Spider-Man: No Way Home.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
All the critics are teenage woke children though. Of course they are going to love it.

No movie will ever be as good as the 80s cartoon of Spiderman

Soldato
Can someone please explain what is "woke"? Sorry i dont really understand the concept.
initially it meant being alert to societal injustice - its been around for a very long time, since the 60's - particularly around race and 'marginalised groups' (of course you could argue that when the entirety of the msm and western companies are in your corner you aren't marginalised). Nowadays its used more as a slur for people that see social injustice where there isn't any, a bit like sjw.

Soldato
It's a hard time trying to avoid spoilers on YouTube. Already came across 2!
Oh yeh if you dont see this opening day the whole movie will be ruined for you with 24 hours.
I dont really care, im not massively invested in these movies. For all the fawning over Tom Holland, we still havent had a solo movie that really puts across Spidermans importance in the Marvel world but I guess the Sony deal really hampered that.

Last edited:
Associate
Went to see it today. Enjoyed the film, did not enjoy the fanboys whooping, cheering and clapping at every single potential moment of film tie in/crossover (so most of the film really). I could understand it from children but these were (phsyically at least) adults.

Partially my own fault, I hadn't realised it was the first day of release when we booked, it was just the only day this week we could both make it.

Associate
At my cinema they mainly just cheered/whooped at "that" moment, which I didn't mind as it just shows how excited people are, but I did have some horrible woman sit a few seats down who just would not shut her gob. Even during jokes that normally warrant a small smile, she made some very audible grunt laugh noise, and she laughed obnoxiously loudly at the actual funny moments, and made stupid "ooooh!" noises during some suspenseful parts and that kind of thing.

Back
Top Bottom