Hawkeye TV show

Soldato
@pepp77

So the non-logic of Clint allowing an untrained Kate to B&E into an unknown possibly hostile location just so that the story writers could have Clint and Yelena fight on the rooftop.

It probably should have been Clint going into the Flat, getting attacked there by Yelena with Kate watching from the rooftop. Kate then would run across the road to help and gets caught by Echo as she enters the Flat. The events on the rooftop (echo shot, Kate knocked off/out the building) can still occur but from inside the flat instead.

However it's harder to film in a small set and makes it harder to see what's happening vs being on an open rooftop etc so I can understand why the stunt storywriters decided to use Clint on a rooftop, even if its far less realistic for him to be there.

I'm not sure you can really say he let her, she kinda just does what she wants to and had gone off before
Did you read what I wrote afterwards to explain it more fully :D

So Clint didn't stop the untrained Kate as she was about to enter the building and instead, as she crossed the road he said "I told you you were supposed to be lookout" and she replied "Yeah but of the two of us who do you trust not to get distracted?" to which he said "Look it's not fair, your ability to act like a grown up helps you get your own way" and then he does nothing to stop her in any way, as instead the super-spy/assassin/avenger just watches the untrained Kate B&E into a potentially hostile place with who knows what threats.

Again I understand that the people who wrote this section of the story "needed" Clint to be outside for the rooftop fight with Yelena but the "way" they did that was poor, to me at least, versus the much better writing earlier in the episode (arrows, dancing, Natasha etc).

He said inability to act like a grown up.

Basically as far as I am concerned that scene played exactly as you really should expect it to based on what we know of Kate from the four episodes.

Soldato
Fair enough, I'll stop talking about this masterful and soon to be award winning script which has absolutely zero flaws at all and is perfectly logical with solid consistent character decisions which perfectly encapsulate the nuance of a super-spy/assassin/Avenger whose promised to keep Kate safe in one scene and yet 5 minutes later does absolutely nothing to stop her wandering into an unknown and potentially life-threatening situation as that would just too hard to write, or a 50m arrow suddenly spearing through a NY bridge with massive explosions across the city which absolutely zero people acknowledge happening apparently because.................................we're not allowed to "unnecessarily poke holes" or have opinions any more, bravo everyone, bravo - I can't wait to see every script from now on being the bestest ever :D

Soldato
It’s not that it’s the greatest script ever, but if you think about it a little a lot of these things make sense, the arrow speared the truck not the bridge and then would have reverted in size, so unless you were looking at it as it happened it’s unlikely you would have been aware of the 50m spear, don’t forget the arrow was falling and not shot with force downwards.
The arrows were collected by the police so the incident was noted, but us not seeing a news report isn’t important as we don’t see everything.
Kates mum not being aware is possible as she is a CEO of a large company and in that short time might not have watched or listened to the news and might not have heard of an incident on the bridge and then even if she had depending on how it was reported might not have realised it was related to Clint and her daughter.

we have already seen kate is impetuous and that Clint will basically go along to get along once something has happened and then deal with the aftermath, after all if he was so adamant to not involve her after speaking to her mum, why did he even take her to the roof opposite the apartment and not just leave her at the flat with the larpers?

I’m not saying it’s perfect, but it’s fun and in a way a little whimsical and makes for an entertaining half hour or so a week to just watch and enjoy rather than trying to find things to moan about.

Soldato
Don’t get your panties in a twist, the writing isn’t bad and there is continuity and permanence but that doesn’t mean it’s the greatest script ever. It does seem odd the two examples you’ve nit picked though are ones that make sense.

The show isn’t perfect though and the one big issue I have is how the Ronan suit and sword ended up at the black market auction. Even if someone figured out he was the Ronan, say through Kate’s mom’s security firm, given Clint’s desire to distance himself and family from the Ronan, surely he’d have left the suit somewhere secure and untraceable to him.

It seems the show is building to something with the watch. But I struggle to see how there’s going to be a satisfactory explanation for the above.

Soldato
surely he’d have left the suit somewhere secure and untraceable to him.

Why? The Avengers knew he was Ronin and the Avenger's compound was a pretty secure place, well unless you had a suit and a supply of Pym particles or a Sanctuary II that is. It's where I would've left it if I didn't destroy it.

Soldato
The show isn’t perfect though and the one big issue I have is how the Ronan suit and sword ended up at the black market auction. Even if someone figured out he was the Ronan, say through Kate’s mom’s security firm, given Clint’s desire to distance himself and family from the Ronan, surely he’d have left the suit somewhere secure and untraceable to him.

:eek: How dare you unnecessarily poke holes in the script, it is literal perfection that will be winning every award for scriptwriting EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

greta-how-dare-you.gif

:D

Soldato
Why? The Avengers knew he was Ronin and the Avenger's compound was a pretty secure place, well unless you had a suit and a supply of Pym particles or a Sanctuary II that is. It's where I would've left it if I didn't destroy it.

It’s where I would have most likely left it as well.

people don’t know he’s the Ronan and in fact by going after the suit he has made someone work out it was him - Kate, but at least the TSM don’t know it’s him as thy thought it was Kate who would have been a teen when he was killing.

Soldato

Clint’s wife and Natasha are the only ones that know(knew). The other Avengers don’t.

Clint has a conversation with Kate about that he has to stay and sort everything out as he never wanted it connected to him and his family. If you’re that paranoid about it then, given what he knows others can do, no matter how secure you think the Avengers tower is you’d hide it somewhere with zero connection to you.

Associate
I have to say I'm enjoying it a lot more than I was expecting. I was never really a fan of the character in the films so I guess my bar was quite low.

Idle speculation ahead:
Is it just me or is Kate's mum being set up as the evil mastermind, instead of it being Jack? I can't make up my mind as they have almost made that too obvious at this point.

Caporegime
Idle speculation ahead:
Is it just me or is Kate's mum being set up as the evil mastermind, instead of it being Jack? I can't make up my mind as they have almost made that too obvious at this point.

Nah I thought the flashback in episode 3 dropped the hint who the 'uncle was' I don't think either of them are the top man, but I don't want to say and ruin it for you. I only knew because Maya 'Echo' came to my Marvel Puzzle Quest game and when I looked into her back story it became clear. Also why people think DD will show up.

Associate
Nah I thought the flashback in episode 3 dropped the hint who the 'uncle was' I don't think either of them are the top man, but I don't want to say and ruin it for you. I only knew because Maya 'Echo' came to my Marvel Puzzle Quest game and when I looked into her back story it became clear. Also why people think DD will show up.
I must have missed something obvious as nothing in the flashbacks really stood out to me. I thought it was either going to be her mum directly, or her mum was covering for her (not really) dead dad. But then I was also starting to suspect Jack of being a Skrull this episode, so I am probably way off on all of this as I haven't any background info from the comics, just the shows and movies.

I guess we will find out soon enough as there are only a couple of episodes left, and I would hope they will make the reveal by the end of this season.

Man of Honour
All up to date now. I initially thought it was be a bit cheesy and slapstick in parts but it's actually really good. Solid fight choreography, solid pew pew arrow to the knees action, solid banter between them both and she's a great sidekick too as it turns out.

Solid out of ten.

Soldato
I thought Hawkeye was supposed to set today? But the start of ep5 was 2018 then 5 years later which threw me.

2018 was when Thanos clicked his fingers and deleted half of life, 5 years later was the moment the Avengers reverted that. Episode 5 certainly answered some of the questions bought up in the previous episode.

Soldato
2018 was when Thanos clicked his fingers and deleted half of life, 5 years later was the moment the Avengers reverted that. Episode 5 certainly answered some of the questions bought up in the previous episode.

I know what the 2 events were. I guess I’ve just forgotten or not noticed the timeline mismatch before.

Caporegime
Great episode this week. As above I'll probably rewatch black widow off the back of it.

I never believed the kingpin rumours so was a bit surprised. I didn't watch the final season of DareDevil but surprised that the Netflix shows are crossing over into the Disney+ stuff and possibly even the new Spiderman film. The shoes were OK but they never felt connected to the movies which is probably why I only watched about half of them

rp2000

Back
Top Bottom