate
I'm totally sold on input shaping in klipper, amazing.

These are the results of the ringing torture test with 5,000mm/s2 accelerations.... Left is no input shaping, middle is manually measured input shaping, right is the fully automated calibration from today since my ADXL accelerometer arrived, not only is the ringing completely gone (faintly there still on the manual one if you look closely) but there's significantly less smoothing going on than in the manually measured one - you can see how crisp the edge of the X is for example.

Yeah input shaper is amazing. I've my ADXL345 mounted but havent done the wiring yet, I'm actually allergic to doing it :cry:

Soldato
Not heard a peep from 3Dfused after 3 days regarding the y-axis linear kit I ordred :( Trying to be patient since I assume they are a smaller company.
FLSUN QQ-S Pro delta printer (returned so cheap and they will replace anything that is missing or damaged once I get it), is already in the mail :)

Updated my E3V2 to Jyers UBL 15x15 version. I wasn't previously using JBL, and I'm not even sure I had my G-codes correct to use ABL correctly (basically I was just manually doing it, then remeasuring, and remeasuring at the start of the print, but not sending a command to actually use the mesh lol.... I think.) Hopefully that is taken care off now.

Yesterday before update I printed a calibration cube. I came out massively unextruded for some weird reason. I will re-check the offset, and start the 4 hour print again with the new UBL firmware.

Don
Just started converting my Jubilee toolchanger to 4 x Orbiter extruders. Looks like it's going to halve the weight of each print head, meaning I should be able to crank the speeds up to close to where my big CoreXY is.
They are built using 3 different manufacturing processes. CNC machined aluminium for the tool plate, resin printing for the part cooling ducts (using Esun high-temperature resin), and FDM printing in ABS for rest of it.

Soldato
Just started converting my Jubilee toolchanger to 4 x Orbiter extruders. Looks like it's going to halve the weight of each print head, meaning I should be able to crank the speeds up to close to where my big CoreXY is.
They are built using 3 different manufacturing processes. CNC machined aluminium for the tool plate, resin printing for the part cooling ducts (using Esun high-temperature resin), and FDM printing in ABS for rest of it.

Need pics!!! Sounds awesome :)

Soldato
"If it pleases the Crown...". I would love to see a video of the tool change in action once you get this beasty running.

Looks great so far. Really clean. I can only imagine the headaches must be getting everything aligned and calibrated between tools (offset etc).

Don
"If it pleases the Crown...". I would love to see a video of the tool change in action once you get this beasty running.

Looks great so far. Really clean. I can only imagine the headaches must be getting everything aligned and calibrated between tools (offset etc).

Here it is with the old extruders:

Another:

Back
Top Bottom