This Instant And Moment - 2021!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Had a properly ****** day. Got a phonecall this morning from the nursing home where my old man is saying that they'd had the doctor out to see him as they suspect an UTI (again). Then this afternoon they phoned again saying the ambulance had been and the paramedics decided he needed to go into hospital to be seen properly. Just got off the phone with the doctor at the Royal Stoke and he's tested positive for Covid. He's in the nursing home due to him requiring 24hr care for Parkinson's and dementia, but he also suffers from COPD, asthma and has heart problems, so it doesn't bode well. We can't even go up and see him either.

Sorry to hear that, I hope your dad pulls through. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Soldato
Erm, sounds intriguing! Do we get to see a picture? :rolleyes:
It was just the aircon going insane, raised the temperature to 70 degrees inside the room, which set off the IR fire detection system, but you have to treat it as a real fire and sf6 gas release. So full BA gear, flash over gear just to go in and open the doors plus change the broken temperature probe...

Soldato
Currently a broken man.

Spent yesterday helping our landscaper with our garden, where we’re having a patio built. Spent all day yesterday running a cement mixer, then carrying the mix in Flexi tubs through the house. We have money in the budget for a labourer to do this sort of thing, but the lad doing the job maintains that he can’t find anyone, so it sort of falls to me. I can either help him and speed the job along, or let it drag on.

Thus, today, I’m finding literally everything aches. Back, legs, shoulders, abs. I’ve come to the conclusion at 38, that getting old sucks.

Soldato
Whoop, made it to our 10th wedding anniversary!

Each year we don't really do big gifts and just try and take the current theme and get something small, then have a competition to see who "wins". We're in disagreement this year.

I got her this (she loves currys)
https://www.yumbles.com/spice-pots/...a-pOv1mWMp3JOz9LzXeJ9sWORFZYnkHxoCtjwQAvD_BwE

She got me this
https://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/p/49748/balvenie-12-year-old-sweet-toast-of-american-oak

Her reasoning for me winning is that she was told the whisky came in a tin but it's cardboard so she's disqualified. I don't care i like Whisky :D

Although my parents have upstaged us both with a £200 gift voucher for the Brewdog hotel in Manchester which i absolutely can't wait for :D

Soldato
Just had the nursing home on the phone, my Father has taken a severe turn for the worse and they're saying they don't think he'll last more than a few hours. ******* hate this Covid, I haven't seen him for nearly a month and we can't even go up to sit with him in his final moments. **** knows how we're going to tell my Sister.

Just had the nursing home on the phone, my Father has taken a severe turn for the worse and they're saying they don't think he'll last more than a few hours. ******* hate this Covid, I haven't seen him for nearly a month and we can't even go up to sit with him in his final moments. **** knows how we're going to tell my Sister.
Oh I'm so sorry to hear that.

Soldato
Oh man, so sorry to hear that. Been following all your previous updates, but that's got to be absolutely awful.
Oh I'm so sorry to hear that.

Thanks. Just had the phone call to say he's passed away. One of the nurses phoned up to say she was going to stay after her shift and sit with him through the night so he wasn't alone, then 30 mins later she phoned up to say he'd just closed his eyes and gone.

Caporegime

My condolences. Very sorry :(

One of my childhood friend also lost his dad over the weekend too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom