eBay return do I have rights?

Soldato
OP
He says he's not at home to check the serial and IMEI so I've asked him when will he be able to confirm them as I'd rather he did that before I send it back, otherwise he could possibly make some fake numbers up I'm not sure.

Edit: he's confirmed IMEI number, I'll upload the photos of the serials of the box on eBay as my proof and send tomorrow

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
What now make a video of packaging and sending the phone showing the serials and everything lol.

It sounds too easy for someone to scam you, we've confirmed serials but he could say when he receives it it's a different phone or something, ah the wonders of online shopping and returns

Caporegime
Bit rubbish for the seller. If you wanted the chance to change your mind, then you should have bought from an actual ebay shop that accepted returns.

Commissario
He's agreed to let me return as long as the security tape is not cut or anything and the serial numbers match up.
Stop overthinking things and just return it. Use tracked and insured postage.

Not everyone on eBay is out to rip people off, you bought it from a genuine seller, you got what was advertised and he's been nice enough to accept a return, even though technically he doesn't have to.

Soldato
If the seller is experienced on eBay he'll know he can't reject it, as eBay will just get the seller to return it anyway or the seller will say it's faulty. The only good thing here for the seller in a 'change of mind' reason is that the buyer pays for return postage.

Soldato
No returns accepted means you bought from a private seller, therefore you cannot return the item unless it is faulty or not as described.

I thought you could return anything within 14 days on ebay irrespective of being commercial(they declare a vat number ?) or private
- of course, you have to pay the postage, the no returns phrase is meaningless as far as I know. (just an aspiration)

I usually buy car parts I might need in a repair, even from private buyers, and have returned those I don't finally use.

Caporegime
I thought you could return anything within 14 days on ebay irrespective of being commercial(they declare a vat number ?) or private
- of course, you have to pay the postage, the no returns phrase is meaningless as far as I know. (just an aspiration)

I usually buy car parts I might need in a repair, even from private buyers, and have returned those I don't finally use.

Unless they specifically offer it you have no right to return items to a private seller because you've changed your mind or don't need them any more.

Permabanned
Have you called the police? If you are so distrusting of the seller why not just sell it on yourself? I think the seller has been more than reasonable, I wouldn't be messing about having it returned because someone has changed their mind...

Caporegime
He's agreed to let me return as long as the security tape is not cut or anything and the serial numbers match up.

Should I ask him for what serial number he has so it's in writing on the messages? He could lie about it maybe I don't know
he will say you sent an empty box back after he breaks the seal and takes a photo

he would probably have been fine with returns at the start if he was dodgy though

Soldato
After this you must give your eBay account password over to your carer and he/she will change that password to something else, so you can't inconvenience the rest of eBay ever again.

Merry Christmas :D

Soldato
Stop overthinking things and just return it. Use tracked and insured postage.

Not everyone on eBay is out to rip people off, you bought it from a genuine seller, you got what was advertised and he's been nice enough to accept a return, even though technically he doesn't have to.

Finally someone with some sense, thank you.

Caporegime
Not sure why some of you guys are concerned.

There's going to be no issue with this.
As a seller myself if someone wants to return it. You let them. Because you know its better to have them happy than peed off.

If a buyer wants to return an item they can. As a sell you just hope the buyer is genuine. The seller will be sitting there thinking you're gonna scam them and know there's nothing you they can do

Try and argue with a buyer and they may just send you a brick back. I feel sorry for the seller on this one if they are not a shop

Back
Top Bottom