Destiny 2

Associate
Keep dipping in and out of D2, missed Season of the Chosen but jumped back in on this one, the next-gen patch makes it so much better to play, couldn’t go back now.

Even though I end up doing the same things and a lot of grinding, it just keeps pulling me back in. Thing is none of my clan regularly plans any more, so miss out on raids like VoG.

Caporegime
Keep dipping in and out of D2, missed Season of the Chosen but jumped back in on this one, the next-gen patch makes it so much better to play, couldn’t go back now.

Even though I end up doing the same things and a lot of grinding, it just keeps pulling me back in. Thing is none of my clan regularly plans any more, so miss out on raids like VoG.
Join a new clan, there are always clans looking to recruit or take players on.
Since VoG came out, I’ve done it close to 20 times with my clan. Even got the day one raid emblem too.
But I play it religiously as I absolutely love the game despite its many flaws. I haven’t found another game that quite scratches the itch that destiny 2 gives me.

Soldato
I picked up D2 Legendary edition for 27.99 in the black friday sale.

I am very pleased that cross-play and cross-play voice seems to work very well.

The PS5 version looks incredible on a 65 inch oled and I am playing with my buddies through Foresaken.

I have to say that Foresaken, so far, is a massive step-up from Osiris :D

Soldato
I picked up D2 Legendary edition for 27.99 in the black friday sale.

I am very pleased that cross-play and cross-play voice seems to work very well.

The PS5 version looks incredible on a 65 inch oled and I am playing with my buddies through Foresaken.

I have to say that Foresaken, so far, is a massive step-up from Osiris :D

play through forsaken dlc as quckly as possible, on the 22nd febuary 2022 the witch queen dlc is going live and forsaken will be vaulted, the only destionation not going is the dreaming city but it is tied to the forsaken dlc so if you dont finish it you may not get access to begin with, tbh forsaken is an amzing dlc add on and plenty of players arnt happy its going, but on the flip side witch queen is something on a whole new level, i cant wait to play it

Soldato
play through forsaken dlc as quckly as possible, on the 22nd febuary 2022 the witch queen dlc is going live and forsaken will be vaulted, the only destionation not going is the dreaming city but it is tied to the forsaken dlc so if you dont finish it you may not get access to begin with, tbh forsaken is an amzing dlc add on and plenty of players arnt happy its going, but on the flip side witch queen is something on a whole new level, i cant wait to play it
Is Beyond Light getting vaulted as well?

Tempted to pick it up for the PS5 to see what's changed since I last played.

Soldato
Is Beyond Light getting vaulted as well?

Tempted to pick it up for the PS5 to see what's changed since I last played.

Beyond light is staying thats the current dlc atm, its the tanged shore destination that is going, but as the dreaming city is still a big part of the game its the only part of the forsaken dlc that is staying, come to think of it i think forsaken went free to all players around a week ago, you have until the 22nd feb 2022 to complete it before it's vaulted

Soldato
Beyond light is staying thats the current dlc atm, its the tanged shore destination that is going, but as the dreaming city is still a big part of the game its the only part of the forsaken dlc that is staying, come to think of it i think forsaken went free to all players around a week ago, you have until the 22nd feb 2022 to complete it before it's vaulted
Thanks Wookiee.

Soldato
As a played that stepped away shortly after release, everything seems very confusing regarding content. Is the Legendary Edition the edition to get, does it include all the DLC?

the legenary edition of destiny 2 inludes

beyond light dlc which was last seasons content (you do have access to the curret season which is season of the lost)
forsaken dlc
shadowkeep dlc

not gonna lie i personally wouldnt opt for this pack as forsaken has become free to all players a few weeks ago and as of the 22/2/2022 forsaken dlc will go in to the DCV (destiny content vault) and all destinations and quests will be unavalible from that (apart from the dreaming city destination)

to get started i'd opt for beyond light dlc as that is the most upto date content in the game and will allow you do all thats needed without having all the other dlc's to worry about to complete, wont lie there will be plenty to do with just the above single dlc, it's on offer too via steam 50% off.
See how you get on with that and if you enjoy it then the next dlc to get would be witch queen but a word of warning that dlc is very very expensive and releases on the 22/2/2022, but oh my it brings so much more new and exciting content to the game, i fell head over heals and bought it, but thats me :)

bit side tracked, have a look at beyond light dlc (not the upgrade ot deluxe editions) and see what you think, if you get stuck there are plenty of groups out there that can help, i've been there from the early alpha on pc 2017 and have done it all and spent a lot of money on the game.

the base free to play game as it stands has plenty of things to keep you busy, (there are 60ish days until witch queen drops so you have time to do a few things including the beyond light dlc)

Soldato
the legenary edition of destiny 2 inludes

beyond light dlc which was last seasons content (you do have access to the curret season which is season of the lost)
forsaken dlc
shadowkeep dlc

not gonna lie i personally wouldnt opt for this pack as forsaken has become free to all players a few weeks ago and as of the 22/2/2022 forsaken dlc will go in to the DCV (destiny content vault) and all destinations and quests will be unavalible from that (apart from the dreaming city destination)

to get started i'd opt for beyond light dlc as that is the most upto date content in the game and will allow you do all thats needed without having all the other dlc's to worry about to complete, wont lie there will be plenty to do with just the above single dlc, it's on offer too via steam 50% off.
See how you get on with that and if you enjoy it then the next dlc to get would be witch queen but a word of warning that dlc is very very expensive and releases on the 22/2/2022, but oh my it brings so much more new and exciting content to the game, i fell head over heals and bought it, but thats me :)

bit side tracked, have a look at beyond light dlc (not the upgrade ot deluxe editions) and see what you think, if you get stuck there are plenty of groups out there that can help, i've been there from the early alpha on pc 2017 and have done it all and spent a lot of money on the game.

the base free to play game as it stands has plenty of things to keep you busy, (there are 60ish days until witch queen drops so you have time to do a few things including the beyond light dlc)

Thanks for the round up, it's very confusing!

Destiny 2 seems to be on offer at the moment
  • Destiny 2: Beyond Light £7.96
  • Destiny 2: Beyond Light + 1 Season £9.95
  • Destiny 2: Beyond Light Deluxe Edition £15.92
  • Destiny 2: Forsaken Pack £3.98
  • Destiny 2: Legendary Edition £14.33
  • Destiny 2: Shadowkeep £4.00
Would you still recommend just going for Beyond Light? What's the +1 season, assuming that's not the new DLC coming out in Feb.

Soldato
Would you still recommend just going for Beyond Light? What's the +1 season, assuming that's not the new DLC coming out in Feb

the +1 on the beyond light inludes the current season which is season of the lost (season 15) but there is 60 days left it'll be hard to get to rank 100 and claim all of the bonuses in the pass, beyond light includes a awful lot to do and since you are a returning player from a while ago, i'd say not to burden yourself with too much to do, its upto you though if you think you can do beyond light campaign and all of the season of the lost stuff, crack on. Regardles you have access to the forsaken dlc as that is free so there is another huge amount to do as well

what ever you choose the way to play is

Curse of Osiris (5/12/2017) (long gone)
Warmind (8/5/2018) (long gone)
Forsaken dlc (4/9/2018) (going on the 22/2/2022)
Shadowkeep dlc (1/10/2019)
Beyond Light dlc (10/11/2020)
Witch Queen dlc (avalible to play 22/2/2022)

intermingled with in all of the above dlc's are all the seasons that have come and gone (1-13) and the current season which is season (15)

if you can do it go for the beyond light dlc +1 season if not keep it simple to get back into the game and just go for the vanilla beyond light dlc, if you really get into it then look at Witch Queen dlc

Last edited:
Soldato
the +1 on the beyond light inludes the current season which is season of the lost (season 14) but there is 60 days left it'll be hard to get to rank 100 and claim all of the bonuses in the pass, beyond light includes a awful lot to do and since you are a returning player from a while ago, i'd say not to burden yourself with too much to do, its upto you though if you think you can do beyond light campaign and all of the season of the lost stuff, crack on. Regardles you have access to the forsaken dlc as that is free so there is another huge amount to do as well

what ever you choose the way to play is

Curse of Osiris (5/12/2017) (long gone)
Warmind (8/5/2018) (long gone)
Forsaken dlc (4/9/2018) (going on the 22/2/2022)
Shadowkeep dlc (1/10/2019)
Beyond Light dlc (10/11/2020)
Witch Queen dlc (avalible to play 22/2/2022)

intermingled with in all of the above dlc's are all the seasons that have come and gone (1-13) and the current season which is season (14)

if you can do it go for the beyond light dlc +1 season if not keep it simple to get back into the game and just go for the vanilla beyuond light dlc, if you really get into it then look at Witch Queen dlc

Many thanks for your help, I'll go for the beyond light dlc +1 season based on your recommendations :)

Associate
Got back into this a few months ago after a couple of years away, it's not the most user friendly for new or returning player, although once you do get used to the mission section of the menu it's ok, the game play is addictive though and getting into an active clan has helped massively especially with doing raids, the clan I'm in do guided raids each week for people with 0-5 clears, and there is always someone on looking for someone to help with something be it a raid, dungeon, pvp.

Soldato
@2StepSteve oh BIG TIP regarding the season pass, as you unlock the levels to 100 dont claim any engrams or exotics/weapons or armor from the pass until your charicter level increases to a good 1300+ then you can claim all the items, it just saves glimmer and other resourses that are needed elsewhere in game, and most importantly time

as tempthing as the exotics may be, hold off, when you get to power level 1300+ go for it

if you get any blue, purple items thats are more power than you have keep using them until more drop, they will plato at 1280-1300 probally, at this ponit look in game for powerful rewards and chase down all of thease to increase power to 1320, then comes the pinnicle grind from 1320-1330

Last edited:
Soldato
Must admit i'm a bit lost too similar to a previous posted. Having never played Destiny 1 jumping into Destiny 2 is a bit of a minefield. I've no idea what i'm supposed to be doing but have been getting some quests from Shaw so i'm assuming i just work my way through them.
Enjoying it so far and its free on Stadia which is a bonus!

Soldato
Must admit i'm a bit lost too similar to a previous posted. Having never played Destiny 1 jumping into Destiny 2 is a bit of a minefield. I've no idea what i'm supposed to be doing but have been getting some quests from Shaw so i'm assuming i just work my way through them.
Enjoying it so far and its free on Stadia which is a bonus!

basically until you get to power ie 1280-1300 keep going to every vendor to pickup quests and run through the story, gain xp and new gear to boos you up, the end game content is pretty sick when you can play it, play public events throughout the destinations too, if you get stuck with quests pop on yt and see walktrough video's :)

Back
Top Bottom