**** Official Microsoft Flight Simulator Thread ****

Associate
Trying to pop-out the instrument panels using AltGr crashes the game every time using DirectX12. It's fine with 11 but it tanks performance. It's about a 10fps hit with each popped out window.

Is one monitor HDR and the one you are trying to pop-out onto non-HDR? This caused me issues in the past. Disabling HDR on the HDR capable monitor allowed me to use the pop-out.

Soldato
Tried it for the first time from playing it earlier in the year, anyone noticed that controls don't work after a period of time and you have to move the cursor? also the the map overlay doesn't move or shrink.

Performance wise on DX11 VR getting sturdy frames 30fps.

Soldato
Is one monitor HDR and the one you are trying to pop-out onto non-HDR? This caused me issues in the past. Disabling HDR on the HDR capable monitor allowed me to use the pop-out.

No, just standard dynamic range on a 170hz 1440p monitor. It crashes even before i can drag the window to a second monitor.

Associate
Tried it for the first time from playing it earlier in the year, anyone noticed that controls don't work after a period of time and you have to move the cursor?
Define period of time? I frequently fly for 90 mins or more in a single flight and have never seen this.

Associate
There have been a few topics on the official forums about removing the Google maps and returning to using the Bing ones. The un-install can be flaky.

Associate
anyone tried the hack which swaps bing maps for google maps?
I have and its really good imo, the detail for my street is better and more uptodate.
Roads especially are better. I use it everytime i fly now.
There have been a few topics on the official forums about removing the Google maps and returning to using the Bing ones. The un-install can be flaky.
To use bing maps again, if theres any issues just delete the hosts file from /windows/system32/drivers/etc folder before you start msfs, a new unmodified one will be automatically created (the mod alters this file).

Soldato
Can thoroughly recommend Just Flights Hawk T1.

Pretty cool flying a red arrow over London.

DX12 didn’t work for me so back to 11.

Back
Top Bottom