Poll: Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 2021, Yas Island - Race 22

Rate the 2021 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix out of ten. If you want. I can’t be arsed.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

You bet your bottom dollar Merc will have a thousand examples of such scenarios where the safety car has been used in the “normal” way.

The whole “we want to let the race end under green flags” is BS too.

Remember Monaco a few years ago? Drivers chasing for the win with Seb on old tyres. Someone hits the barriers red flag and SC to the end.

(Same race Schumacher got shafted for overtaking Alonso after the SC line - a legit overtake!)

Soldato
Either way Masi can't stay now. So many rules thrown out, especially rewarding Max so much for punting drivers off the track with no repercussions, I only hope all the other drivers have taken note and treat him the same way.
Does anyone have any clue how they where able to select what cars can unlap themselves? I have never witnessed that.

Soldato
That appeal result is full of many issues in itself. Admitting to basically placing more racing above safety and procedures...from the FIA!?
What an awful end to the season even if you are a Max fan surely? That feeling that it is already tarnished and may not stand must feel terrible. Good. He and RB deserve nothing less.

It's never been about how much of a show you put on. You have rubbish football matches but the ref doesn't just make up a rule to have the best spectacle for fans. The integrity has been wiped out and makes me feel like watching f1 now as a fan wanting fairness, is impossible.

Red Bull fans don’t care though, to them it is a legitimate victory. Can’t convince delusional people! Hamilton has been robbed, which is a shame but nothing anyone can really do now that the FIA are hiding behind the rules they can keep making up.

Soldato
Either way Masi can't stay now. So many rules thrown out, especially rewarding Max so much for punting drivers off the track with no repercussions, I only hope all the other drivers have taken note and treat him the same way.
Does anyone have any clue how they where able to select what cars can unlap themselves? I have never witnessed that.

I'm not sure he needs to go. F1 just needs to sort itself out. You can't have made up rules all the time.

fez

fez

Caporegime
I think people are being overly dramatic when they say this will negatively effect F1 going forwards.

They will lose a few hardcore fans but thats it. They will get far more new and really polarised fans as a result of this and everyone knows (because Facebook know) that the best kind of engagement mechanism is an us vs them rhetoric and a nice big dose of outrage. Even better if you have 2 sides that hate each other.

There is a damn good reason the world appears more polarised than ever. Because its encouraged and drives profits for the companies that pedal it. F1 is no different.

Mark my words. Next season will be more popular than ever and they will milk this controversy for all its worth.

Sports hasn't been about the sport for a very long time. Football is the same and football has exactly the same issues. Bent management of the sport who hide behind whatever they need to in order to avoid admitting that everything they do is profit driven.

I'll still watch F1 but as always, I will just dip in an out of it.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Magic 8 ball

Caporegime
F1 is completely dead in the water. I really struggle to see it coming back from this. They will look back in years to come that this was the turning point towards the end of F1.

I know it is bad for the jobs but if I was Mercedes I would just pull out of the sport all together. This will only get worse next season.

As someone mentioned F1 is basically the motoring version of WWE.

Soldato
Why?

Where was the advantage gained?

He was ahead before the corner, got punted off track in the middle, and was ahead after the corner.
Status quo
No advantage to give back.

He was further ahead though. Yeah it wouldn't have mattered but he did gain advantage by going off the track. Strictly speaking he should have at least slowed down a bit

Caporegime
You bet your bottom dollar Merc will have a thousand examples of such scenarios where the safety car has been used in the “normal” way.

The whole “we want to let the race end under green flags” is BS too.

Remember Monaco a few years ago? Drivers chasing for the win with Seb on old tyres. Someone hits the barriers red flag and SC to the end.

(Same race Schumacher got shafted for overtaking Alonso after the SC line - a legit overtake!)

Its also complete rubbish, because there is no way the teams have ever agreed to that nonsense, because it affects everyone else who isnt the two leaders (or three or four...who is considered the "leaders" anyway)?

You either let all the cars unlap themselves or none. To do otherwise is obviously totally unfair, and its why that isn't anywhere near the rulebook.

Soldato
I do feel bad for Lewis today, he didn’t put a foot wrong today, but I still believe over the course of the season Max was very unlucky not to score points in Baku or Silverstone. Today the luck was on his side very much like Lewis in 2008 when he secured his first WDC on the last lap in drama.

FIA have been inconsistent for way longer than just this season alone, people tend to forget they’ve been like this for a very long time.

Im glad this hybrid era is over, roll on next year and hopefully we get more teams fighting at the front!

Congrats to Max, both drivers deserved to win this year but it can only go to one person.

Caporegime
F1 is completely dead in the water. I really struggle to see it coming back from this. They will look back in years to come that this was the turning point towards the end of F1.

I know it is bad for the jobs but if I was Mercedes I would just pull out of the sport all together. This will only get worse next season.

As someone mentioned F1 is basically the motoring version of WWE.

I know people think this is hyperbole, but i'm genuinely not watching it again if this result doesn't get overturned.

You can guarantee you wont see me in this thread next year if it doesn't.

I hadn't been following it much over the last few years because of this sort of stuff, and then now this has happened i'm out. It is the most egregious display of "match" fixing ( or at best utter incompetence) by the FIA i have ever seen.

Soldato
Red Bull fans don’t care though, to them it is a legitimate victory. Can’t convince delusional people! Hamilton has been robbed, which is a shame but nothing anyone can really do now that the FIA are hiding behind the rules they can keep making up.
No delusion in accepting the sporting body's ultimate decision?
Can I offer up a similar case of sour grapes? Trump losing to Biden.

Associate
I do feel bad for Lewis today, he didn’t put a foot wrong today, but I still believe over the course of the season Max was very unlucky not to score points in Baku or Silverstone. Today the luck was on his side very much like Lewis in 2008 when he secured his first WDC on the last lap in drama.

FIA have been inconsistent for way longer than just this season alone, people tend to forget they’ve been like this for a very long time.

Im glad this hybrid era is over, roll on next year and hopefully we get more teams fighting at the front!

Congrats to Max, both drivers deserved to win this year but it can only go to one person.
And hungry
Max deserved to win the championship, shame its going to be overshadowed by the fia making a complete joke of everything again.

Caporegime
I think people are being overly dramatic when they say this will negatively effect F1 going forwards.

They will lose a few hardcore fans but thats it. They will get far more new and really polarised fans as a result of this and everyone knows (because Facebook know) that the best kind of engagement mechanism is an us vs them rhetoric and a nice big dose of outrage. Even better if you have 2 sides that hate each other.

There is a damn good reason the world appears more polarised than ever. Because its encouraged and drives profits for the companies that pedal it. F1 is no different.

Mark my words. Next season will be more popular than ever and they will milk this controversy for all its worth.

Sports hasn't been about the sport for a very long time. Football is the same and football has exactly the same issues. Bent management of the sport who hide behind whatever they need to in order to avoid admitting that everything they do is profit driven.

I'll still watch F1 but as always, I will just dip in an out of it.

Yes but there isn't match fixing in football and when there is the team gets punished. Essentially you have had match fixing today by a third party.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom