Poll: Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 2021, Yas Island - Race 22

Rate the 2021 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix out of ten. If you want. I can’t be arsed.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I think you'll find that Aston Martin, Alpine and Alfa Romeo all had flexi rear wings. It was just that Mercedes played politics and highlight their nearest competitor...
So? They were all running illegal wings and were given multiple races to fix it. All the while, gaining an advantage.

Soldato
"Remains impartial in all matters relating to the competition and deals with each situation on its merits. Respects confidentiality in all matters."

&

"Makes focussed decisions when confronted with intensified periods of demand upon his/her time and/or abilities."

LOL. He failed miserably.

Has a thorough understanding of all the relevant regulations required to run the competition inclusive of the sporting, technical and judicial rules. Understands also any applicable civil and/ or legal requirements relevant to a competition.

^ Apparently that one does not matter as he can just make **** up as he goes along according to the FIA
How's masi not been sacked yet?

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I doubt they’ll sack him, as that would be seen as admission of guilt and acceptance that they done wrong.

It’s more likely they’ll ask him to step down or create some other crazy position for him and move him along.

However, I personally see neither situation happening as the season is over and the media buzz will die off if Mercedes drop the appeal. It’s more likely that the FIA will double down on the decision and hope it blows over.

The danger with this approach is that his reputation is shot to pieces, so the next questionable decision he makes (race 1 2022? :D) will lead to the reopening of old wounds. For that reason, I think he needs to step down voluntarily.

If he does step down, (let’s say after the appeal is dropped) then they’ll give it the big “oh noes… we wish him well”, release a press statement thanking him and quickly brush it away.

However, with the way that he handled that last race I kind of hope they get Vince McMahon to scream YOOOOUURRRE FIIIIIIIRED at him whilst Toto comes at him with a steel chair. Entertainment.

Soldato
The danger with this approach is that his reputation is shot to pieces, so the next questionable decision he makes (race 1 2022? :D) will lead to the reopening of old wounds. For that reason, I think he needs to step down voluntarily.

I think two things :
1) Race Director needs some help - trying to do too much at the same time. Give some of the responsibilities to a newly created job.
2) Decisions are final. Should be a one way street. RD issues an edict, that's it. The horse trading and moaning over the comms we've heard far too much from this year has to stop.

Soldato
Why do people keep saying Max is worthy winner etc. What made him worthy? No doubt he's one of the best, but his terrible driving style, forward breaking into corners, easily having as good or in many races faster car, poor race craft etc. What are people saying for the season he deserves it?. Then going on about his bad luck? He could have been nowhere this year if Masi stuck to the rules.

Associate
Why do people keep saying Max is worthy winner etc. What made him worthy? No doubt he's one of the best, but his terrible driving style, forward breaking into corners, easily having as good or in many races faster car, poor race craft etc. What are people saying for the season he deserves it?. Then going on about his bad luck? He could have been nowhere this year if Masi stuck to the rules.

I can’t think of any other race where he was given a significant advantage. He’s an excellent driver and came back from a sizeable points deficit (let’s not forget Baku and Silverstone), in an arguably worse car (the Merc is a beast). FIA BS aside, both drivers were deserving.

Associate
I doubt they’ll sack him, as that would be seen as admission of guilt and acceptance that they done wrong.

It’s more likely they’ll ask him to step down or create some other crazy position for him and move him along.

However, I personally see neither situation happening as the season is over and the media buzz will die off if Mercedes drop the appeal. It’s more likely that the FIA will double down on the decision and hope it blows over.

If he does step down, (let’s say after the appeal is dropped) then they’ll give it the big “oh noes… we wish him well”, release a press statement thanking him and quickly brush it away.

However, with the way that he handled that last race I kind of hope they get Vince McMahon to scream YOOOOUURRRE FIIIIIIIRED at him whilst Toto comes at him with a steel chair. Entertainment.
No way this blows over any time soon, even if Merc drop it. It's one of the most egregious rule breaks in the history of the sport and fans will still be outraged at the start of next season if Verstappen's illegitimate championship stands. If Masi steps down that would also be seen as an admission of guilt so they're in a bit of a pickle.

Soldato
The race director should literally be the person that is watching and monitoring whether the race is flowing safely and there are no obstructions. Anything beyond the basics of starting/stopping and running a safe race should be referred to a steward team which quickly and efficiently looks up any offenses in the rule book (which will have been re-written to be clearer and to cover all scenarios including Max style "racing") and then they report back with their findings to apply any penalties immediately in the race. These should be penalties fit for the crime obviously and any time penalty is served immediately via either VSC style delta to drop them back, pit lane drive throughs and/or stop go penalties. All comms to Race control are banned for teams unless for emergency safety information. If this is abused by Horner claiming that for example Mercedes being fast is a "safety issue", he is fined 1 million euros for each word that comes out of his mouth and docked a point per word from each of the drivers points total.

If a decision cannot be made quickly by the steward team because it is debatable, the debate is referred to a further back team (which already will be viewing the same data and forming their individual votes) which then feedback a very quick vote on a yes/no as to whether someone is at fault and should be penalised like a boxing scoring panel. This would ideally have an odd number...say 7 people. If a vote comes out 4:3 in favour of a penalty to person X, they get a penalty. This all happens in seconds/minutes at most. Cameras front and rear of each car to be always on with footage always immediately available to the stewards. They could call the panel the No BS panel. Slight problem with that is the acronym does become NOBS.

Soldato
can’t think of any other race where he was given a significant advantage.
He was given his advantages when he wasn't penalised for cheating, such as running people off the road or overtaking off the circuit. As the guy above said, he'd have been nowhere without Masi's and the stewards incompetence.

Associate
He was given his advantages when he wasn't penalised for cheating, such as running people off the road or overtaking off the circuit. As the guy above said, he'd have been nowhere without Masi's and the stewards incompetence.

Would probably make up the difference if Lewis had a real penalty in Silverstone. Considering his tyre failure in Baku as well, he’s worked hard for his points. Belittling RB and Max’s work is just a weak excuse.

Soldato
Yea, people hating on RB are just blind Merc fans. Both teams did incredible work this season and the only failing is with the FIA.

Definitely, I wonder what the comments would have been if this had all happened the other way round and Max was screwed by the safety car. :p

Over the whole season Merc had the better car and virtually every race it was Max vs two Mercedes drivers, they had all the tools at their disposal to win the title but the reality is Lewis has made quite a lot of mistakes this year, and the less said about Mercedes' strategy the better :cry:.

It's quite remarkable how well Max/RB have done really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom