Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
At Oulton park today. Extremely greasy but cleared up around 1pm. As ever it is incredible on track and always a conversation piece.

51749452088_f9231e3b44_h.jpg

51750087050_e872a83aad_h.jpg

51749207696_ad8dfb6dbf_h.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Car looks good Nath. Notice much difference with the new parts from TDINorth?

No new parts. I went to get it dynoed but the NSX AWD system is very complex and needed higher tech/newer dyno equipment really so we couldn’t get a solid run out of it.

it does all kinds of things for example, the front electric motors (front wheels only) shut off after 60-70mph. And when in sport+ and track the front wheels only work when launching or full throttle. So babying the car up to speed as you have to do in most dynos was sending the car into a fit.

I’m booked in at Litchfields later this month as they believe they can dyno it 100%, I’d hope so as they do many GTRs and 911 turbos etc.

Looks so compact in that last shot, love it! Really would like one of these.

Thanks! Yeah it’s about 4.4m long so smaller than you think!

OcUK Staff
At Oulton park today. Extremely greasy but cleared up around 1pm. As ever it is incredible on track and always a conversation piece.

51749452088_f9231e3b44_h.jpg

51750087050_e872a83aad_h.jpg

51749207696_ad8dfb6dbf_h.jpg

Looks superb!

I went to book the day a week or two ago, was fully booked, put my name on reserve list and Tuesday I got a space open up, but I just looked at weather and thought track will be cold and wet all day so would just be annoying so skipped it, bit miffed considering you say it dried out around 1pm, oh well. Was it a busy day or was there a few drop outs?

Had Donnington to myself a lot, was the only good thing as most people too scared to go out, but I must say I was wishing the Exige was on PS4S or a dedicated rain/wet tyre.

4.4m is pretty compact and dyno wise Litchfield use Maha so if there is a dyno that can, it will be theirs.

Soldato
Looks superb!

I went to book the day a week or two ago, was fully booked, put my name on reserve list and Tuesday I got a space open up, but I just looked at weather and thought track will be cold and wet all day so would just be annoying so skipped it, bit miffed considering you say it dried out around 1pm, oh well. Was it a busy day or was there a few drop outs?

Had Donnington to myself a lot, was the only good thing as most people too scared to go out, but I must say I was wishing the Exige was on PS4S or a dedicated rain/wet tyre.

4.4m is pretty compact and dyno wise Litchfield use Maha so if there is a dyno that can, it will be theirs.

Plenty packed up and left at 12pm as lunch broke, fools!

Can’t say enough good about the 4S really. Incredible in all conditions.

Soldato
Looks good!
Does the NSX give you the impression it could do it all day, every day Nath? Any signs of weakness? Is it on steel or ceramics? One thing I do like about the Exige just gives the impression that it can do it none stop.

Car is on carbon ceramics, no signs of fatigue in the car and could be pushed harder than I do. I’m alittle annoyed as my go pro ran out of battery later in the day, so I’m left with my earlier/greasier runs on cam but none of maximum attack sessions. Shame.

The only issue I got was the “braking power reduced” after a few consecutive sessions. Although it didn’t feel reduced, I played it safe and came off for them to cool down.

The NSX is a heavy beast, 1750kg so those brakes have a hard time of it.

OcUK Staff
Car is on carbon ceramics, no signs of fatigue in the car and could be pushed harder than I do. I’m alittle annoyed as my go pro ran out of battery later in the day, so I’m left with my earlier/greasier runs on cam but none of maximum attack sessions. Shame.

The only issue I got was the “braking power reduced” after a few consecutive sessions. Although it didn’t feel reduced, I played it safe and came off for them to cool down.

The NSX is a heavy beast, 1750kg so those brakes have a hard time of it.

The trick with ceramics is ensuring they are properly cooled off before parking up, always try do at least one coolin lap, ideally two, I know early Porsche ceramics and Ferrari ceramics suffer from heat and de-laminate. The 458 will need new brakes potentially next year, around 13k all round, but thinking I will go surface transforms as they don't have same issues and last 2-3x longer and are around 10k for a full set.

Soldato
The trick with ceramics is ensuring they are properly cooled off before parking up, always try do at least one coolin lap, ideally two, I know early Porsche ceramics and Ferrari ceramics suffer from heat and de-laminate. The 458 will need new brakes potentially next year, around 13k all round, but thinking I will go surface transforms as they don't have same issues and last 2-3x longer and are around 10k for a full set.

Yeah they cool down pretty quick, one lap driving casually and letting people past and the warning disappears.

Surface transforms? You've lost me :p Do you mean steel brakes?

OcUK Staff
Yeah they cool down pretty quick, one lap driving casually and letting people past and the warning disappears.

Surface transforms? You've lost me :p Do you mean steel brakes?

Nope, surface transforms make ceramic brake disc, but they are quite a big improvement over the original equipment Brembo that most manufacturers use. Quite a few GT3 RS guys have removed their factory ceramic disc and replaced with these simply because they take track abuse far better and offer superior braking performance. As for me they cost the same / similar to Ferrari but for a big uplift in longevity and performance. The one weakness the 458 has is the ceramics though good, could be better and they wear pretty fast on track. 488 was a major improvement in braking performance.

https://www.surfacetransforms.com/

Soldato
Nope, surface transforms make ceramic brake disc, but they are quite a big improvement over the original equipment Brembo that most manufacturers use. Quite a few GT3 RS guys have removed their factory ceramic disc and replaced with these simply because they take track abuse far better and offer superior braking performance. As for me they cost the same / similar to Ferrari but for a big uplift in longevity and performance. The one weakness the 458 has is the ceramics though good, could be better and they wear pretty fast on track. 488 was a major improvement in braking performance.

https://www.surfacetransforms.com/

interesting, didn’t cross my mind that there may be an aftermarket option for ceramics.

Soldato
I don't know why but that front plate just triggers my ocd. I don't know if there's a better solution for the nsx but it looks weird at best. Car does look great otherwise!

Soldato
It's like one of those weird forced perspective images; I know that it's slightly pointed, but head on in that photo, it looks completely flat, and it's messing with my head.
Still, great car :cool:

Back
Top Bottom