Crashed my car...

Soldato
10mph to a sudden halt is more than enough to cause whiplash.

You are suffering up to 5.1g and feels like 365kg is being pressed onto your body.

https://www.omnicalculator.com/physics/car-crash-force

You aren't going to be feeling that unless you hit an absolutely immoveable object that doesn't deform at all. The majority of 10mph collisions involving a whiplash claim will involve someone shunting someone else up the rear, in which case, the car at fault doesn't go down to 0mph, and the car in front has a deformable bumper, and also gets shunted forward. 89ms for bringing the car from 10mph to 0mph is nowhere near representative of an average road collision that would result in a whiplash claim.

Using that calculator, sitting in a fayre ground bumper car at 6mph, and hitting another bumper car doing 6mph in the opposite direction would result in a force of 6G's and would feel like nearly half a ton of weight was hitting your chest, which clearly isn't the case or we'd all be done for.

Soldato
OP
Slight update;
The repair has been approved although I still have the car. A repairer has ordered some parts from audi based off the photos I sent them and still awaiting their arrival. Taking the xxxx a little imo though, a month now it's been broken for.
So it's not being written off, but I've no idea when it's being fixed.
Is there any timeframe I can/should hold them too? Kinda sucks.

The golf driver's ins rang me mayve 2 weeks ago asking for my insurance details. I politely declined, not heard anything since.

Soldato
OP
It depends whether the OP hitting the Modeo pushed it further into the Golf causing more damage. e.g. small tap by the Modeo driver but large whack by the OP. I can see a reason there for the Golf's insurance company to go after the OP's.

The footage shows collision a) between mondeo and golf happening before collision b) when I hit the mondeo. No further contact was made between the mondeo and the golf upon my arrival :)

Soldato
The repair has been approved although I still have the car. A repairer has ordered some parts from audi based off the photos I sent them and still awaiting their arrival.
you have still been able to use the car ? (I never payed for replacement car in past policies)
if they assessed the repair didn't they summarise parts that would be needed ... a photo sounds lightweight, maybe there are many, though.

Soldato
Slight update;
The repair has been approved although I still have the car. A repairer has ordered some parts from audi based off the photos I sent them and still awaiting their arrival. Taking the xxxx a little imo though, a month now it's been broken for.

The golf driver's ins rang me mayve 2 weeks ago asking for my insurance details. I politely declined, not heard anything since.

Probably found out the Mondeo isn't insured or not been able to trace the reg keeper so trying to get your insurance to foot the bill.

Soldato
OP
you have still been able to use the car ? (I never payed for replacement car in past policies)
if they assessed the repair didn't they summarise parts that would be needed ... a photo sounds lightweight, maybe there are many, though.

Well that's the thing, I did send 10-12 pics, but I know there's more parts damaged than what I could see in the pics. At least parts have stopped falling off now though. I fully expect the bill to be larger than they first thought. Or maybe they'll just do a really poor job of fixing it.
And yes I've still been using it which I did highlight to my insurer perhaps isn't quite right given the headlight is flopping around. (I've taped it in for now).
I do have a courtesy car on my policy but apparently only when my car is with the repairers.

Only gripe thus far like I say is that apparently they're waiting for parts from Germany. And that has been a number of weeks now.

@Resident I do agree. The golf driver confir.ed there was only one shunt from the rear, and I have proof it was before I got there.

Man of Honour
Slight update;

Generally here are SLAs in place to track the cycle times between assessments, approval of repairs, vehicle booked in etc. I'm surprised it is taking that long. We got a discount from Admiral when it took more than 10(?) days for the repairer to collect the car, although they tried to pull a fast one by entering a booking in date a few days before they actually collected it (fortunately we had proof in the form of the courtesy car documents).

Back
Top Bottom